*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

I think it is safe to assume that the giants and raiders were never trade partners for us. We might really have had little to no interest in our pick

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I never thought the Giants would make a trade with us and I didn't want the Raiders to deal with us unless we were getting one of their late 1st's and that wasn't happening. I wanted the Skins and Snyder to lose their minds and offer us a kings ransom but it didn't happen. Could be worse I guess but it is what it is.

It was a bad trade down year for us, especially with both Bosa and Murray off the board. Who was going to give us a haul for a QB? Nobody was giving up a haul for Q. Williams, Allen, Jones, Oliver, etc. 

I'll "settle" for Quinnen Williams. As I've said before, the quality of the pick is more important than drafting a position of need. If this kid turns out to be special, nobody is going to care that we didn't draft an EDGE.

• Upvote 2

Since the fu mack threat was locked I'll say it here. I think that anyone who starts a thread that is locked by a mod should be banned permanently. Some guys take it way too far. Were all jets fans and people will argue this pick until the cows come home, but come on. Stop with the whining already!

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Since the fu mack threat was locked I'll say it here. I think that anyone who starts a thread that is locked by a mod should be banned permanently. Some guys take it way too far. Were all jets fans and people will argue this pick until the cows come home, but come on. Stop with the whining already!

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

Be positive only or face permaban?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Mara should find a way to get Gettleman out of the building tonight. Louis Riddick interviewed for that job and he’s on site. They could make the transition pretty quick and clean right now. 

No no Let Gettleman stay for as long as possible. Let Him dig that hole so deep they NEVER get out of it.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its not Quinnen that we're annoyed with, its the recent history of this franchises drafts. 

Are you aware of the last decade + of Jets drafts? 

2019: DT Q. Williams

2018: Sam, obviously, and then DTs nate Sheppard and Folatsu Fatusak-something in that draft

2017: Safety J Adams, Safety Maye in the 2nd

2016: LB D Lee

2015: DT Leonard Williams at 6

2014: S Calvin Pryor

2013: CB Dee Milliner, DT Sheldon Richardson

2012: DL Quentin Coples

2011: DL Mo Wilkerson

2010: CB Kyle Wilson

2009: Sanchez

2008: DL Vernon Gholston

2007: Revis

Have to Go All the way back to 2006 for first round O line.

Notice also, over 13 years not one WR, no Edge Rushers in the 1st. 

Its a ton of D Line and Safeties, with an ILB thrown in the mix. Not how you build a good NFL roster in today's game 

Its like the record is skipping or something.

True but more specifically, the Q pick happened b/c Leo is a jag.  And lee is probably off the team this year or next.  Q was the correct pick, i actually think he’s going to be very good or even great.  

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mara should find a way to get Gettleman out of the building tonight. Louis Riddick interviewed for that job and he’s on site. They could make the transition pretty quick and clean right now. 

What if Gettleman and MacCagnan are the same person.  I have never seen them in the same room together, and it would explain A LOT OF THINGS!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

This is a great pick dont understand why Jets fans are hating it. The draft is such a crapshoot. Macc did well here.

It's pretty difficult to screw up the #3 overall pick (on paper) if you take the consensus best available player. No arguing that Williams is a good prospect. Jets did not reach. But  more defense? Especially DT? Absurd when you factor in we took 2 DTs last draft  . How many times are you in a position to trade down from a top pick know when you already have a QB? They should’ve struck while the iron was hot and took the best trade offer. From everything I read the heart of this draft is the middle of the first round to the end of the second. Q Williams was considered a top one, two, three pick. But they could’ve really capitalized.

• Upvote 1