<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There isn't really a QB in the league who's consistent, especially not this year.

You have to be willing to ride the highs and lows if you have a QB capable of giving you some highs.  Not look to yank him at the first sign of trouble.

If they bench White for Flacco over this or start talking about activating Wilson I'll lose my sh*t.  

You and me both. They made the move, ride with White.
I don’t even want to hear Zach’s name this year (unless we’re dogging him, of course.. )?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You actually have it totally backwards.  If it was wilson throwing that first int there would have not been a word about a drop or pi.

It’s somewhere in the middle. There are Wilson defenders and White defenders. They will all say things. All that matters is who you listen and respond to.

This board is funny - like it’s too challenging to actually believe in the team.  The first sign of adversity - Mike White Sux, Max Mitchell is Trash, Our Secondary is Trash!!!  Even on days where we may not be playing well as we could be, the Refs are deep stroking or rectum, MLF is calling 3rd Down plays that are 2 yards short of the marker WE STILL LOOK BETTER THAN WE DID MOST OF THE YEAR and playing a team that has been grinding out close victories all year.  My favorite Chicken Little was the on one KFC had years ago - the ones on this board suck.

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

IMHO white has looked crisp. Nice throws and composed. Just a case of the dropsies today and the defense can’t get off the field 

Mike White must not throw catchable balls I guess.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 3

This is basically the situation that tells you if MW can be a starter. Playing from behind against a good rush on the road. Running game is meh. 

can he beat the coverage on 3rd down with his arm or his legs ?

if he continues to check it down then the reality is that he is a good backup 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There isn't really a QB in the league who's consistent, especially not this year.

You have to be willing to ride the highs and lows if you have a QB capable of giving you some highs.  Not look to yank him at the first sign of trouble.

If they bench White for Flacco over this or start talking about activating Wilson I'll lose my sh*t.  

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Stev

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Bullsh*t .. if you can blame the Pats game in a hurricane basically on Zach you sure as hell can blame losing to the NFLs 31st ranked defense in a dome on Mike White.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

White is getting no help and the Vikes have been getting a lot fromnthe Refs

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I believe they only scored 2 Field goals with the short fields, the Vikings offense drove the field for the 2 TD’s. The Jets D has been outstanding this season, but 20 points given up in the 1st half is not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How many Back up Qb's has the D played against?

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He has 50 QB rating with a pick, not good enough

His throws have been off target more this game, but the O game plan is not well matched — to say the least — against the D plan of the Vikings.  Need halftime adjustments big time and the D has to find a way to get off the field on 3rd and long.

Just now, Jets723 said:

I just don’t understand why people make it about Zach vs White?  Shouldn’t we just support both guys no matter who is starting?

Most of us to do, especially if you are a Jets fan first and foremost.

It’s honestly odd behavior. You can sense the tone in some of the posts in this thread from people who are being extra critical of Mike White on some balls that are thrown slightly off target, yet made excuses for Zach on similarly thrown balls that were maybe too high or too low. And, vice versa, being extra critical of Zach and making excuses for Mike.

I guess it’s human nature or just preferences, favoritism, a preference for the personality of a certain guy? Just strange. I want to see whoever is under Center for the Jets succeed and win. 

• Upvote 3

The team is not clicking at the moment. Something is just off, but half-time adjustments could get this team back on track. 20-6 is far from an insurmountable deficit. One big play from each of the offense, defense and special teams is going to be needed for a win today. The 60 yarder might count as the big play for special teams. 

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

IMHO white has looked crisp. Nice throws and composed. Just a case of the dropsies today and the defense can’t get off the field 

and we're not getting any of the calls, even that last flag that was picked up on the tripping penalty on Garrett Wilson-nothing. When you have to beat the refs playing for the homers and a good team it's real hard to overcome

Just now, Sir Speez said:

This board is funny - like it’s too challenging to actually believe in the team.  The first sign of adversity - Mike White Sux, Max Mitchell is Trash, Our Secondary is Trash!!!  Even on days where we may not be playing well as we could be, the Refs are deep stroking or rectum, MLF is calling 3rd Down plays that are 2 yards short of the marker WE STILL LOOK BETTER THAN WE DID MOST OF THE YEAR and playing a team that has been grinding out close victories all year.  My favorite Chicken Little was the on one KFC had years ago - the ones on this board suck.

The Vikings have the worst passing defense in the NFL. Not an excuse to the crap we saw from the Jets O in the last few games pre Mike White but this is awful too.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Agreed.

I have to remind myself that most these takes come from people with an agenda or who genuinely don't understand what they're watching, and just reduce everything to "derp the quarterback should do this, not that derp".

There is the same 'agenda' when ZW is losing. I think some of it is agenda, some of it is unrealistic expectations about QBs and an over estimation about some of our WRs. There also seems to be a lack of understanding that it is not all on the QB.

While Mike has not looked good this game reminds me of the Pats games - I think our OC is getting completely outreached by the DC. Or, it is the problem that the game is being televised here. Maybe I should stop watching and see, but these games are like a train wreck - the are terrible, but I cannot look away.

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I believe they only scored 2 Field goals with the short fields, the Vikings offense drove the field for the 2 TD’s. The Jets D has been outstanding this season, but 20 points given up in the 1st half is not good enough.

They have allowed 2 TD drives in the half against a high scoring team. They are getting their licks in also.