****OFFICIAL 2020 JETNATION DRAFT DAY END OF THE WORLD DRAFT DAY MISERY THREAD OF OPTIMISM****

Trading 48 with their 4th and early 6th that'll get them to 41.

I'm hoping someone in the early 2nd would be interested in Williamson,  Winters or Henry Anderson enough that a trade up would only cost 48, the player and a 5th or 6th. That way they can keep both 3rds and their 4th

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Sounds good. Just let me know when so I can put it on my calendar and make sure to log in.
I’d say let’s try to fit it in sometime before Tua’s 5th surgery. Maybe like mid November? 

It's all good, I got it calendared. Just sit back and dread it.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Becton literally exemplifies the old “dancing bear” cliche.

Dudes with that size, athletic profile and polish in their pass sets are like unicorns.

How anyone could be pissed over this pick is beyond me. Especially the people who have been banging the “OT or bust” drum for several months now.

BAP!@$%

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Mountain men who are 6’7 365 and possess more functional athleticism than most dudes who are 60 pounds lighter than them?

That’s exactly the kind of “BAP” that I’m all about.

Naw, not Bap enough 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's funny because if you re-live 2017 Jamal goes top 5. 

And if re-drafted tonight he goes top 5 again. 

He's so great JD told Jerry... No. 

2021 WRs will not get drafted like 2014 and 2020's. 

Does that mean 2020s WR class sucked all because 2021's will become much weaker? 

lol you're clueless 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Trading 48 with their 4th and early 6th that'll get them to 41.

I'm hoping someone in the early 2nd would be interested in Williamson,  Winters or Henry Anderson enough that a trade up would only cost 48, the player and a 5th or 6th. That way they can keep both 3rds and their 4th

McKinney, Josh Jones, Matos, Swift, Dobbins, Fulton, Johnson, Winfield, Espensa, Cleveland, Diggs, RB Taylor, Blaylock, Davidson, Hunt, Baun, Delpit. All these were projected to go in 1st round or early 2nd before we pick in numerous mocks Ive seen. The only WR taken was Mims before 48.
order of preference are there at 48. Higgins, Pittman, Hamler

rest are late 3rd 4th rounders Shenault, Edwards, Peoples, Claypool, Hightower. We’re getting 2 of these guys. 

80% of the draft forum posters would have done better than jets' previous GM's.  IT looks like we finally have a GM up to snuff.  Taking a premier talent at a premier position at a premier draft slot is just tooooo much to process.

This is exactly what you do.  We have the FQB, take the FLT. BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!! 2 of the most important positions on the field handled and awesome for a decade to come, YAASSSSS

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

PREDICTION ZONE

Tua's numbers > Darnold this year. A million excuses as to why Darnold is actually superior.

Hey you pessimist in every way....I will bet you 10000 dollars against that. Time for someone to shut you up for good! pay pal account!

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Dudes like Leo and Quinnen possessed limited athletic profiles and good old fashioned safe, limited upside.

Is that why you described Q last year at this time as "...a disruptive, pro-bowl level interior DL for a decade. Right up there with Bosa...." :-k

Weren't you also a big Polite Pick fan too?

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is that why you described Q last year at this time as "...a disruptive, pro-bowl level interior DL for a decade. Right up there with Bosa...." :-k

Weren't you also a big Polite Pick fan too?

Sure

And weren’t you supposed to be leaving or something? Started a whole thread about it, looking for sympathy?

38 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Sure

And weren’t you supposed to be leaving or something? Started a whole thread about it, looking for sympathy?

You can always tell when someone has no real comeback when they deflect to lame insults.

And no, no sympathy, just needed a break from the usual suspects....:-k

It's ok mate, you're allowed to be a bad talent evaluator. No sin in that.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You can always tell when someone has no real comeback when they deflect to lame insults.

It's ok mate, you're allowed to be a bad talent evaluator. No sin in that.

If I was constantly right about these guys, I’d have 32 NFL teams fighting over the chance to pay me $30+ million a year to run their whole shebang.

Even the “experts” like Kiper, McShay, etc are wrong more than 60% of the time.

I’m just some dude who watches a decent amount of college football. I’ve never claimed to be an expert or even claimed to watch the amount of tape on these guys that guys like RobR, Paradis, Sec101, etc do on a yearly basis.

I’d take their collective opinions over mine

That said, you still come off as a total whiny “woe is me” puss for that farewell thread.

23 hours ago, JiF said:

JiF's ideal draft

1st - OT - preferably Andrew Thomas

2nd - RD - WR preferably Tee Higgins/Denzel Mims but since they're probably going 1st RD; Michael Pittman or Brandan Aiuyak

3rd - OL - dont really care names here but; Ruiz, Hennessey, Cushenberry, etc. 

3rd - WR - Chase Claypool, Van Jefferson, David Duvernay

4th - RB - McFraland, Benjamin, Gibson. 

Dont care the rest of the way, offense solved. 

1st round success.  Didnt have a shot at Thomas but instead we have the guy with the most upside who completely gives the OL a new look, an identify and could be our Ogden.  etc.    George Fant is 6'6 330 on the other end?  6'7 360 and both can move ridiculously well for their size.   With 3 pros-pros on the inside.  JD is a man of his word.

Now?  I didnt even think it was possible but Higgins and Mims are out there.  I think it might take a trade up to land them and I'd be 100% on board with that but this a deep draft and you could let a Pittman/Hamler/Shinault fall to you.  Either way, at this point, the positions should not change but the order could.  With what JD has already done on the line, I'd be fine with a focus on playmakers the rest of the way and maybe came back to OL later on.

• Upvote 2