What is your favorite Jets item you own?

Could be some high priced memorabilia item, or an old Jersey that has a special meaning to you, but genuinely curious what everyone else is.

I'll start:

Boomer Esiason is the reason I became a Jets fan when I was younger.  Being from Pennsylvania you are raised either to be an Eagles or Steelers fan growing up(thankfully my dad is an Eagles fan), but I wanted my own team, so I chose the Jets because they were green, and I could be like my dad, and someone with the name Boomer was pretty much the coolest name ever o a 5 year old kid.

I buy and sell sports cards on the side, so I have plenty of nice cards from all different players, boomer included.  Autographs, Patches, , low numbered insert, but about l about 2 years ago I happened to get the opportunity to purchase what was always my white whale, and the centerpiece of my collection.

A Game Used and signed Boomer Esiason Jets Jersey.

Signed picture of the Sack Exchange.   Klecko and company are what got me into the team back in the day.

Second is, ironically, my Mark Sanchez Jersey.   I'd never had an actual jersey, and my Dad wanted to get me a Christmas present (I'm hard to shop for, I don't want anything).  So I asked him to get me and my son Jets Jerseys.   I have an awesome pic of my holding my son over my head (He was 7ish) both of us wearing our new Jersey.   That was the last present my Dad got me before getting dx with lung and brain cancer.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

My two most loved jets items. My favorite would probably by my Mitchell & Ness throwback varsity jacket, but I'm scared to wear it places for fear something would happen to it lol. 

1583763251637541188230282053077.jpg

I have a beer coozie like that but mine is tall with a zipper for a bottle.

• Upvote 1

Wahoo McDaniels throwback jersey i had custom made by some Chinese company.  Wear it to games and bars for football and to every wrestling show i go to.  Came with all the requisite holograms and patches.  

Honors the greatest injun athlete, and the guy who had the most success in both pro football and pro wrestling.

I have one jets ball cap my brother got from a case of beer promotion that he gave to me.

I had a large mark sanchez cardboard cut out from a pepsi promotion my brother rescued from a 7-11 store and gave to me knowing I was a jets fan but not knowing I hated Sanchez.  I left it out in the snow last winter.

I have been thinking about buying a new jets hat but i hate the idea of giving the league and the owner any of my money.

A football signed by Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas and Earl Morrel from SB III.  Funny thing is in 1991 my Company was helping a start up in Virginia that bought raw printed circuit boards from a firm owned by Johnny Unitas.  They introduced him to me and he offered me another one of those balls.  Should have seen the look on his face when I told him I already had one.  He just smiled and asked me if I was one of the kids that got selected after the game to get the ball signed - I said yes, I was.

• Upvote 2

Oddly enough it was the season ticket holder gift a bunch of years ago, the little cooler thingee

We picnic 2-4 times a week when the weather gets nice and today is no exception. Just put those plastic ice bricks you freeze as liners and viola, ice cold drinks while letting all the woodland creatures nearby know you have questionable judgement in sports collectives. 

Has held up perfectly after many many uses

• Upvote 2

I have a Jets throwback jacket (10 years old?) that I don't wear much up here in Cheatriot land (VT). Maybe when we beat them on a more regular basis.

A green coffee mug and a 3' x 5' throw blanket I ordered and had delivered to me while living in Athens, Greece. I thankfully do not remember what the delivery fees were. Ouzo, beer and coffee taste good in the mug when consumed separately. The throw is used for prayer and small animal sacrifice, though not very successfully.

A recent numbered and labeled Klecko tee shirt/jersey. 

That would have to be my very portable and easy to use Jets propane grill.  Even in the winter, I often set the little thing up on a small table on the driveway and grill up some tasty items.  I used it last weekend to grill up some salmon.  Cover the inside with foil and there is no cleaning up to do.  Just put the grate in the dishwasher.  Super handy when you are not having a foll blown BBQ.  

56811nopen.jpg

• Upvote 1

Signed Namath Jersey

Signed Klecko Jersey

Signed Namath Helmet

Signed Namath Jersey in a frame with memorabilia.

But.. my 1st real Namth jersey that I wear to games I cherish.   I wear it to most Jets games/events.

It's like virginity...  it only gets broken once.

EDIT: My 1st and only Hole in One Jets ball. 

• Upvote 3