Is our WR group in good shape for next year?

Pointdexter

Honestly, not a bad trio with all 3 healthy. Perriman has to be a re-sign, right?  He and Mims on the outside gives defenses problems with their mix of speed and size.

I would love to add Chase Surratt to the mix in this year's draft. Or Rondale Moore. Or Kyle Pitts. Just one more piece. But we're not far away at all and that one additional piece could actually make this group elite. Hard to believe I'm actually typing this but I think it's fair.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Honestly, not a bad trio with all 3 healthy. Perriman has to be a re-sign, right?  He and Mims on the outside gives defenses problems with their mix of speed and size.

I would love to add Chase Surratt to the mix in this year's draft. Or Rondale Moore. Or Kyle Pitts. Just one more piece. But we're not far away at all and that one additional piece could actually make this group elite. Hard to believe I'm actually typing this but I think it's fair.

It's a good start, I really like what Mims had shown and when healthy Perriman is another Robby.  The problem is he's never healthy.

The Jets I can be a really quick fix with a new staff and good health next year.

I like Mims, Perriman, and Crowder. But I prefer Perriman as our WR4. So no our WR group is still missing another starter. Get someone in FA and then add a TE and RB in the draft and our skill group will be in good shape.

We need at TE1. I had high hopes for Herndon, but it’s not working out. Get a TE and nice Herndon to TE2

• Upvote 1

Perriman is a free agent. Counting only those under crontact, we basically have

1. Mims
  2. Crowder
  3. Berrios
  4. Josh Doctson (on an "opt out" contract)

We need 1 more good WR - a high draft pick, re-sign Perriman, or get another good FA

And probably one more solid back up - a mid-round draftee or decent FA

Also I’d rather sign the free agent receiver and give us room for an early Edge or CB in the draft. Take the WR outside of round 1.
CB free agency is a mess of old (Patrick Peterson), injured (Chidobe Awuzie), or inconsistent (Bashaud Breeland). Edge is just super expensive (Shaq Barrett, Bud Dupree) or inconsistent (Clowney). 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

We are DEFINITELY signing a WR among a dozen other free agents as well, we have to spend the money in FA somewhere. 

We should keep:

Mims, Berrios, Crowder and 1 or 2 depth guys

Free Agency

Allen Robinson

Draft:

Chris Olave

Seriously doubt that they will bring in a high level FA, and then add another WR at the end of round 1 or 2.

No, not at all. Like to address it before we get into next season and act surprised our receiving core sucks again. Need true #1, need a solid receiving TE and couple depth contribution guys. We got a pretty solid looking. yet small sample size, possession receiver in Mims. A toss up the ball to guy. Dude fights for the ball in the air like I do for the  last wing ding at the Sizzler. Now we need a stud #1 to make sure he’s not doubled every play, 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

No. Mims and Crowder are the only receivers worth keeping

I think Perriman is worth keeping as a #4 WR behind Mims/Crowder and hopefully Allen Robinson. He is talented and can step in as a starter for a few games when the inevitable injury happens. 

After exploding  at the end of last year he was barely able to get a 1 year deal from the Jets so I doubt he will have significantly more suitors following this year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Aye, there’s the rub!

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Need another top 2 round rookie. Group is injury prone so we will always need extra bodies. Entire Jets organization is injury prone. Not sure Gase hasn’t been injured yet. Enemkpali needs to sucker punch him. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

We have seen the last 2 weeks, with even a competent QB, that this offense can move. The line is pass blocking better, but still need one more beast inside. Upgrading TE and RB will help add extra. 

Bingo. I think what is even more evident these last two games is just how bad Sam is/was. If we want to complete our mission, we need Sam back ASAP.....last two games were way too close. I mean this wholeheartedly.

• Upvote 2

I love Golladay's talent, but it seems like he's hurt all the time. I'd stay away from that.

I'm not really sold on any of the FA receivers. I'd try to resign Perriman and draft a TE if available. Although I will say that Herndon looked good at the end of the game yesterday.  Doesn't make up for the rest of the year though.

Mims and Crowder are two real good weapons when both are healthy at the same time.  I know Perriman is a polarizing player on here but I would be fine bringing him back.  Yes he is inconsistent and gets injured but can also be productive too.  Still need another real good WR.  The good news is that we have 3 picks in the top 33 as of now so you can get a nice weapon to go along with the other 3 and would be in pretty good shape.  Herndon really let me down.  I had a lot of faith in him being our TE for the future but the drops and off the fields stuff has made me lose faith so we need to address TE too

IMO the biggest issue is getting these guys on the field.  None of the receivers except maybe berries has played in every game this season and most have been out for long blocks of time.  We are just now seeing the receivers are actually pretty good.  If there’s a way to keep them healthy then the need to use a high draft pick on one is reduced.  Tight end is still an issue.  I don’t see where Herndon can be trusted game in and game out. And griffin just doesn’t seem to be the same after his injury last year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I love Golladay's talent, but it seems like he's hurt all the time. I'd stay away from that.

I'm not really sold on any of the FA receivers. I'd try to resign Perriman and draft a TE if available. Although I will say that Herndon looked good at the end of the game yesterday.  Doesn't make up for the rest of the year though.

Allen Robinson? Chris Godwin?