NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,362 topics in this forum

• 134 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 46 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 11 replies
  1. Jets v. Browns 1986

• 30 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. 0 Jets headed to the Pro Bowl 1 2

• 54 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. Amusing Hermie article

• 3 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 8 replies
  4. News is Confusing

• 5 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
  5. latest mock draft by mchay 1 2

• 42 replies
    • I love me some Sauce, BUT...  If the Jets continue to run a 4-2-5, you don't need the most talented CB's.  You'd need the elite CB if you overload blitz with pressing CB's like Rex did. Saleh's defense needs top tier defensive lineman, very fast LB's and wily DB's.  I would not hamstring the budget on any CB unless Rex comes back. Spend the big bucks on QB, OL and keep scouting WR's to get the best deals in the draft
    • Apparently his value is $7.9 million of guaranteed money over 2 years.     Broncos sign DE John Franklin-Myers to a two-year, $15 million contract. Just days after acquiring Franklin-Myers from the Jets, the Broncos have given him a new deal to keep him with the team through 2025. The veteran defense end, who totaled 33 tackles and 3.5 sacks last season, will reportedly receive $7.9 million in guaranteed money. Franklin-Myers is a valued pass rusher and run stuffer along the interior. He’s totaled 14.5 sacks over the last three seasons and 154 pressures per PFF. He should provide plenty of punch to Denver’s interior.
    • Agreed that it's not going to impact teams going after him hard.  They understand money is obviously going to be a MAJOR factor.  But on a related note, it's at least a positive barometer about how he currently feels about the organization.  Free agency is pretty far away to start public negotiations now.   On the PR side, not sure I'd expect to hear the same from Garrett Wilson, who understandably might be in a different mindset after the fiasco at QB over the last couple of years.  "Last year was the worst year of my life."  LOL.  Also on either the PR or the preliminary negotiating side, I don't recall reading this from Bryce Huff a year ago or in the middle of the season.. At the end of the day, if the seemingly genuine sentiment holds, it might just mean that other teams will need to offer more to pry him loose ... something that isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Jets .... or Sauce.    
  • Available Subscriptions