SALEH FIRED

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Douglas: Hey Aaron, thanks for dropping in. We're working on getting your boy Davante in here and I wanted to run a few things by you.

Aaron: That's great, let's make it happen JD. What's up?

Douglas: Well, it seems we have some accountability issues going on. What's your take on that?

Aaron: Bobby needs to go.

Douglas: Done.

But what about Hackett

• Post of the Week 1

So I'm guessing Ulbrich will be the interim HC.

Confirmed:

Jets fire Robert Saleh after 2-3 start; DC Jeff Ulbrich to become interim head coach (nfl.com)

The New York Jets have fired head coach Robert Saleh after a 2-3 start to the 2024 season, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported, per a source.

Jets defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich will become the team's interim coach, NFL Network's Peter Schrager reported, per a source.

The sudden change comes following a 23-17 defeat to the Minnesota Vikings in Week 5, which took place in London.

Amid his fourth season as Jets head coach, Saleh owned a 20-36 overall record with no playoff appearances.

Around the NFL will have more on Saleh's firing soon.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ulbrich is the smart choice for interim.  Hopefully we can get a spark from him.

I mean, he's absolutely going to turn around that offense.  I was hopeful until I heard that this meant they had some actual plan.

This didn't make us any better unless they brought in an offensive person to help.  So all it does is pacify the fan base and the 'fire all the bums' crowd without any f'n plan in place.

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

It's a business. You don't hold a St. Patrick's Day parade every time you do what your supposed to do anyway. Saleh had a total lack of focus about the task at hand, and that permeated the team. 

• Upvote 4

I'm admittedly a bit surprised, but for no reason other than due to the history of this team and their historic refusal to ever make such moves mid-season.  It was always a matter of when, not if.

Now that incompetent lard ass boss of his better be counting down the days next, considering he's been incompetent across the board for even longer, including this staff which was entirely his choosing, plus a roster largely overtaken by his own draft busts and failed cover-ups by other teams' discarded has-beens, largely hyped based on what a cool lineup this might have been if played with in Madden 2015.

Saleh will in no way be missed, but the best that comes of this is JD's last remaining scapegoat is gone, so absolutely no more excuses.  Hopefully this helps to stop the team from repeating the idiocy of the Maccagnan debacle that we've been seemingly watching a complete remake of.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I'm admittedly a bit surprised, but for no reason other than due to the history of this team and their historic refusal to ever make such moves mid-season.  It was always a matter of when, not if.

Now that incompetent lard ass boss of his better be counting down the days next, considering he's been incompetent across the board for even longer, including this staff which was entirely his choosing, plus a roster largely overtaken by his own draft busts and failed cover-ups by other teams' discarded has-beens, largely hyped based on what a cool lineup this might have been if played with in Madden 2015.

Saleh will in no way be missed, but the best that comes of this is JD's last remaining scapegoat is gone, so absolutely no more excuses.  Hopefully this helps to stop the team from repeating the idiocy of the Maccagnan debacle that we've been seemingly watching a complete remake of.

Staggering the firings isn’t a bad idea.

• Upvote 3

Just now, jetstream23 said:

The Jets are trying to save their season.

I like that they didn't wait until the traditional "we're out of the playoff race and we need a change."

This tells me that, for once, they see what's happening and are being PROACTIVE.

It also tells me.... this is JD's last stand.

The three most important people in the football organization are the GM, HC, QB.  The current GM hired the HC and drafted his franchise QB #2.  Both of those guys are now gone.

The Jets are 2-3, but Joe Douglas is at the plate and the count is 3-2.  This is his last pitch.

I'm getting that feeling as well. JD feels he assembled a solid roster and from his view they are not playing to their ability.

• Upvote 3