Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

It's brilliant marketing - leak a concept photo that a lot of people don't really like, reduce their existing merchandise by 30%, and then release the real uni's tomorrow night. People that hate the leaked image will frantically buy up the old stuff as they wipe the perspiration off of their foreheads. The Johnsons then grin ear to ear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You make no sense.

You can put any word on any logo and they will look the same...

What new uniforms do you like? 

I'll explain for them: If you can replace another name in your logo it is a design fail. Their needs to be some concept that links the imagery to the place/team or it isn't done that well. I'm not referring to what is on a helmet, I'm referring to a team logo. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'll explain for them: If you can replace another name in your logo it is a design fail. Their needs to be some concept that links the imagery to the place/team or it isn't done that well. I'm not referring to what is on a helmet, I'm referring to a team logo. 

Agreed.  The bengals basically already had this helmet design in the 70s with bengals across the helmet.  All we did was add a football.  Its just terrible design.  A team with the name jets has so much potential when it comes to logo design and this team just spells out the word.  Terrible.

8FCFD57E-77E3-49F8-82AE-D4D30A27364F.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

This pretty much nails it. 

15 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

What they did with the helmets is really boring. I was hoping for something like thisImage result for jets helmet history

But it seems we went with something like thisimage.jpeg.b69573bc25495ece3454a8f92471c518.jpeg

So almost the exact same goddamn thing? 

Who the eff really thought they were bringing back the 80s-90s text logo? That design was tired in 1991.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Here's the thing, you have much more control over the number of people exposed, early on in the process.

Now, as they're setting up whatever venue the event is going to be at, you have additional people exposed to the marketing materials, etc. etc.  Likewise, the marketing materials are sent out for reproduction which causes additional exposure etc. etc.  

It gets to the point where the janitor or some security guard from where ever this event is going to be can walk into the room the night before and see all this stuff and create the leak.

Thanks for hossiersplaning this for me.

30 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

These jerseys are like Jets Rewards cards.  A bust that the Jets will try to convince the fans are great.  

I surely enjoyed the money the Jets put on my swipecards,  Bought my rookie Darnold jersey with the leftover money because we buy very few concessions in the stadium.  But that has nothing to do with the rewards program.  That program flat out sucks.  As in, sucks ass bad.  They need to scrap it and just give all season ticket holders discounts at the Jets shop.  To hell with the crappy trinkets,  Don't want them.  

• Upvote 1

30% off sale going on Jets Shop 

Shouldn’t it be more than 30% ? That’s pretty weak. If it was 50% I might actually buy one of those immediately outdated jerseys.

For what it’s worth I just showed my 11 year old son the pic of the new unis and he thinks they are “awesome!”
Loves the brighter green. Loves the addition of the black and the most interesting observation was that. He pridefully said. “We can actually see the word JETS on the helmet. The old logo looked like a bunch of different stuff mushed together.” Haha!!

Not a bad interpretation from the vantage point of youth. Maybe they know pleasing all of us gray bearded old timers is almost impossible anyway. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Agreed.  The bengals basically already had this helmet design in the 70s with bengals across the helmet.  All we did was add a football.  Its just terrible design.  A team with the name jets has so much potential when it comes to logo design and this team just spells out the word.  Terrible.

There's also this:

ff_2546407_full.jpg&w=340

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I surely enjoyed the money the Jets put on my swipecards,  Bought my rookie Darnold jersey with the leftover money because we buy very few concessions in the stadium.  But that has nothing to do with the rewards program.  That program flat out sucks.  As in, sucks ass bad.  They need to scrap it and just give all season ticket holders discounts at the Jets shop.  To hell with the crappy trinkets,  Don't want them.  

I thought the best part of the rewards program was on-field access, but after awhile even that gets tired.  

51 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Is it possible that the logo is not on the helmet? Or maybe there is a secondary logo that is more dynamic that will be on merchandise, like the Rams, etc.