Chiefs Le'Veon Bell takes parting shot at Jets: I'm happy to be back in a good offense

Chiefs’ Le’Veon Bell takes parting shot at Jets: I’m happy to be back in a ‘good’ offense

Updated 6:58 AM; Today 6:57 AM 
Le'Veon Bell

Former New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell debuts this week with the Kansas City Chiefs.AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Gone, but not forgotten.

Chiefs running back Le’Veon Bell took a parting shot at the New York Jets on Wednesday, following his first workout in Kansas City. Per the Kansas City Star:

“It’s kind of just reinventing myself,” Bell said. “I played at a high level for so long. I’ve had two years where it’s not been on a high level. I just want to get back here, get my feet back under me, get in a good offense and get the ball when I can in some space. Not have too much pressure on me. Just go out there and play football. That’s really what I want to do. I think coming here is going to give me the opportunity to do that.”

Buy Jets-Chiefs Week 8 tickets: StubHub

A good offense. Yeah, that’s something Bell never had in his two seasons with the Jets, who released the disgruntled running back last week. Bell promptly signed a one-year deal with the Chiefs, going from league doormat to defending league champions.

“I think it will be a lot different,” he said, before launching into the explanation. "We run a little more open sets here. I think (in New York), when we ran (the ball), it’s kind of a little more downhill. Here, it’s kind of horizontal, reverses, misdirection, all types of things. Defenses don’t really know if you’re coming inside, outside or way outside. Screens, all types of things. In this offense, so many guys carry the ball so many directions, it’s kind of hard to prepare for one guy. I think that’s the biggest thing for me.”

Bell and the Chiefs visit the Denver Broncos on Sunday. After that, it’s a Bell reunion, as the Jets visit Kansas City for a Week 8 matchup.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It wasn't a parting shot. 

The headline wasn't what he said.  He didnt say he was happy to be BACK in a good offense 

He said he was happy to be IN A GOOD OFFENSE.  Didnt say he was in a bad offense in NY, even though everyone knows he was.

Man, thats not the same thing or insulting.  Medias pissed Bell wasn't insulting to the Jets and didnt bad mouth the team or his time in NY.  

Exactly. They've been desperate for Bell drama since day 1

• Upvote 4

The only thing I take umbrage with his comment is about not having too much pressure on him now. Like it or not, he held out and signed a big fat contract, so that pressure was self-inflicted. Don't feel bad for him there, but I wish him well. He was completely misused here.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The headline wasn't what he said.  He didnt say he was happy to be BACK in a good offense 

He said he was happy to be IN A GOOD OFFENSE.  Didnt say he was in a bad offense in NY, even though everyone knows he was.

Man, thats not the same thing or insulting.  Medias pissed Bell wasn't insulting to the Jets and didnt bad mouth the team or his time in NY.  

He also conceded that he can’t be the focal point of an offense anymore. And, in his initial presser, he called Mahomes “the first MVP-type QB” he’ll get to play with, which was a nice shot at Roethlisberger.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm old enough to remember when it was "a bad day" for Gase haters because Le'Veon Bell told a reporter he liked Adam Gase.

LOL

Yeah, check out this devastating broadside of Gase where Bell says that the two teams run different styles of offense. This ranks right up there with that ex-Dolphin guy who said the Dolphins “lacked an identity.” 

. I think (in New York), when we ran (the ball), it’s kind of a little more downhill. Here, it’s kind of horizontal, reverses, misdirection, all types of things.”

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Chiefs’ Le’Veon Bell takes parting shot at Jets: I’m happy to be back in a ‘good’ offense

Le'Veon Bell

Former New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell debuts this week with the Kansas City Chiefs.AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Gone, but not forgotten.

Chiefs running back Le’Veon Bell took a parting shot at the New York Jets on Wednesday, following his first workout in Kansas City. Per the Kansas City Star:

“It’s kind of just reinventing myself,” Bell said. “I played at a high level for so long. I’ve had two years where it’s not been on a high level. I just want to get back here, get my feet back under me, get in a good offense and get the ball when I can in some space. Not have too much pressure on me. Just go out there and play football. That’s really what I want to do. I think coming here is going to give me the opportunity to do that.”

A good offense. Yeah, that’s something Bell never had in his two seasons with the Jets, who released the disgruntled running back last week. Bell promptly signed a one-year deal with the Chiefs, going from league doormat to defending league champions.

“I think it will be a lot different,” he said, before launching into the explanation. "We run a little more open sets here. I think (in New York), when we ran (the ball), it’s kind of a little more downhill. Here, it’s kind of horizontal, reverses, misdirection, all types of things. Defenses don’t really know if you’re coming inside, outside or way outside. Screens, all types of things. In this offense, so many guys carry the ball so many directions, it’s kind of hard to prepare for one guy. I think that’s the biggest thing for me.”

Bell and the Chiefs visit the Denver Broncos on Sunday. After that, it’s a Bell reunion, as the Jets visit Kansas City for a Week 8 matchup.

That is not a parting shot.

That is the truth

• Upvote 2

I don’t see where he said anything wrong. Adam Gase has this team trending towards the worst offense in NFL history. Maybe players of Le’Veon Bell’s status publicly saying he’s finally in a good offense now should be all Chris Johnson needs to hear if he hasn’t seen enough already lol wtf is even going on here anymore. This team is clueless.

• Upvote 2

Bell walked out on the Steelers because he wanted to be paid bell cow money.  He signed with us to be the man getting all the carries.  Now he's happy to be paid like a bell cow running back and be one of many options with no pressure.

You want to be the man, get paid like the man, produce like the man.  Bell's comments at least is a recognition that he is no longer a prime time player, just a guy among many looking to contribute with no pressure.  

I view his comments as very telling, even he knows he's done,

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The headline isn't even what he said.  He didnt say he was happy to be BACK in a good offense 

The media distorting things with misleading and/or outright dishonest headlines . . . par for the course, sadly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The media distorting things with misleading and/or outright dishonest headlines . . . par for the course, sadly. 

This one is a double down.  Misrepresented what Bell said in the headline, outright lie actually and then continued that theme in the editorial part by repeating that it was a parting shot.  At least they clearly printed Bells words in quotes disproving the entire point of this nonsense piece 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Le'Veon Bell

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Gone, but not forgotten.

So basically he is happy...not really a shot at the Jets for saying what it is. KC will actaully run plays that give him a chance to work instead of just down the middle in stacked box. 

Good for him

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Bell walked out on the Steelers because he wanted to be paid bell cow money.  He signed with us to be the man getting all the carries.  Now he's happy to be paid like a bell cow running back and be one of many options with no pressure.

You want to be the man, get paid like the man, produce like the man.  Bell's comments at least is a recognition that he is no longer a prime time player, just a guy among many looking to contribute with no pressure.  

I view his comments as very telling, even he knows he's done,

your take is as bad a Gase playcalling

Have you seen any of the Jets games for the last two years? What are you talking about?

Bell is going to smash in KC because their coach is not an idiot and run plays that fits his players strengths...

Did you read his actaully comments? Seriously this is the my biggest annoyance with othe rJet fans,...no ackwoledgement of reality. You act like Bell was trash here despite giving it him all even when hurt. Despite the terrible playcalling and never being give a chance to win. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The headline isn't even what he said.  He didnt say he was happy to be BACK in a good offense 

He said he was happy TO BE IN A GOOD OFFENSE.  Didnt say he was in a bad offense in NY, even though everyone knows he was.

Fake news

• Upvote 1