Is Darnold the Starter In 2019?

Jets86

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think it's safe to say he will be the starter in 2019, yes, barring unforeseen injury.

Same for 2020.  And probably 2021.

The Franchise made a very expensive, long-term investment.  Outside complete bust, it's a sure thing he's our starter for the next few years.

As he should be.  This is a #3 overall pick, top-QB_prospect-in-class, playing well so far (up and down as rookies do), with little talent around him.  

This isn't Geno Smith or Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg.

What drives the thought that the organization will want to "bring in competition" to try an unseat their high-value #3 pick 22-year old QB?

You're not actually buying into that company line bullsh*t, are you?

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

It's a silly thread.  Why not some even sillier speculation?  What if Jesus decided to declare his intention to QB for us?

I would much prefer Jobu.  If "haysoos" can't hit a curveball... he cant throw a football either.  

Gotta grab some cigars and rum though...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6UBlca3T6EXRIaOTm9Qe

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jets86 said:

I worry the franchise could lose it's mind and try and make him compete for the starting gig. I never know what they'll do.

This franchise gave up 3 2nd rd picks to get in position to get him. As long as he's healthy there is a -189% that he wont be the starter for this team....esp after starting from day 1. Get some rest bud.

3 hours ago, Jets86 said:

I worry the franchise could lose it's mind and try and make him compete for the starting gig. I never know what they'll do.

If he can win the job as the youngest QB ever, he can win the job with an extra year of exp and the large amount of growing he's done thus far.

This is a terrible thread.

3 hours ago, Jets86 said:

Darnold will be 22 to start the season. He absolutely deserves to be the srarter. No questions asked. That said, I never know what this franchise will do. Is Darnold assured of the starting job for 2019? What if Bowles and/or Mac want to bring in "competition"?

Starting a thread just to start a thread is never a good idea Rook.

• Upvote 2

On 5/4/2018 at 9:18 AM, T0mShane said:

@peebag and @Jethead you homies wanna throw buttfumble icons around and not be aware of the severity of using the buttfumble icon you can come meet me at the 7-11 on the Smithtown Bypass in Ronkonkoma after work and we can hash this out like real men bros. 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:53 AM, T0mShane said:

Can we get an update where every time a poster gives me a buttfumble icon, I instantly get an email containing their home address?

Let us never forget the severity of the buttfumble.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jets86 said:

Darnold will be 22 to start the season. He absolutely deserves to be the srarter. No questions asked. That said, I never know what this franchise will do. Is Darnold assured of the starting job for 2019? What if Bowles and/or Mac want to bring in "competition"?

Buttfumbled your post for even asking such a nonsense question. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jets86 said:

Between your username, join date, rep, and profile pic, you're obviously obviously another one of (or maybe the same) troll and/banned poster thats popped up on this board since we drafted Sam. Assclowns like you make it hard for the legitimate new posters on this board, like me, to make lifelong friends here at JN. Shame on you! 

#Ignorethetrolls2018