Benigno can't stop talking about drafting Trevor Lawrence and it's asinine

Darnold HAS to step up. I don’t want to see spurts or glimpses, I want to see this guy step up and flat out become the man.
If that doesn’t happen then I am going to start at least thinking about it

Sam is going to be e writhing we’ve ever wanted in a young Franchise QB. And he will be here for 20 more years.
It’s our time man. Brace yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Why ?

The guy has shown spurts of being a really qb. Now that he has had a year to absorb Gases and hopefully a better OL, Darnold should be able to take that “Next Step”.

If he doesn’t or regresses then I think you have to at least start thinking about it

This is very articulate. Were you high writing the other posts?

Benigno’s act is tired and so is he. Brandon Tierney is coming soon, and I like him a lot. He has an edge to him, but is usually quite fair in his analysis. You have to be opinionated to be interesting, and Tierney is. Unlike Benigno, B.T. Will lambaste the Jets when they deserve it, but won’t *assume* that the Jets will always stink, always make the wrong moves, etc.

7 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Benigno’s act is tired and so is he. Brandon Tierney is coming soon, and I like him a lot. He has an edge to him, but is usually quite fair in his analysis. You have to be opinionated to be interesting, and Tierney is. Unlike Benigno, B.T. Will lambaste the Jets when they deserve it, but won’t *assume* that the Jets will always stink, always make the wrong moves, etc.

I like Tierney a lot too.  Hopefully WFAN gives him the slot before Joe and Evan

WFAN is falling apart.  No Francesa, Beningo having daily meltdowns about the Mets and his favorite player ever Adams getting traded and Beningo threatens to retire everyday and play golf.  Maggie Grace is beyond unlistenable and she has like 5 hours a day on that station.  Evan Roberts sucks he’s just a foil for Beningo.  

Only reason to listen to WFAN now is yankees broadcasts 

7 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i honestly don't understand how people can listen to sports talk radio at all. an hour or so of pre-game shows on a sunday before the games? yeah sure. but every day? 

I am listening way less to sports radio now that there’s podcasts and all this other stuff out there. Beningo before he became a Jamal Adams groupie schill was a great listen.  Mike Francesa I liked listening to but he grew tired of the prank calls

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

IF there is an NFL season in 2020 and IF Sam Darnold fails to deliver a decent season and numbers, the NY Jets do not have a choice but to consider it. 

If the Jets win only the one to three games it would take to pick first, the Jets should seriously think about ceasing to be a football team

43 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i honestly don't understand how people can listen to sports talk radio at all. an hour or so of pre-game shows on a sunday before the games? yeah sure. but every day? 

It's okay for the car.  NFL pre-game shows are far worse though.  I think I watch a little bit of the NBC Sunday Night Football pre-game because I can still stomach Costas (though even he's not the same anymore) but it's all pretty bad.

I still believe nobody is trading the right to draft Lawrence. I don’t care if the chiefs somehow end up with the top pick and Mahomes is perfectly healthy and fine. They’ll draft him to be the greatest backup in history.

lawrence is the best qb prospect since Peyton. You can’t punt on him. And if there is a trade by some miracle, it’ll take much more than what we got because the team with the top pick will have a bidding war in their benefit.

Joe Benigno is a moron who desires never to be happy. Actually, he’s happiest in a constant state of misery. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I like Tierney a lot too.  Hopefully WFAN gives him the slot before Joe and Evan

WFAN is falling apart.  No Francesa, Beningo having daily meltdowns about the Mets and his favorite player ever Adams getting traded and Beningo threatens to retire everyday and play golf.  Maggie Grace is beyond unlistenable and she has like 5 hours a day on that station.  Evan Roberts sucks he’s just a foil for Beningo.  

Only reason to listen to WFAN now is yankees broadcasts 

I loved Mike when he was with Mad Dog.  Couldn’t stand him since. It’s one thing to interrupt callers.  It’s another thing to interrupt guests.  The last straw for me was on his Sunday show when he constantly interrupted Phil Simms every time he tried to speak.  WFAN let go the best guy they had, Chris Carlin.  They truly are boring now. 

I think that Tierney will be on from 10-12:00 with Tiki Barber. Not a fan of Tiki.  

My favorite show in recent years was Mike & Mike on ESPN until that show ended. Loved their interaction with each other and the fact that they had access to all of ESPN’s analysts. Greeny will have a new show starting  on the 17th, but only one hour will air here. Keyshawn Johnson will be on the new morning show.   Didn’t like hearing him talk when he was a Jet and doubt that I will like him now. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

He brought it up again today.  It's all Benigno talks about now when anyone brings up Darnold.  "Bro I'm not sold on this quarterback" then he talks about flipping these picks to draft Lawrence.

Do people really think this or are these just the ravings of an old lunatic?

Benigno is still employed? I thought he was dead.

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Used to be huge fan.

Can't even listen anymore.

SAR I

WFAN

Boomer n Gio ... a good, not great show

Moose n Maggie ... unlistenable drek

beningo and Roberts... average Joey B mailing it in, Evan is excellent

Steve somers... was great, now not so much

Future ..

j jastremski, sal licata, Kim Jones...

The station needs to get their crap together.. i’ll give them a pass till after the pandemic

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Look the only way we can get Lawrence is if we pick #1. If we pick #1 then Darnold regressed badly and we pick Lawrence. If Darnold is decent we finish middle of pack at worst and no combination of the picks we have gets Lawrence. And there is no guarantee hes better than Sam. Personally I think Sam will have a huge breakout season this year but we will see

I think the point will be moot because I believe in Sam, BUT IF the Jets are truly terrible and JD does want to move in another QB direction - the Jets probably will have a legit shot at Lawrence considering draft capital (their own high pick) and because of the glut of young QBs just in the league.

The Bengals are probably going to be the worst team in the NFL again. We'd be able to trade into the #1 spot.

Until I see Sam Darnold playing behind an NFL Oline & NFL skill players I’m not critiquing him. 
Mahomes has a very good Oline, his 4th option on offense is Sammy Watkins, and his Coach might be the best offensive coach in all of football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

I loved Mike when he was with Mad Dog.  Couldn’t stand him since. It’s one thing to interrupt callers.  It’s another thing to interrupt guests.  The last straw for me was on his Sunday show when he constantly interrupted Phil Simms every time he tried to speak.  WFAN let go the best guy they had, Chris Carlin.  They truly are boring now. 

I think that Tierney will be on from 10-12:00 with Tiki Barber. Not a fan of Tiki.  

My favorite show in recent years was Mike & Mike on ESPN until that show ended. Loved their interaction with each other and the fact that they had access to all of ESPN’s analysts. Greeny will have a new show starting  on the 17th, but only one hour will air here. Keyshawn Johnson will be on the new morning show.   Didn’t like hearing him talk when he was a Jet and doubt that I will like him now. 

The future doesn’t look bright for WFAN.  They had too much allegiance to the good OL boys club of Imus, Mike and the Mad Dog, Beningo etc so they never developed younger on air talent to take over 

I was trying to listen to Boomer and Gio today.  Gio thinks he’s Richard Jeni.  I used to think Carton was bad Gio is even worse there’s sports going on now all the guy does is schtick about his furniture 

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Until I see Sam Darnold playing behind an NFL Oline & NFL skill players I’m not critiquing him. 
Mahomes has a very good Oline, his 4th option on offense is Sammy Watkins, and his Coach might be the best offensive coach in all of football. 

Sam was actually underrated last season. He had a better statistical season than Baker Mayfield despite having a way worse supporting cast

hes going to be a good to very good nfl qb.  The people saying otherwise are ignorant haters

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Nailed it. He has a masters degree in whining and complaining.

I don’t understand Beningo’s obsession with Jamal Adams.  The jets are 16-32 with him, he has 2 career picks in 3 full seasons and yet he acts like Adams is a young Lawrence Taylor on steroids and cocaine

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Sam was actually underrated last season. He had a better statistical season than Baker Mayfield despite having a way worse supporting cast

hes going to be a good to very good nfl qb.  The people saying otherwise are ignorant haters

Im with you on this. If you look at statistics where he just had an average amount of time to throw he was elite. His biggest fault last year was deep right, and he has said that is one of the things he has worked on most. I think he is a Top 10 QB this year easy.

14 hours ago, nico002 said:

The jury is still out on every QB under 25 not named Patrick mahomes.

You're not a finished product by 25, but you usually know what you got...

Lamar Jackson (23) - Elite

Deshaun Watson (24) - Great 

Goff (24) -  above average

Baker (25) - inconsistent

Sam Darnold (23) - inconsistent

Tribusky (24) - terrible

17 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Look the only way we can get Lawrence is if we pick #1. If we pick #1 then Darnold regressed badly and we pick Lawrence. If Darnold is decent we finish middle of pack at worst and no combination of the picks we have gets Lawrence. And there is no guarantee hes better than Sam. Personally I think Sam will have a huge breakout season this year but we will see

This is exactly correct.  If we have the #1 pick, we take Lawrence, because you don't get the#1 overall pick by accident.  Even if Darnold misses the season, you take Lawrence, because, then 3 seasons in, Darnold still hasn't played a full one.  Whoever has the #1 overall pick will do the same, so there's no trading for him.

• Upvote 1