At what point do you sign Clowney and Ryan

Maxman

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I wonder if the plan is just to roll over as much cap space as possible... admittedly that makes less sense when you consider keeping guys like Winters or A Williamson 

Def. seems to be the plan, but you gotta give Sam some level of protection, can’t afford to get him killed.  So you keep Winters, sign a McGovern but otherwise you’re saving as much cash as you can, collecting picks and playing for the future.. Hopefully next year we try..

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Right now Chris Johnson is in the desert outside of Reno burying fifty gallon drums of payroll cash like Walter White. We ain’t signing nobody until there’s a vaccine.

Loved it when Hule had to lay on the stack before driving it out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

He’s already said he doesn’t care where he goes. He wants to get paid. He’s a mercenary. No loyalty just money. 

I mean the browns offered 17-18 right, so we would have to offer 20. Id only do that for a 2 year deal. If he wants long term then no

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Honestly, if this is how the season is going to roll, with bigtime players making bigtime money opting out, what's the point?

SAR I

Because it’s never been about the players.  Just about the logo on the uniform. But way more importantly- it’s about something to do on Sunday’s in the winter. 

I would pass on Clowney but I would be looking at Logan. 

Clowney seems to want a 1 year prove it deal, and frankly I don’t see this season even happening, let alone finishing at this point, so if you can lock up Logan for a 3 year deal or something like that I would strike there. 

otherwise just hold the money at this point with how uncertain next years cap looks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Right now Chris Johnson is in the desert outside of Reno burying fifty gallon drums of payroll cash like Walter White. We ain’t signing nobody until there’s a vaccine.

I think you are right as far as not signing anybody. I doubt Douglas wants to give these guys long term deals, and doubt CJ wants to see anymore 1 year contracts with the chance of there not being a season or having one cut short. 

We played last season without Mosley, and we added enough guys for Williams to make do without Adams too.

As for a vaccine being the answer, that's a good one.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

hahahahahahahahahahaha. 

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have wanted Ryan for awhile now 

Statistically, he had a far better year than Jamal Adams.  More INTs (4-1), Solo Tackles (73-61), Forced Fumbles (4-2) and PDs (18-7).  The only area where Adams was superior was in the TFL department (10-4).

Ryan also recorded 4.5 Sacks on 40 blitz attempts (Jamal had 6.5 on 90 attempts).  

He is a CB1 who can also likely be converted to FS if need be.

Sign this beast.

• Upvote 1

Can you trade a player who opted out?

Edit: I Googled it and I believe teams are permitted to trade players who opt out. 

The NFL's latest proposal would allow players to opt out of the 2020 season, with formal notice delivered by Aug. 1. Under that proposal, teams would be permitted to trade those players, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (on Twitter). However, players would not be allowed to engage with their teams in that scenario.

Why sign anyone now? This entire season is marked with an *

Its a total sh*tshow from no fans, to 2 anthems, guys are going to kneel, big contract guys opting out to protect themselves (why would Mosely play after pocketing half his salary in March?), guarantee you he's out there without banking that coin. 

If no one opts out in KC just give the Lombardi & call it a day. At this point I'm praying for one more player to opt out & thats Russell Wilson! 

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Why sign anyone now? This entire season is marked with an *

Its a total sh*tshow from no fans, to 2 anthems, guys are going to kneel, big contract guys opting out to protect themselves (why would Mosely play after pocketing half his salary in March?), guarantee you he's out there without banking that coin. 

If no one opts out in KC just give the Lombardi & call it a day. At this point I'm praying for one more player to opt out & thats Russell Wilson! 

Because some other team could sign him before they decide what to do with 2020?

No fans isnt a shlt show, why, because those of us with STs cant go?

I don't get the anger over a league doing all it can to get a season off the ground.  Millions of people can watch the games and will on TV but because say 40,000 won't be in their seats in Miami, Jax wherever, its a shlt show. 

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

Honestly, if this is how the season is going to roll, with bigtime players making bigtime money opting out, what's the point?

SAR I

point is I can live with an asterisk that doesn't have the cheating stench of Belichick and Brady on it

• Upvote 2