Can you believe how badly we fcked up Project Darnold

Paradis

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Steve Young said it best when discussing Sanchez after the 2012 Thursday night thrashing at the hands of Tennessee:

You either keep the ship afloat and show you’re part of the solution, or you help sink it and become part of the problem.

Sam may be successful somewhere else...his future, however, is not here.

Is anyone’s who plays the position, ever?

to answer my own question, when we had Favre we were actually pretty good. So yeah we have no luck with developing  (qb or name your position)

24 minutes ago, deucebag said:

You are underestimating the impact of Robbie Anderson - a WR who stretched the field and gave defenses - at least something to worry about.  Yesterday we fielded an offense that featured one over the hill former NFL caliber RB, no NFL caliber WRs and two TEs who have lost a step - Herndon doesn't look as fast or as motivated as he did two years ago and Griffin will probably never be the same again - that was some seriously ankle surgery he had,  

Yes his average of 3 catches and 40 yds rec in those 1st 3 games last year really made a difference. 

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Strangest statistic I heard was on ESPN tonight. 

When Sam Darnold threw two Pick-6’s today against the Colts it was the first time that’s happened since....Joe Montana did it about 40 years ago. 

Geno Smith did it in 2013

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

This is twilight zone material. Swear to god, the Jets are in another dimension of self deprecation and torture...

We're gifted wrapped one of the best prospects to mold, and look at this sh*t

• Rookie yr under OC Jeremy Bates, a guy who was lost hiking for 2 years
  • Two yrs with Adam Fckface whose offenses have been statistically the worst for a while
  • No one seems to understand the notion of scheming to talent... Darnold has been relegated to running Matt Cassel sh*t. 
  • like 7 different RBs who all sucked, including washout Bell
  • Virtually NO consistency at WR to develop chemistry with.... Robbie was the closest thing - adios Anderson! 
  • THE OLINE... MY GOD
  • Outside of some flashes from Becton, this team is measurably worse in every way talent wise since Darnold started in 2018

Like WHAT THE FCK IS THIS?

Someone said during the game yesterday that the Jets have started 18 different OL in the last 2 seasons. 

• Upvote 2

Not firing Bowles at the end of 2017 was the first mistake. If you know you're drafting a QB, bring someone in who is qualified to develop him. Instead, they waited a year and in turn forced Darnold to scrap everything he learned in his rookie season. And even with an extra year to mull over HC candidates they ended up picking Gase. They just never had a plan.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That’s what it looks like when you play an O line with 3 first round picks.

They mentioned during broadcast that the Colts Oline had played together for 19 straight games without a player missing a snap. 

Can. You. F*cking. Imagine. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Not firing Bowles at the end of 2017 was the first mistake. If you know you're drafting a QB, bring someone in who is qualified to develop him. Instead, they waited a year and in turn forced Darnold to scrap everything he learned in his rookie season. And even with an extra year to mull over HC candidates they ended up picking Gase. They just never had a plan.

They haven’t had synch between gm and hc since Rex and tanny and that’s the main problem.  Douglas seems to have prepared for life post darnold by bringing in Morgan and flacco to hold the fort until the new 2021 rookie comes in.  The problem douglas had was that darnold was a high draft pick and hadn’t busted yet so he had to talk him up to the media.  

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

This is twilight zone material. Swear to god, the Jets are in another dimension of self deprecation and torture...

• Two yrs with Adam Fckface whose offenses have been statistically the worst for a while
  • No one seems to understand the notion of scheming to talent... Darnold has been relegated to running Matt Cassel sh*t. 
  • Virtually NO consistency at WR to develop chemistry with.... Robbie was the closest thing - adios Anderson! 
  • THE OLINE... MY GOD
  • Outside of some flashes from Becton, this team is measurably worse in every way talent wise since Darnold started in 2018

What makes this all the more frustrating is that we could see all of this unfolding in front of us.  All the poor free agent moves, poor draft choices, poor coaching decisions, poor front office decisions.   We saw the train heading for the cliff, sadly we could do nothing to stop it.  I’ve really never seen a team with so few positives you could be excited for in the future.   Another new coach, another new rookie QB will anything really change?  Probably not, this franchise just can’t get out of its own way.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The more and more evidence that piles up the more you realize the Owners could care less about winning.  Saving money that winds up in their pockets is all that matters.  Remember them going into a season basically without an entire Secondary the year after Revis was traded to Tampa?

I really understand Your frustration. I just don’t believe the Johnson’s would be up for the ridicule they must receive/perceive during Owner’s Meetings just to save a few million dollars of coaches salaries on theIr $3 Billion annuity. Are they inept, clueless, and/or otherwise inexperienced on who/what it takes to build a solid football team? Hell yes. 

Can’t bring in a Director of Football Operations now as it would probably neuter Douglas. We are stuck with Douglas for good or bad, and hopefully coming from winning operations allows him to get sound advice from previous employers. 

but it’s gonna be a rough year methinks...

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

• THE OLINE... MY GOD

Well I guess seeing really is believing after all. 

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

When Sam Darnold threw two Pick-6’s today against the Colts it was the first time that’s happened since....Joe Montana did it about 40 years ago. 

Pretty sure Fitztragic did that last year, and Geno did it against the Bills.

Almost all of the responsibility falls on Darnold.  Everything elsae is an excuse to attempt to offset his abysmal play.  He was never as good as the Jet dopes who analyzed him.  Had tons of turnovers in college and we now clearly see over the last three seasons that he does not read defenses, or see the field, well. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

• THE OLINE... MY GOD

I would say this is exactly what we could have predicted with the hiring of Gase. 

I am not surprised at all. When you hire a bottom feeder coach to "develop" your young potential Franchise QB... and the guy has never shown to be a QB developer/whisperer (don't give me the Manning BS, Manning was a top QB before going to Broncos, and didn't need jack.. he ran the offense)

The hiring should have been any guy that has shown they could develop/work on qb's mechanics for these CRUCIAL developmental years of Sam, even if that meant a bit of neglecting the rest of the team in order to do so. 

Bro this is just the JETS sh*tting the bed at every opportunity 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

That might be the Jetsiest statistic I've ever heard.  Our QB has something in rarefied air with the legendary Joe Montana but, of course, somehow it's a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

Never get the compulsion of some to absolutely eviscerate an entire organization to bolster the QB.

Maybe Darnold is part of the problem here and the fact that he has one of the lowest projections of any first round QB the past 4 drafts shouldnt have been dismissed so easily 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

Never get the compulsion of some to absolutely eviscerate an entire organization to bolster the QB.

Maybe Darnold is part of the problem here and the fact that he has one of the lowest projections of any first round QB the past 4 drafts shouldnt have been dismissed so easily 

Darnold is bad right now and very well may end up being a bad QB for the duration of his career, but he's merely the latest example in decades of bad Jets stuff. The organization is trash, irrespective of Darnold.

• Post of the Week 2

it must suck to be coming out of college and see the jets looking inside your window-it is no wonder peyton wanted no part of the jets and nobody else of substance does either . If I was a top qb coming into the draft I would make it know to the Jets u draft me and I am sitting out and will never play for u.

The jets are losers losers-it starts with ownership and as long as that stays the same so will the jets 

I have said this before if I were the Johnsons I call up Ozzie Newsome and say the highest paid gm in the league is making this number-multiply that times 5 and that is what we are going to pay you-you pick your coaches as well-

the worst part of our rebuilds are we entrust them to folks that have never done them before with success-we hire the guy next to the guy that had some success.   

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I’ve been thinking about this like everyone else.  Look at the move douglas made this offseason for qb.  Bringing in flacco and drafting Morgan.  Could it be that he was already planning for life beyond darnold?  Draft a qb in 2021 and flacco becomes the new mccown.

This has been very clear to me for a few months now.   JD has already moved on from Sam.

4 hours ago, fullblast said:

Thank you!

Some out here are still acting like NFL Football is akin to boxing, Golf or Tennis whereby you alone can change the fortunes of a competitive contest.  

No, NFL Football is first and foremost a TEAM Game.

The QB is dependent on coaching, skill position players and at least an adequate OL, none of which Darnold has ever had!

The original OP got it right and the  myopic delusional few out here keep acting like getting another player in here will change things around absent real changes in the organizations which is nothing more than a fantasy.

• Post of the Week 1