Report: Seahawks management not happy with Russell Wilson

mrcoops

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/11/report-seahawks-management-not-happy-with-russell-wilson/

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 11, 2021, 4:46 AM EST

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson showed rare candor this week when he went on the Dan Patrick Show and said, among other things, that he’s frustrated by getting hit too much and that he’s not sure if he’s available in a trade. That may have rubbed Seahawks management the wrong way.

Patrick said on his show the day after Wilson’s appearance that he heard from a source that the Seahawks aren’t happy with Wilson for taking his frustrations public.

“A source told me that the Seahawks’ management is not happy with Russell Wilson and his camp for taking this to the media,” Patrick said. “You wonder if they’re going to be able to co-exist. . . . The current situation is not sustainable. That’s what I was told.”

If Wilson isn’t happy with the Seahawks, and the Seahawks aren’t happy with Wilson, a trade would make a lot of sense. The betting odds have the Raiders and the Cowboys as the most likely destinations for Wilson. There was a time when Wilson looked like he’d be the Seahawks’ franchise quarterback for many years to come, but they may now be heading for a divorce.

Interesting...

In the (very) unlikely event that the Seahawks decide to trade Wilson, what would it cost to get him?

Allegedly, the Seahawks considered trading him to Cleveland for the #1 pick in 2018 with the intention of drafting Josh Allen as his replacement.

Personally, I'd happily send the #2 pick to Seattle for a QB of Wilson's calibre. He's been a great QB since day 1, he continues to play at an elite level at age 32, seems to be indestructible and wants to play until he's 45.

• Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, yocousinvinny said:

Let the toxicity sweep through the organization. That 2021 pick is all that matters to me oh and depriving Jamal of success. 

Oh that would in some way be the most hilarious sh!t ever. hey Jamal. Yeah we’re trading Wilson, Seahawks fall to an average to below average team and Jamal still isn’t paid. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

Oh that would in some way be the most hilarious sh!t ever. hey Jamal. Yeah we’re trading Wilson, Seahawks fall to an average to below average team and Jamal still isn’t paid. 

If they don't like Wilson talking wait till jappering  Jamal starts whining.. Maybe a Wilson/Jamal trade in a package deal to the Cowboys..LOL

• Haha 1

Me: "Don't you love when other organizations have disgruntled Quarterback problems?" Everyone else: "We should only have a disguntled Wilson or Watson problem." Me: "No, we shouldn't. It's still a disgruntled Quarterback problem . . . but on the Jets." Everyone else, eyebrows knitting together, eyes narrowing: "Did you just punk me?" Me: "No."

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being Wilson, getting sacked five times per game because your GM makes it a sport to go cheap on OL every offseason, and then you watch him trade two firsts and a third for a sh*tty strong safety who wants $20 mil per year. I’d be furious.

It’s unbelievable. He dislikes Jamal Adams even more than you!

• Upvote 2

This is like being mad at your dog for chewing up your favorite hat.  You're mad and you let him know it, 20 minutes later he's licking your face and you're telling him how much you love him.

Wilson aint going nowhere.  They were 12-4 and won the division.  Their offense was dominant the first half of the season.  And they've invested in the offense plenty; they've taken G's in the 1st, C's in the 2nd, RB's in the 1st, WR's in the 2nd....Brown and Ogehbi are both former 1st round picks on the OL and picked up a potential HOF'er in Iupati.  

They love each other.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being Wilson, getting sacked five times per game because your GM makes it a sport to go cheap on OL every offseason, and then you watch him trade two firsts and a third for a sh*tty strong safety who wants $20 mil per year. I’d be furious.

You could have replaced sh*tty with quality and your point would still be valid. Gilding the lilly.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wilson aint going nowhere.  They were 12-4 and won the division.  Their offense was dominant the first half of the season.  And they've invested in the offense plenty; they've taken G's in the 1st, C's in the 2nd, RB's in the 1st, WR's in the 2nd....Brown and Ogehbi are both former 1st round picks on the OL and picked up a potential HOF'er in Iupati.  

They've been making moves of a win now team.  

As they should with the talent level they've put together and the fact that their HC will be 70 years old at the very beginning of the 2021 season 

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

I’d be pissed too if I was Seattle. What more does the guy want? He’s won a super bowl, been to it twice, and is in the playoffs every year. 

What? Take Wilson off that team and they barely have more wins than us. 

If Wilson is your franchise QB, you protect him. They have neglected the offensive line ever since Wilson has been on the team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Interesting...

In the (very) unlikely event that the Seahawks decide to trade Wilson, what would it cost to get him?

Allegedly, the Seahawks considered trading him to Cleveland for the #1 pick in 2018 with the intention of drafting Josh Allen as his replacement.

Personally, I'd happily send the #2 pick to Seattle for a QB of Wilson's calibre. He's been a great QB since day 1, he continues to play at an elite level at age 32, seems to be indestructible and wants to play until he's 45.

Not interested.  He is a great talent but this years draft has 4 first round prospects and we will only miss out on one of them. We should be able to draft a QB.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Would be even better if Darnold somehow ends up in Seattle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I am not sure I want him, and there's no way I'd give up the 2nd pick in the 2021 Draft for him. He's 32 years old. I hope he's traded though, and the Seahawks bottom out making that Seahawks 1st rounder we own in 2022 a top 5 pick. 

Wilson for Darnold and a 3rd. Get a couple FA OL (Thuney, Lindsey) draft a RT Leatherwood and Wilson can sit back there and catch up on his knitting. 

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Interesting...

It's tempting but I would rather invest in someone younger. 

But it sure would be great if he leaves and the Jets' Seattle pick in 2022 turns into a top ten pick.  If/when he gets traded, how long before Jamal starts whining on Twitter?

• Upvote 1