### JETS at COLTS ### The official game thread

Larz

1 minute ago, yocousinvinny said:

I agree with you but at what point do we mention the common denominator... Ownership? I personally would be more inclined to fly a plane with "johnson's sell the team" to send a broader message than to fire Gase who, I will admit, is not who I thought he was and is probably trash.

They're not going to sell the team.  They print money despite the losses piling up.

Better bet would be for them to finally realize they need to cede control of all football operations to someone else (Douglas) and quit meddling.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

But if we are losing with him it clearly isnt a premium position. If he is dominant and we are worse than last season, what difference is he actually making to our team?

Almost like this "logic" makes 0 sense.

I'm sorry Jamal isn't better than 5 of the six safeties in the Jets division and can be easily replaced. At his position, he needs to be a game changer to justify the contract he wants.. and he's not. Left Tackle are way more important so even if Becton was average at his position then he can expect to be well compensated. I don't get how you don't understand that. Help me, help you. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_(gridiron_football_position)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tackle_(gridiron_football_position)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You stated:  "At least Macc won GM of the year".

Meanwhile, only 2 players in his draft class had any injury history whatsoever.

This is the height of stupidity.  

That’s enough I’m calling EMS @Jetsfan80 is having a mental breakdown. I get it though many of you guys never experienced Super Bowl III and don’t know what it’s like to have won a Super Bowl. 

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The team is BAD from top to bottom.  They're not "unprepared".  They're simply not good.

You don't fire a head coach working his ass off to turn things around because you're grumpy about things he didn't do. 

You have to answer for Idzik and Maccagnan, Carlo.

SAR I

When you look in Merriam-Webster under prick there's a a picture of you. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's just cut to the chase:

The roster is bad and it's been decimated by injuries.  Eventually you can't win a race with a three-legged horse no matter how hard you try, so you stop blaming the jockey and you go and get a better horse.

SAR I

Adam Gase already got rid of the jockey.

Darron Lee Suspended 4 Games by NFL for Substance-Abuse Violation |  Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

To 1 game better than the 7-9 Adam Gase New York Jets?

Tomlin's QB was Duck Hodges.  Gase went on his run when Sam came back.  And we were handed one of our wins by Buffalo btw.

Besides, given the choice, which HC would you rather have?  Gase or Tomlin?

2 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

What happened to Becton?

1 minute ago, RobR said:

No one knows and it doesn't help that we get six commercials between every play stoppage. The NFL sucks balls.

Don’t know. They did say he was down on one knee before the game even started. Not sure if he was already injured or what?

• Haha 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Ugh,

If I am being honest, the product is half of what it was when I started watching 

Goodell. After alienating 80% of his fan base they have to make up for it with all of these commercials. College football is so much better.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm sorry Jamal isn't better than 5 of the six safeties in the Jets division and can be easily replaced. At his position, he needs to be a game changer to justify the contract he wants.. and he's not. Left Tackle are way more important so even if Becton was average at his position then he can expect to be well compensated. I don't get how you don't understand that. Help me, help you. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_(gridiron_football_position)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tackle_(gridiron_football_position)

I dont get what's hard to understand that you can be a great player at any position on the field but if your team is bad, your team will still lose most games.

Judging Jamal solely based on the teams wins and losses was always a brain dead argument.

Your arguing that becton is dominant at a premium position but yet we are a worse team with him on the team than we were with Jamal Adams on the team.

Also easily replaced and not better than 5 of 6 safeties in the division is a laughable statement.