How likely is a Buffalo Bill upset over the Patriots

CSNY

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

This could be a case of very wishful thinking but I believe the Bills have an excellent chance of beating the Patriots. Their defense is top notch and they do enough on offense to keep it interesting. Your thoughts 

Very wishful thinking. NOT happening.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, CSNY said:

This could be a case of very wishful thinking but I believe the Bills have an excellent chance of beating the Patriots. Their defense is top notch and they do enough on offense to keep it interesting. Your thoughts 

Not very likely.  Bills D is good, Pats O is better.  Pats D is good, Bills O is not that good.

Will be closer than other Pats games perhaps, but not that close.

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

Bills are catching the Pats at a good time.  New England is banged up and if Edelman doesn't play they have nobody to throw to other than Gordon.  I can see Buffalo stealing an upset.

Yup.  NE is banged up.  Buffalo will still lose but it should be a good game.  Buffalo is not ready yet but they are getting better each week.

• Upvote 1

You'll know in the first 10 minutes if the Bill's have a chance and it is entirely dependant on the ability to run the ball vs. the Pats. I have my doubts though becasue I expect BB to put 8 or more in the box. The Bills will have to prove they can run from a spread offense.

Josh Allen is still limited. He still can't really take snaps from under center and still has to see a guy open before he throws the ball (no timing routes or throwing players open), but the Bills have doen a great job building the O around what Allen does well. However, BB will take those types of routes away by playing lots of zone coverage.

• Upvote 1

ZERO likelihood. Bills are massive overachievers and have beat NOBODY so far.

The Giants (1-2) *should be 0-3 but the Bucs kicker missed a 34yrd game winning FG like a BUM!

Cinci (0-3)

Jets (0-3)   

If not for the Dolphins, you could argue they beat the 3 worst teams in the NFL so far. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

They weren't very impressive yesterday against the Bengals. I think their defense is good enough to limit the Pats a little bit but in three games their offense hasn't done much against defenses that even have a pulse (and it's not like the Jets and Bengals are great defenses.) I have a hard time seeing Josh Allen scoring enough to win.

36 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The Bills just barely survived the Bengals yesterday and we’re talking about them upsetting the Patriots?

New England wins by at least two scores.

They beat us by 30 and 2 fluke defensive plays. They will beat the bills by 21 at least. 

42 minutes ago, PepPep said:

ZERO likelihood. Bills are massive overachievers and have beat NOBODY so far.

The Giants (1-2) *should be 0-3 but the Bucs kicker missed a 34yrd game winning FG like a BUM!

Cinci (0-3)

Jets (0-3)   

If not for the Dolphins, you could argue they beat the 3 worst teams in the NFL so far. 

I don't think the Bills have a chance, but the 3 teams that NE has beat...are 0-9 so I'm not sure it's the best metric to make the point

42 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

Unlikely and this is coming from a Bills fan. They’ve had our number for the better part of 20 years. 

This, Bill owns that franchise. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be sad if the Bills took the division away from them, or at least the perfect season. We're certainly not doing it anytime soon.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I could totally see it.  They have a QB who can extend plays with his feet and keep drives going and a D that can give Brady some trouble.  Wouldnt be surprised one bit if the Bills won this game.

good points.  allen is a big guy and will force the patsies to keep him contained and the pocket intact.  if he sees some space, he'll take off.  as for the patsie offense, the jets did a decent job although it after the first quarter.  edelman is hurting if not out of the game and good defense can negate gordon.

• Upvote 1

The Pats seem to have the best defense they have had in a while.  I say "seem" because they played the Jets and Dolphins.

The New England weakness is they can't run the ball at all.  

Buffalo was losing 16-0, should have been 20-0, to the same Jets team many of you want to label as the worst in the league.

Buffalo will hang around... but New England will win one way or another.

15 hours ago, jetsyrup said:

I don't think the Bills have a chance, but the 3 teams that NE has beat...are 0-9 so I'm not sure it's the best metric to make the point

Sure it is. Because NE are defending SB champs and have been BLOWING TEAMS OUT. Bills squeaked by the Jets with a 1 point win and beat Cinci by 4 points. Ok. So they beat the Giants by 2 TDs. 

19 hours ago, CSNY said:

Encapsulates Jets fandom: rooting for other teams to beat the Patriots by week 4.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1