Sounds like Darnold starts on Sunday

GreekJet

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

How Jetsy would it be for Darnold to go on a run and win 3 games pushing us out of the top two slots?  

Well according to many on here there are no worries about that has darnold sucks and is far worse than flacco.  So in theory the tank should be in much better shape.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Well according to many on here there are no worries about that has darnold sucks and is far worse than flacco.  So in theory the tank should be in much better shape.

I happen to share that view, but SOJ would be Darnold turning into Montana for 3-4 weeks knocking us out of the Trevor derby and leaving us with a 4th year QB coming off a 3-13 campaign heading in 2021...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I happen to share that view, but SOJ would be Darnold turning into Montana for 3-4 weeks knocking us out of the Trevor derby and leaving us with a 4th year QB coming off a 3-13 campaign heading in 2021...

Should be no worriers of that Darnold is much worse than joe flacco.  You should be rejoicing rather than worrying.

• Upvote 1

I am surprised he is starting.  It will be interesting to see if Sam can get through this game without injury.  I sure hope he knows what he is doing.  He doesn't need to mess up his shoulder permanently. I guess he needs to show the rest of the league what he is capable of for trade purposes or are the Jets still evaluating him to make a decision about QB situation.  Sam looks miserable 

image.png.df47a761dec862fd8389821bc4b31e99.png

38 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

I am surprised he is starting.  It will be interesting to see if Sam can get through this game without injury.  I sure hope he knows what he is doing.  He doesn't need to mess up his shoulder permanently. I guess he needs to show the rest of the league what he is capable of for trade purposes or are the Jets still evaluating him to make a decision about QB situation.  Sam looks miserable 

image.png.df47a761dec862fd8389821bc4b31e99.png

he looks like a kid that got "called out"   has to go to the fight after shcool where he kows he is gonna get his ass whooped.

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Thank God. Flacco was making me nervous 

Either are capable of winning a game.  Put both on IR. DO SOMETHING. Trade Flacco to a team that needs a QB or a backup QB in a playoff race.  Put Darnold on IR .  Neither should see the field again in 2020.  Sign Fales/Falk/White and start Morgan. 0-16 is a MUST.

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2020 at 3:33 PM, peekskill68 said:

How Jetsy would it be for Darnold to go on a run and win 3 games pushing us out of the top two slots?  

If so, they should keep Sam and pivot to Jamarr Chase.  Then go get Allen Robinson.   It'd be those two and Mims, along with Crowder.  Give Sam a new coach who can give Sam a fresh start with those WRs and another addition or two on the o-line.  They have the cap room, it can definitely be done.

The real value to landing the top pick is to lure a culture-changing head coach here who can turn this franchise around.  I'm cool with either Lawrence or Darnold as long as we can get a coach to remove the stench.

I personally don't see the Jets as an unattractive job with all the picks and the cap room.  They aren't tied up in many bad contracts, the flexibility is there.  They just have the worst coaching staff in football right now and were devoid of talent at the skill positions for the first half of the season, and it showed.  In the second half of the season they have been competitive and will continue to be as long as the WRs stay healthy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1