As an absolute surprise to no one, Gase has lost the locker room

Ohhthepain

2 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2867706-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-nfl-insiders-preview-2020-coaching-carousel.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

The remaining 23 teams are not expected to make a coaching change this offseason. 

There are, of course, surprises every hiring and firing season that can't be factored in as of now. 

"The Browns can announce that Kitchens is the guy, but I don't know anyone who believes his job is safe," said one former NFL general manager who hopes to break back in. "That situation is a mess, and while ownership might not want to pay another fired head coach, something has to give."

The same goes for the New York Jets. One player told me Adam Gase has lost the respect of the locker room with his "tough guy bulls--t attitude" and the team's lack of a plan offensively. "Guys actually respect Gregg Williams," the player said. "No one respects Gase."

Owner Christopher Johnson fired Todd Bowles and the front office last offseason, though, and might not be willing to pay another coach to leave.

Player Is most likely Quincy who is already cried about his fines... I used to like Q...  Now he sounds like a whiney bitch

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I realize the Johnsons are corporate guys so they will naturally gravitate towards more politically polished guys like Idzik and MacLoser and to some extent Bowles, but it is still baffling how they make decisions. Gase is a guy who never should have even been under consideration for the head coaching position because of the job he did in Miami and especially the way that situation ended. I think many fans here would agree that he wasnt even really interview worthy.

Not firing Bowles and MacCraphead at the same time was also completely idiotic.

I did not like the Gase hire. Then he said some things that made me think he would be really good for Darnold. They Darnold struggled trying to be Manning, but gave him the benefit of the doubt again after the offense changed after Darnold's "talk" But clearly Gase is stubborn because the last 2 games he is back to trying to make Darnold Manning.

Fire Gase, Loggains and make Williams HC. He did not do well his first time, but did well as interim last year, his defensive coaching has been very good and it will allow some level of continuity as opposed to blowing the entire thing up.

This is an obvious logical move, make Jim Bob Cooter the OC.  The firing of Gase and promotion of GW wud not cost the po Johnson brothers much $$$.  The players respect GW and the defense is always fired up  - and in no way is GW a players coach.    

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes Darnold was always going to catch mono and Jamal Adams was always going to insult public school teachers on twitter. Scientifically inevitable. I believe Nostradamus even called this season at some point in his life.

I think the mono thing was a lock but the Adams thing was clearly  your fault. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This isn’t defending Gase per se, but I think you’d have to consider who the guy is who’s going to have more gumption and would actually take the job at this point.

Yea? lol... as opposed to what - not assessing the capabilities of your coaching candidates? If it was an exact science.... well, you know... 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

So what. 

They're fighting for their jobs too. I'm sorry, but I know you're too smart for this BS. If you're choosing to be willfully ignorant, then that's on you. This isn't a Peter Berg movie - and the assessment isn't black and white. Of course there's something Gase does well. But it's not enough. He doesn't have the leadership qualities need to take a good team the distance. Not a fcking chance. 

If you haven't figured out that he's taking the most..easily to trigger people position yet..well...

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re 4-2 in their last six and played their asses off against the best, most physical team in the league but ok. 

Really?  Ur going there?   The Jets have won five games this year, the best team they beat was the Cowboys (a team who can lose to anyone on any given day because their coach is a moron as well) and we barely hung on.  the Giants LOL, the Skins LOL, we barely edged the Phins and our biggest win came against the free falling Raiders (eyeroll) I believe Gruden hates Derek Carr as his QB and the Raiders will have a new QB next year and be much better because of it. 

We played our assess off against the Ravens and lost by three touchdowns (shud have been 4 if not for a blocked punt).  We got blown out by the Bengals while managing just two FGs against a team who lost every other game they played this season by an avg margin of 20 points. We gave the Bengals and the Phins their first wins of the year.  The Jets roster stinks and we shouldn't have expected much more - but our offense often looks lost and out of sync.  the QB is not on the same page as the WRs half the time and Bell and Montgomery have been underutilized to a fault.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

No question the schedule got very favorable. However it's hard to say the team quit on him when they've been playing hard and winning games.

I'm not a Gase fan really, I didn't like the hire and don't like his resume. I do think we owe him a huge debt of gratitude for excising Mac so that alone almost buys him year 2 from me.  But I also believe the team has performed within the realm of reasonable expectations for it, given the lack of talent and injuries.

I think the reaction to him has been way over the top and I really don't get it. The billboard cretins have re-emerged 10 games into his career after years of silence on Mac who was unquestionably worse at his job than Gase is at his. I don't get it.

I call it the like-ability index. I’ve experienced it professionally having worked a lot with west coasters. It’s far less about capability and results and way more about how you make your evaluators feel. In this case the fans are the evaluators. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, deucebag said:

This is an obvious logical move, make Jim Bob Cooter the OC.  The firing of Gase and promotion of GW wud not cost the po Johnson brothers much $$$.  The players respect GW and the defense is always fired up  - and in no way is GW a players coach.    

made me think. how would jetnation feel  if gase was demoted to OC and GW promoted to HC?

i know itd never happen, but...

I am not in favor of the coaching carousel, but how can poster here justify losing to 2 winless teams, while keeping a straight face saying that the team is fighting hard for its coach and for each other? How the f**k do you walk into 2 terrible, dead, winless teams stadiums and not only lose, but not even be competitive in either game? The Cinci game was the nail in the coffin for me, so typically Jets it made me sick. These are the same posters saying how great they played against Baltimore, despite losing by 3 td's and allowing 6 td's. You guys have to be kidding. Losing to Baltimore by 3 or god forbid winning a game they are totally not supposed to would turn heads, not anything that happened last Thursday night. Sorry. They got blown out as they have anytime they played against a good team this season.

I see nothing that inspires me to love Gase or the job he has done this season. They looked the same as they have over the past 5 years IMO. I would not be the least bit upset if they changed HC's again in 2 weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes Darnold was always going to catch mono and Jamal Adams was always going to insult public school teachers on twitter. Scientifically inevitable. I believe Nostradamus even called this season at some point in his life.

The great empire, everyone would be of it,
One will come to obtain it over the others:
But his realm and state will be of short duration,
Two years will he be able to maintain himself on the sea.

And there it is, Quatrain: Century X, Verse 32

Gase has one more year.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I call it the like-ability index. I’ve experienced it professionally having worked a lot with west coasters. It’s far less about capability and results and way more about how you make your evaluators feel. In this case the fans are the evaluators. 

Likeability huh? Must be why I dont get it lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

made me think. how would jetnation feel  if gase was demoted to OC and GW promoted to HC?

i know itd never happen, but...

Oh gosh no, I think Gase should be out of football after this, maybe he goes on to a career in Optometry.   

3 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

The remaining 23 teams are not expected to make a coaching change this offseason. 

The same goes for the New York Jets. One player told me Adam Gase has lost the respect of the locker room with his "tough guy bulls--t attitude" and the team's lack of a plan offensively. "Guys actually respect Gregg Williams," the player said. "No one respects Gase”.

Can we get the billboard guys to change the pic from a clown to Rodney Dangerfield??

19 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The Jets have won five games this year, the best team they beat was the Cowboys (a team who can lose to anyone on any given day because their coach is a moron as well) and we barely hung on.  the Giants LOL, the Skins LOL, we barely edged the Phins and our biggest win came against the free falling Raiders (eyeroll) I believe Gruden hates Derek Carr as his QB and the Raiders will have a new QB next year and be much better because of it. 

When you really think about it, they’re actually 0-16

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Oh gosh no, I think Gase should be out of football after this, maybe he goes on to a career in Optometry.   

what i find funny is that absolutely no one has ever said anythig whne i mention bill b had a 6 yrs cumulative  losing record  b4 tom brady

23 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If you haven't figured out that he's taking the most..easily to trigger people position yet..well...

The team fired the worst general manager in the history of the sport in May. You want to fire the new coach for not coaching up the abysmally bad team that historically bad GM left behind to hire a different coach you cannot name who will get four years to prove he can coach a football team. Because you *know* Adam Gase can’t coach. But you *know* the new head coach probably could have done a better job with Chuma Edoga and Luke Falk

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Fred Kitchens and Adam Gase walk into a bar....

There is a huge difference here. The Jets are still playing hard and saying the right things; on the other hand, the Browns are an absolute mess with their antics. 

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The bulk of this fanbase hates guys like Parcells and Mangini because they never prostrated themselves to kiss the fans’ asses, but they all loved Rex and Herm because they built their entire personas around jerking off the battered rubes tailgating in the parking lot before games. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re 4-2 in their last six and played their asses off against the best, most physical team in the league but ok. 

I really don't understand you, you hate Jamal Adams from the day he was drafted and all he did was being drafted "too high" and play at a high level, wet you are defending this looser Adam Gase who did nothing to prove he even deserves to be a HC in this league you can blame the roster and the injuries but even Todd Bowles OCs did better with worse rosters than the offensive guru Adam Gase.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The bulk of this fanbase hates guys like Parcells and Mangini because they never prostrated themselves to kiss the fans’ asses, but they all loved Rex and Herm because they built their entire personas around jerking off the battered rubes tailgating in the parking lot before games. 

Hey what do you have against tailgating most times it's the best part of the day. 

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think Gase is well liked.  He doesn't have to be.  Especially coming off a string of "players coaches".

The one thing I hear a lot about Gase that bothers me much more than anything is that he basically doesn't do anything with the defense.  

I absolutely am not an advocate of how he approaches being a head coach(he's not the only one either).  He's a glorified coordinator that has a yes man in Loggains by his side.  If I had my way, he'd can Loggains, hire someone that he can calloborate with on offense and over see the entire team.  I'm not saying that is absolutely the right way to do things, but if I were running the Jets, that's what I'd be looking for a HC to do.

I’m not convinced he can even coach the offense, let alone having him butt heads with Williams on Defense. He’s not my opinion of a good coach

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I really don't understand you, you hate Jamal Adams from the day he was drafted and all he did was being drafted "too high" and play at a high level, wet you are defending this looser Adam Gase who did nothing to prove he even deserves to be a HC in this league you can blame the roster and the injuries but even Todd Bowles OCs did better with worse rosters than the offensive guru Adam Gase.

The comparison would be more apt if we gave Adam Gase $25 million per year to coach the team, and outright passed on Sean Payton, Andy Reid, and Pete Carroll for the right to do so. 

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team fired the worst general manager in the history of the sport in May. You want to fire the new coach for not coaching up the abysmally bad team that historically bad GM left behind to hire a different coach you cannot name who will get four years to prove he can coach a football team. Because you *know* Adam Gase can’t coach. But you *know* the new head coach probably could have done a better job with Chuma Edoga and Luke Falk

yes exactly that. What is so god damn perplexing about this? 

It's not a 1-state binary situation -- the team can be in shambles AND it can also be true that he isn't a great leader and coach. 

The need to can Adam Gase isn't fueled by our record, or production on field (at least not completely) - it's about how he handles managing the team ffs. He's the head coach, and he's bad at it. Why is that an elusive notion. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans hate Manish and Francesa but Jets fans inevitably repeat the things Manish and Francesa tell them to almost verbatim. It’s clockwork

Well it is like PFF grades, if it says something that supports  my  preconceived notion of a player it is the most relevant thing on earth.  It it posts something counter to my thoughts it is mumbo jumbo analytics that don't mean much.

• Upvote 1