JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

How many concussions has Rosen had?  Jets had to pull this off if they really are "in love" with one of these guys...we gave up a ton, but if they've done their homework (trading up this early says they've really made up their mind), you do this.  I'll be damned if we had stayed put at 6 and we were left holding the bag.  Besides the teams that were ahead of us, you never know who was prepared to trade up.  I think it's a great move.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

WE ******* DID IT BOYS IM SO HAPPY I WOKE UP TO THIS!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

It'd make me feel better if Jets didn't even attend Allen's Pro Day. 

Me too

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

That's the key, it was done after Mayfield & Rosen pro days.  Excellent trade because we just vacate the

second round but have the rest of our picks

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again, it depends on who goes top two...but the move is ideally for Rosen.

I would have to think Mac called giants and they had to assure him they are taking Barkley. That could be the only reason to go to 3 this early. 

Get me, is, JETS fans everywhere  Rosen Mac. !!!!!! Or darnold if Cleveland takes Rosen.  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You can definitely see that when he’s interviewed. He’s just one of those dudes with no poker face that comes off as condescending even when he’s not trying to be. I have the same problem, so I feel a real sense of kismet with him. I want to touch Josh Rosen. Maybe possess a lock of his hair.

Sounds on the spectrum. If he rubs people wrong initially but teammates vouch for him that is a good sign, means you just have to understand the above about him. 

Just now, nycdan said:

I will continue with every win we had over the 2nd one last year cost us a 2nd round pick.   Literally.  Each win moved us down a slot from 3 to 6.  So looking back, were they all worth it? No.  The tankers were absolutely correct.

Every win was Christian Hackenberg, Geno Smith or Devin Smith. Sounds like a great deal for the Jets. 

they should trade away 2nds every year 

Rosen is a smoke screen you guys no one is taking him this high, even if he deserves it 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They definitely should do this. Interesting timing in that 1. Macc saw Baker and Rosen work out, but not Allen yet and 2. What the hell are the Colts thinking accepting pennies on the dollar a month out?

Something tells me this was a good ol boy network deal. Who knows what the NFL will do for the Colts going forward? Jets being relative is great for the League, we were all the rage in 2010 with fans jumping on the underdog bandwagon. Jets with a fresh faced star QB with Brady & the Pats greying is even better, as everyone & his brother are tired of the Pats. 

I cant even imagine what it will be like for a Colts fan of Luck is damaged goods & the QB the Jets get at 3 turns into a 15 year NFL star at QB. Payback for Parcells basically leaving Manning at their damn door step!

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zero chance Rosen is there after yesterday’s workout. Guy was a Golden God, apparently. It’ll either be Darnold or Allen.

Mayfield had a great workout too. Basically this is Mac saying we’ll take the best of Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen that drops to 3. I wouldn’t complain about any of the 3 of them.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I understand that. But remember what happened with Hackenberg. Macc attended Hackenberg's pro day before picking him. So why would he break that concept this time?

Well, panic that the Bills were going to leap frog him for one. Bills apparently enamored with Allen

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Agree..It's Rosen w/Mayfield as fallback option..That's assuming Darnold goes #1 (most likely)

Let's not forget the value of the #6 overall pick.......If I'm the Colts I don't want to drop to 10-12 range and lose out on Chubb, Nelson or Barkley

I’d just imagine that #3 was the catbird seat, especially with the Giants only 50/50 to take a QB. They could have absolutely gouged someone for future picks if Rosen dropped.

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm more worried about the concussion / brain surgeon father thing. We can't be drafting players who think about life after their career

Rosen doesn't buy into the hero logic...plus our weak OL means we draft Baker?

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Really, really good move. I'm shocked the Colts didn't wait for draft day to let a bidding war heat up. 

If either NYJ or BUF moved up to 2 (or even 1) the bidding war would have cooled down immensely.  I think they made the right move cashing in while they could and frankly, they got a great deal as well.  Those 2 2nd rounder this year could become very good players (starting RB for example).

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Mayfield had a great workout too. Basically this is Mac saying we’ll take the best of Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen that drops to 3. I would complain about any of the 3 of them.

Darnold mechanics suck and he plays like a cowboy. Maybe he lands with a coaching staff that can coral him and turn him into Favre but that isn't here.

Mayfield I don't think is worth trading up for. There's some things to like for sure but a lot not too as well.

Rosen or bust

What’s great is we still have so much FA cap space, we can effectively use that to supplement the loss of draft capital. Effectively render the loss of the 2nd rounders a wash. Especially since Mac barely hits on any draft pick outside the top ten.

Just now, CTM said:

Sounds on the spectrum. If he rubs people wrong initially but teammates vouch for him that is a good sign, means you just have to understand the above about him. 

he's on the a$$hole spectrum but not as bad as Jay Cutler

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's exciting they did this and troubling no one could figure out who it's for 

I still don't think Rosen is on their board, or that high on anyone's board for that matter. He's the worst athlete of the 4 with the loudest mouth. 

Allen at 3 (uber Hack) to sit behind McCown and Bridge for 4 years would be Mac's job security dream 

A part of me feels like Saquon Barkley would be BAP and Mac loves BAP. Would he move up for the RB? 

Evil thought...pure evil.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Mayfield had a great workout too. Basically this is Mac saying we’ll take the best of Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen that drops to 3. I would complain about any of the 3 of them.

The Pro day timing is interesting, but we should also remember that Allen lit it up at the Combine, and that was when he was going toe to toe with Rosen. Macc gets his crushes early and doesn’t let go, as we saw with Hack.

14 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

This dude is making me nervous...saying they've been keying in on Allen for months.

If Darnold and Rosen go 1 & 2, this could be something to monitor, but from what I understand, we do like Mayfield. 

Zero chance Rosen is there after yesterday’s workout. Guy was a Golden God, apparently. It’ll either be Darnold or Allen.

Giants can’t pass on Barkley - they are in such dire need for a RB, it ain’t even funny. Rosen already made it public a while ago he didn’t wanna play for the browns. Lol. Gunna have another Eli Manning thing on draft day

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d just imagine that #3 was the catbird seat, especially with the Giants only 50/50 to take a QB. They could have absolutely gouged someone for future picks if Rosen dropped.

Living in a Jets/Colts household in the middle of NE, I’m glad both our teams could help each other in taking the AFC away from the cheating scumbags up here.

Archived