If getting shut out by Miami wasn't enough...

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Not a problem, i say bring in Rex to calm the waters.

I don't know about "calming" anything, but someone like Rex or Herm who is a cheerleader for his players and can motivate players is what they need. I always liked that Rex brought in speakers and former Jets to give the team motivational talks the day before game day.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like they’d have made the move already if Gregg Williams didn’t also suck, but now they’re in a position where they’d have to fire Gase AND Loggains AND Greggg and it’s hard to operate a coaching staff with, now, three or more vacancies in it mid-season. The guys you’d elevate now—Cooter, Frank Bush, Shawn Jefferson, etc—have no experience  as head coaches and they’d be walking into a sh*t situation and down three coaches.

Is being gases spokeswoman for the last year your worst transgression on these forums since you joined?  I mean you've had a lot but I don't recall your takes being this awful.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Johnson is 100% trying to go 0-16 and knows Gase is the best guy to get them there.

Still you fire him. You have to save some kind of face. 0-16 can still be accomplished. Just trade Sam now and play Flacco, sit Becton for the year to protect him and bring Mim’s along SLOWLY.  Keep trading and getting extra picks. Play as many youngsters as you can to get them experience. JD needs to think like a mad scientist. 

6 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Still you fire him. You have to save some kind of face. 0-16 can still be accomplished. Just trade Sam now and play Flacco, sit Becton for the year to protect him and bring Mim’s along SLOWLY.  Keep trading and getting extra picks. Play as many youngsters as you can to get them experience. JD needs to think like a mad scientist. 

0-16 is the goal

Tank 4 Trevor

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase owns a 30-40 record as an NFL head coach and 31 of those 40 losses gave come by double digits. He’s 7-15 as the Jets head coach with eight of those losses coming by double digits and five of them by 20 or more points.

And he still is head coach. Pure Genius.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's not getting fired.  He is running this multi-year rebuild.  It's a dirty, thankless job and he's doing well.

You begged the Johnson's to put a "football man" in charge.  And they have.  Enjoy.

SAR I

This is the 8th true rebuild in a row

• Upvote 1

I always thought it was bye week, or after the season. They might just let him ride out the whole season to drive the tank.

At this point, I would love nothing more than to never see Adam Gase again but if it means we get the top pick I'll live with him on the sidelines for 2.5 more months

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Is being gases spokeswoman for the last year your worst transgression on these forums since you joined?  I mean you've had a lot but I don't recall your takes being this awful.

<Captain Edward John Smith of the HMS Titanic emerges from his watery grave and appears at the foot of my bed, waking me. He opens his mottled, decaying jaw and cold, black seawater spills from his calcified skull; a helmeted corystes crab escapes through the hole and skitters through the dark puddle surrounding Smith’s decomposed feet>

“Thomas,” he maws, “I’ve returned from the bowels of hell to... troll you... about icebergs lolz”

• Haha 1

i'm not a gase hater and i don't particularly like revolving doors for coaches and gm's but to me, losing to the doltfins is nearly as bad as it can get.  there are teams they just should not lose to and the doltfins are one.  i think gase needs to be launched.  i'm just not sure when will be the best time.  i'm also not that keen on tanking.  this will not help out the younger players or even the older players who are playing for next year's contract.  the team can play much better even if they do lose.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

What purpose does firing Gase now serve? The only reason to fire a coach mid season is if you have a guy you want to hire and he won't talk about the job when it's occupied.

There's no fans in the stands so it's not a public perception thing and I don't think Gase has lost the locker room - they're just a really, really bad team.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

What purpose does firing Gase now serve? The only reason to fire a coach mid season is if you have a guy you want to hire and he won't talk about the job when it's occupied.

There's no fans in the stands so it's not a public perception thing and I don't think Gase has lost the locker room - they're just a really, really bad team.

I disagree. In order to start the healing process and move forward you cut bait as fast as possible.  He needs to be removed from the building today

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I disagree. In order to start the healing process and move forward you cut bait as fast as possible.  He needs to be removed from the building today

Nah. There's a reason HCs very rarely get fired mid-season. You just hate looking at the guy on the sidelines and hearing his PCs - clearly the owner hasn't gotten to that point.

Unless things become so toxic in the locker room they have to get rid of Gase, I think he makes it through the year.