Darnold OUT vs Eagles

kdels62

I read measuring the spleen is not recommended in determining readiness of play since all spleens are different sizes. Unless they had measured his spleen before contracting Mono the tests are meaningless since there is no baseline to compare it too. What could have changed from 4 days ago to now? Maybe his spleen already shrunk to "his" normal size but the doctors have no clue what that size is. If that's the case his spleen will never shrink and we will be waiting all year for him to be cleared.

• Upvote 1

I want Darnold to start as soon as he's able, but can't be mad if the docs say otherwise.  If this drags on beyond next week's game than I'll start to get concerned and aggravated unless Gase can actually draw up at least a quasi  productive offense with the players he's got to work with.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Of course he is out.  All the bullshhht about the chance of his return this week was just that and we all should have known it.  I guess most people don't understand the time needed for a Mono recovery is a lot more than the Jets claim, even though it does vary by individual.  Maybe they force him out there vs Cowboys... probably... but in a normal world scenario, no way does Darnold touch the field until the end of October.  But the Jets will likely (and stupidly) put him in there before then.

He will be back next week.  So this will be wrong!

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What?

As I made clear above, I have no issue with what Gase did. I think he handled it correctly. 

The team has no chance with Falk regardless of how many reps he gets, so getting Darnold as ready as possible in case he was cleared was the only thing that made sense to me. 

Sorry, I edited the post, didn’t mean to make it sound like you were blaming Gase, that was Joe Namath.  

I agree, what was Gase to do, he had to get Darnold ready if there was any chance of him playing 

33 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

As expected. Could literally die if gets hit wrong. Surprised the Jets led everyone on to believe he was playing though

What part of ‘if his tests came back ok’ he was going to play’ is so hard to comprehend? Obviously they didn’t but there was a chance and hope at 4+ weeks in that they would.

Just now, JetsRay said:

He will be back next week.  So this will be wrong!

Reading comp issues?  that's what I predicted, that the Jets would put him out there vs Dallas no matter what for that game.  He'll be back next week whether it is in his best health interest or not.  Bank on it.  

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

The sad TRUTH is his fault or not, a 22 year old young man coming down with mono made this a lost season. Forget for a minute how he got it. Think of how absurd it is that we root for the team whose QB got it.

Why in the hell did we have to choose to root for this team?

What the hell kind of satisfaction do we ever get from it? Yet every year, every week, we convince ourselves things are going to change. We watch other teams play, and its like they're playing a different sport. We watch other teams plug in a young backup and win.

We give up a 1st and 3 2nds to move up 3 spots for the guy who now has mono. You can't make this s**t up.

We'll be halfway through his second season and have no idea what we've got here with him. Not to mention no idea about our new HC and GM, although you'd have to guess that with this teams history, not much.

OK I vented. Thanks, I feel better.

Drama queens this fan base!

He's out, it sucks, but he was close to playing.  It's the smart move.  One more week won't kill us.  Losing on Sunday will.

Hope for the best, move on.  

Suggesting season is over is beyond moronic!  It's a long season, this team will make a run.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Reading comp issues?  that's what I predicted, that the Jets would put him out there vs Dallas no matter what for that game.  He'll be back next week whether it is in his best health interest or not.  Bank on it.  

Again, moronic.

Why would they put him on the field next week if it's not best for his health when they didn't do it this week?  Do you even read what you write?

He was close to playing, he's feeling healthy, and Gase himself said Dr's said it was close.

He will be cleared next week, and we can chat about this again.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1