How do we feel after the Sugar Bowl about the #2 pick?

Icer

With the #2 pick  

138 members have voted

1. 1. With the #2 pick

• Draft Justin Fields
    • Draft Zach Wilson
    • Draft Penei Sewell
    • Trade the Pick

We have to take a QB, it’s the most important position in sports. You have a chance to do just that and be brought into the contemporary NFL. I don’t see a head coach candidate not wanting to build with his guy. 
we have a lot of draft capital to build the team and a ton of cap space. Reset the qb clock and build it.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

Any of the options where we take a QB, there's some serious QB talent to be had.

Too early to know who it will be due to combine, pro days, declarations and meetings. However I trust Douglas to take the guy who he thinks is right for the job. 

• Upvote 3

Of course everyone is going to pick Fields but Wilson is still the better prospect. He has a more NFL ready game in a lot of ways.

I think the more interesting thing really is that Lawrence looked VERY ordinary tonight. In fact he has looked ordinary in his last 3 big games. NFL talent evaluators are not dumb, it could really affect his draft ratings.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Of course everyone is going to pick Fields but Wilson is still the better prospect. He has a more NFL ready game in a lot of ways.

I think the more interesting thing really is that Lawrence looked VERY ordinary tonight. In fact he has looked ordinary in his last 3 big games. NFL talent evaluators are not dumb, it could really affect his draft ratings.

Hmmm The last time I heard that said it was about Josh Rosen..:blink:

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Idk if you know this. But Sam Darnold is only 23. Still very young!

Sam is young but he'll be on the last year of his contract.  We should go with a rookie,  whether it's Fields or Wilson,  who gives us more upside at this point.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Sam is young but he'll be on the last year of his contract.  We should go with a rookie,  whether it's Fields or Wilson,  who gives us more upside at this point.

We are resetting the clock on QB, I’m hoping we can mug a team for a 3rd or better for Darnold the reclamation project.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Mac was a scout 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

This was perfect for the jets .. Fields value just skyrocketed... trade the pick for a ransom ... fall back to 6-8 ... take Wilson.

Easiest decision ever.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Having not seen Wilson play would you say he checks all the boxes as Fields and Lawrence? I know the level of competition is different; but in terms of arm strength, accuracy, pocket awareness, touch, competitiveness, football IQ, leadership and athletic ability is he equal. 
If the answer is yes, JD has to consider trading down. However if they do there is no guarantee that a team can’t jump trade into Miami’s spot and take your QB. 

JD would be playing Russian roulette. if he gets cute he could regret it. 

• Upvote 1

Having not seen Wilson play would you say he checks all the boxes as Fields and Lawrence? I know the level of competition is different; but in terms of arm strength, accuracy, pocket awareness, touch, competitiveness, football IQ, leadership and athletic ability is he equal. 
If the answer is yes, JD has to consider trading down. However if they do there is no guarantee that a team can’t jump trade into Miami’s spot and take your QB. 
JD would be playing Russian roulette. if he gets cute he could regret it. 
Wilson's arm, accuracy and IQ have been elite. He is also EXCEPTIONALLY SMOOTH.

He has some mobility .. but hes no Fields.

I think hes the best prospect not named Lawrence... he is in the conversation to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Undecided.

I still see much value in drafting the Elite Tackle.

Fields was very impressive last night.

And a trade for multiple high picks over multiple years has clear value to a talent-deficient roster.

It's good to have multiple "good" choices available.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

When you have the #2 overall pick and you still have questions at QB after 3 years and a lot of draft picks to continue building, you take a QB when there are 2 (maybe 3) top ones. 

Sam (although not a!l his fault) has not proven to be worth the $25 million plus 5th year option. The economics of football tell you to get another QB on a rookie contract

• Upvote 1