Sheldon needs to STFU volume XII

Jet_Engine1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean this quote?

"I mean, I don't tank nothing," Sheldon Richardson told NJ.com. "So that's all opinions outside of this organization. We don't come here -- and we're not going to go through training camp, and have 14-hour days -- to go tank a season. I'll be damned."

Meh. I see nothing wrong with Sheldon saying this at all (if this is the supposedly-offending thing he said). If Leonard Williams had said the same thing we'd all be gushing over how awesome he is and how this is another example of his great leadership.

Huh?  That was the most intelligent thing I ever heard him say.  This is a thread?

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its my opinion expressed on an internet message board that a poorly spoken, proven idiot with two strikes against him and has been on the trading block for a calendar year should keep a low profile. You disagree. 

Let freedom ring.

Everyone disagrees.  Just so you know. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean this quote?

"I mean, I don't tank nothing," Sheldon Richardson told NJ.com. "So that's all opinions outside of this organization. We don't come here -- and we're not going to go through training camp, and have 14-hour days -- to go tank a season. I'll be damned."

Meh. I see nothing wrong with Sheldon saying this at all (if this is the supposedly-offending thing he said). If Leonard Williams had said the same thing we'd all be gushing over how awesome he is and how this is another example of his great leadership.

There's nothing wrong with what he said. The problem is it came from Mr. "F*ck this game, where da hoez at." So it doesn't seem genuine, especially when he did his whole "f*ck this game" gameday before kickoff.

But he won't tank this year. Its a contract year. He needs all the stats he can get. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean this quote?

This.

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just shut up, bro. You're a stupid a-hole living on overrated press and rep from 3 years ago and one more misstep from a year long suspension. 

Stop talking.

For a comment that has absolutely no effect on the team.  But we don't like SR anymore so posts and threads like this.  When Cromartie called Brady an, a$$hole fans loved it.  

shelly may say some stupid things but give him credit for saying something that should be said.  the jets shouldn't be thinking they are tanking and they shouldn't be saying it.  just another example of the jets beat writers trying to stir things up.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

shelly may say some stupid things but give him credit for saying something that should be said.  the jets shouldn't be thinking they are tanking and they shouldn't be saying it.  just another example of the jets beat writers trying to stir things up.

Agreed that it IS the right statement for a player to say...the problem is simply HE doesn't have the credibility to say it.  This guy was one of the primary reasons for the quitting last season.  He does not care about winning.  He cares only about himself.  He readily admits that he is only about padding his stats this year for his next contract. This POS should never be made available to the press this season. He is a total cancer to this organization and needs to be discarded asap. There is a reason the beaters flock to him. I get that Macc thinks he can get something for him, but I have zero faith that he will.  He couldn't get a late or hell even a conditional pick for Decker.

Somebody is going to pony up a 3rd rounder or whatever for a 4x drug test loser (despite knowing exactly when he'd be tested at least 3 of those times) who btw is also a selfish, volatile, criminally stupid quitter?  Hard to see it happening. Obviously I'd be thrilled to get anything, but wtf?  Basic logic would suggest the best way to rebuild a sh*tty, selfish, loser culture is to cut the cancers out of the organization BEFORE you start any rebuild.

9 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

Agreed that it IS the right statement for a player to say...the problem is simply HE doesn't have the credibility to say it.  This guy was one of the primary reasons for the quitting last season.  He does not care about winning.  He cares only about himself.  He readily admits that he is only about padding his stats this year for his next contract. This POS should never be made available to the press this season. He is a total cancer to this organization and needs to be discarded asap. There is a reason the beaters flock to him. I get that Macc thinks he can get something for him, but I have zero faith that he will.  He couldn't get a late or hell even a conditional pick for Decker.

Somebody is going to pony up a 3rd rounder or whatever for a 4x drug test loser (despite knowing exactly when he'd be tested at least 3 of those times) who btw is also a selfish, volatile, criminally stupid quitter?  Hard to see it happening. Obviously I'd be thrilled to get anything, but wtf?  Basic logic would suggest the best way to rebuild a sh*tty, selfish, loser culture is to cut the cancers out of the organization BEFORE you start any rebuild.

i've said in the past that shelly should go because imo he was one of the instigators of last season's issues.  but apparently bowles and mac don't feel the same way since they let marshall, mangold, and even fitz all walk.  it's just hard to tell what side of the fence these guys are on.

we'll see soon enough. shelly does have some great talent when he wants to play and this is a contract year.  if he's not motivated this season, he'll never be.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

shelly does have some great talent when he wants to play and this is a contract year.  if he's not motivated this season, he'll never be.

Agreed, but to me that is the mark of a loser.  Winners don't play hard when they want to. They don't need motivation.

Any GM even considering trading for and paying this guy a second contract, better really be sure he's not gonna go out and be the next Albert Haynesworth.

Approaching 40 years of age, Tom Brady is still dominant as he leads a Patriots team that appears far superior to the Jets.

Still, Sheldon Richardson eyes taking him down. The Jets defensive end has made it know he is coming after the future Hall of Famer.

“I’ve told him before I’ve left the field, ‘Bro, don’t retire till I beat you,'” Richardson told NJ.com’s Darryl Slater. “He laughed it off and kept going. It’s a pleasure to play against him. But he knows what I’m chasing, and he knows I’m trying to knock the king off his throne.”

Richardson’s comments come with the Jets in the middle of a massive rebuild.

Meanwhile, Brady and New England have won the AFC East the last eight seasons. New York hasn’t won the division since 2002. Odds are, that won’t change in 2017.

The Jets are 2-6 against the Patriots since Richardson entered the league four years ago, so, technically speaking, he has beaten Brady.

That said, Richardson and the Jets have come nowhere near dethroning the quarterback and New England.

11SHARES
 TWEET

23 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"I don't tank nothin'."

LOL last year it was, "Who cares, where them bitches at?!"

The media keeps going to him because every time he speaks its a chance to embarrass the Jets. Hes a moron.

Actually he said that before a game in the locker room when the team was already like.. 2-8. Not before the season had even started...big difference, buddy,

On 6/21/2017 at 0:31 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean this quote?

It's a contract year. May be in the back of his mind he knows this team is gonna be bad. But he also has a very serious financial incentive to play hard and well every time he is on the field. We'll see. Not sure who will write him those kinds of checks, but I could be wrong. And he's a complete dumbass. If you want to diagram this guy's sentences, that's on you at this point. 

Archived