Petty Cut

usanyj

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thshadow said:

At least the Hack Attack is alive and kickin'!

The far more interesting question is when he gets cut.  Or if he does.

I could see Macc keeping 4 QB's right up thru camp. 

If Teddy isn't healthy or looking good, Hack could stick on (as a Macc pick) longer than that.

Just now, Barkus said:

good, the games were unwatchable when he played in the regular season. Now the question is will the team go into the season with 4qbs? or will hack or teddy be cut??

No way they go 4 QBs. One of them will get cut. Honestly, Teddy could be it if he doesn't show he's healthy. 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

No way they go 4 QBs. One of them will get cut. Honestly, Teddy could be it if he doesn't show he's healthy. 

He could be, but I would hope they cut Hack... let Teddy show if he still has something left and hope you can get some decent trade for him if not this year maybe next. 

Bummer. One of the nicest and coolest guys I’ve met. I had a friend in the Jets organization and he said Petty was extremely well liked by the staff and other players. 

He was a bad fit for the offense we ran last year but he’ll probably catch on as a back up somewhere.

Petty had his chances. He sat all season last year knowing that he would get a chance to prove himself sooner or later. Well that chance came and he stunk up the joint. He had he chances. He had reps. He sukked. I had high hopes for this guy but he failed miserably. See Ya!

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Bummer. One of the nicest and coolest guys I’ve met. I had a friend in the Jets organization and he said Petty was extremely well liked by the staff and other players. 

He was a bad fit for the offense we ran last year but he’ll probably catch on as a back up somewhere.

I never met Petty but I was one of his biggest boosters.  I wanted him to succeed. 

I truly wonder how he would have fared if he went to an offensive team that was willing to change the offense to fit Petty’s abilities?

Anyway I personally wish him nothing but the best. 

This was inevitable. Pity none of those many teams calling the draft about trading for him came through...

Good luck to him. He seems like a good guy but he was always a project and an odd fit for our scheme.

He probably signs somewhere like New Orleans and then looks great in pre-season.

22 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

This.

3rd spot is a battle between Hack & Bridgewater. Barring injury, I expect that decision to come at the end of training camp.

Edit - even though it's a battle or the 3rd spot, I don't mean 3rd string. If Teddy shines this summer, I think he could actually start for us. Not the same for Hack

Archived