<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Since ZW was a #2 pick, I wish this wasn’t true but even as poorly as the first half has gone, MW still looks more like an NFL QB at this point than ZW.  The simple fact is that ZW doesn’t yet have the mindset he needs to have to be an NFL QB.  He still plays like he’s in college and can best teams singlehandedly.  That ability may yet come but if anything this year, he’s regressed IMO.  He certainly hasn’t improved.

• Upvote 1

I don’t get the ref thing. The difference in the game is cousins will take a hit and take a chance deep and MW checks it down really really quickly. 

same exact situation played out last year. MW needs to make the Vikings pay for bringing a safety down. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Defense is playing like absolute trash

Cousins may not bee elite but you’re seeing the little things between what cousins can do and all the trash QBs this team has faced this year. The defense is good, but maybe a little over rated. The Vikings have a good team and cousins is doing all the little things a skylar Thompson cannot do to extend drives.

I don’t get the ref thing. The difference in the game is cousins will take a hit and take a chance deep and MW checks it down really really quickly. 

same exact situation played out last year. MW needs to make the Vikings pay for bringing a safety down. 

Agree.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Pointers from half that I saw:

Offense looks dead out there. Running game can’t get going, Mike White isn’t playing great and his WRs aren’t helping that. Playcalling has been crappy. This is one of the worst defenses in the NFL the Jets are playing, it should be better. 
Defense hasn’t been great either. This is the best offense they have faced this season and it’s obvious.

Refs have made some bad calls but it could be worse.

Just now, Larz said:

No vertical threat = your bread and butter rub/hi-lo routes keep getting squeezed...

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I really don't see issues with the way Mike is playing. Nothing sexy, but the receivers are completely letting the offense down. Give-aways, pentatlies and drops... ffs

Even the post/bomb they gave Harrison Smith all the credit for, Wilson didn’t go up for the ball and if he did (what all pro WRs do) it was a TD. Not sh*tting on Wilson he’s is a great, elite level young talent, but that was on him. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

The Vikings have the worst passing defense in the NFL. Not an excuse to the crap we saw from the Jets O in the last few games pre Mike White but this is awful too.

Like I said not playing as well as we could be, I also will admit we cant blame it on the Refs but we can’t act like they aren’t influencing things well above the norm.

the vikings broke the jets team concept in the first half, that's what happened 

dink and dunk, spread it around short yardage offense, conservative play calls, and lean on the defense

bc defense elite and will always hold.

need to re-establish brand and get ball downfield on 3rd down 

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Umm he has hardly thrown the ball past 5 yds on the air. And the few times he has its been 50/50 of ot was even a good pass. The pass to wilson wasn't a good pass....wilson would've had to make a highlight reel pass to actually secure it. 

Pass to Wilson was on the money. WR needs to catch that.

Following pass to Moore was on the money, but Moore forgot to get his feet in.

Add a couple penalties against Davis (and a drop)... the playmakers are not making plays.

Pass catchers need to get their heads out of their butts and start playing.

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Most of us to do, especially if you are a Jets fan first and foremost.

It’s honestly odd behavior. You can sense the tone in some of the posts in this thread from people who are being extra critical of Mike White on some balls that are thrown slightly off target, yet made excuses for Zach on similarly thrown balls that were maybe too high or too low. And, vice versa, being extra critical of Zach and making excuses for Mike.

I guess it’s human nature or just preferences, favoritism, a preference for the personality of a certain guy? Just strange. I want to see whoever is under Center for the Jets succeed and win. 

I agree it’s both sides.  It’s just silly and childish 

• Upvote 1