Is Wilson Tradeable?

bd71

As bad as Darnold was, ZW is worse. In Fact Sam Darnold is laughing at the Jets. Just think about that. If we had just kept Darnold we would have won every single on of these games. At least he wasn't showing ground balls in the dirt. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Darnold was significantly better than Zach. So I’m gonna say a 4th or 5th is best case scenario and even that may be wishful thinking. 

This.  Darnold actually looked like He had potential which is what I hear from the Zach brigade here.  Zach has shown no potential and no results which equals probably a 6th round pick from a desperate team who is willing to part with the pick to take a chance.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Fourth rounder maybe? 

Was Rosen this bad? He was gone for a 2nd 

Rosen got traded after just one year, though. Longer you put the same kind of stuff on tape, less teams will think they can fix you.

Also the way the team responds to pretty much every other QB is just damning. It's not a situation where you really struggle to see how much is him versus the supporting cast. Everyone sees how much is him when another QB comes in.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sure he is trade-able, for a late round pick.  Front offices and GMS are notoriously stubborn though and admitting you totally blew it with #2 overall pick just two years ago is a tough thing to swallow.

This might end up being the first real friction between the gm and coach.

You’re probably right, but fully guaranteeing him $9MM is a tough call.

Since they’re going to have to go with a veteran QB next year - Mike White and/or someone else - I think for the Jets they’re more concerned with ridding themselves of all that more than worrying whether they get a 5th or a 7th or whatever; even if the pick is in 2024.

$9MM doesn’t cover all that, of course, but it makes a dent. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, derp said:

Rosen got traded after just one year, though. Longer you put the same kind of stuff on tape, less teams will think they can fix you.

Also the way the team responds to pretty much every other QB is just damning. It's not a situation where you really struggle to see how much is him versus the supporting cast. Everyone sees how much is him when another QB comes in.

The cardinals roster was also a hot mess when Rosen was there so he had an excuse for a year.  Zach is even worse than Rosen with a good roster

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Darnold was significantly better than Zach. So I’m gonna say a 4th or 5th is best case scenario and even that may be wishful thinking. 

Its safe to say the Jets can waive Wilson and put him on the practice squad and no one with any sense would pick him up.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

He shouldn't be tradable, but history has shown it only takes one GM who was infatuated with a QB going into the draft that he thinks they are the solution for to make an offer.  It won't be a good offer, but could still be something.

Maybe we can trade him for a chance at an UDFA next year. Nah no one would even make that trade. This scrub will be getting paid for 2 more years. Maybe they can make him a water boy to earn his salary.

the really depressing part of this is:

A. the jets loved Wilson so much, they passed on a package to move down to the SF pick for multiple 1 rounders

B. we could have had Darnold (we'd be at least as bad) and any of of these studs....literally any one we wanted after the 2nd pick.

image.thumb.png.ce8fec0380ab5c4f4784eeaa7afbd81a.png

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Vader said:

As bad as Darnold was, ZW is worse. In Fact Sam Darnold is laughing at the Jets. Just think about that. If we had just kept Darnold we would have won every single on of these games. At least he wasn't showing ground balls in the dirt. 

This 

And I HATED DARNOLD but man did it get worst ???

15 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

A. the jets loved Wilson so much, they passed on a package to move down to the SF pick for multiple 1 rounders

B. we could have had Darnold (we'd be at least as bad) and any of of these studs....literally any one we wanted after the 2nd pick.

This is the type of stuff that gets entire regimes wiped 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I feel like we would have been a playoff team with Darnold this year with Darnold throwing to Chase, Wilson & Moore. There's another side to this coin though. What did we use the picks we got for Darnold on? I don't recall and am too lazy to look it up atm. I preferred Lance to Wilson, but it's not like he's doing any better. 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I feel like we would have been a playoff team with Darnold this year with Darnold throwing to Chase, Wilson & Moore. There's another side to this coin though. What did we use the picks we got for Darnold on? I don't recall and am too lazy to look it up atm. I preferred Lance to Wilson, but it's not like he's doing any better. 

we drafted Hall, but i assume he would have been there with our own 2nd.

Yes. QB is such a high value position that teams are willing to keep shooting darts.

I think a team that had him rated highly in the draft would be willing to trade a 3rd for him. As bad as he looks, I believe there are GMs willing to be patient with him to fix the consistency because he flashes the upside.

Here’s my trade: 2024 1st, 2023 3rd and Zach Wilson for Derek Carr. Or get a 3rd from a team for Zach and include that pick.

Bring back White and Strev.

QB: Carr, White and Strev

Cut Davis and Lawson as well as restructure everyone you can to make room. Then use the draft to beef up the OL, WR and DL.

It will come up in the off season and another team could probably scoop him up on the cheap. I still see a lot of talent worth giving up a 2nd round pick if I'm another team who was high on him. After being pulled for Streveler yesterday not sure he has a future with us although I'd probably start him unless White is available. The QB room next season will change a lot. This does not reflect well on the Jets CS. You have a kid drafted so high and well thought of by the Jets and other teams just a year plus ago and he's regressed.