Zach Wilson practicing for the pro day

Jetsbb

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well technically, so is Michael Jordan.

Michael Jordan, retired actor of Space Jam fame, major sports franchise owner, iconic sneaker and logo muse, successful brand named after him, also: a country and river.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don't like to criticize everything Wilson does, but I honestly can't remember a prospect's dad posting videos on Twitter to drive up draft prospects. Maybe it happens frequently and I'm not aware of it, but I find it tacky as hell. 

With the cesspool of sh*t that goes up on Twitter every day, you consider a few clips of Wilson practicing to be tacky? Lol. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

With the cesspool of sh*t that goes up on Twitter every day, you consider a few clips of Wilson practicing to be tacky? Lol. 

Welcome to the draft process in 2021. It’s all a way to build hype around a prospect. How’s this any different than a video of 300 LB lineman jumping out of a pool? This is the kind of stuff that builds a guys brand in 2021. 

Rashawn Slaters camp posted a video of him front squatting a sh*t a ton of weight from a couple of years ago for the same reasons. It’s all part of the draft

I think the Jets and Joe Douglas are actually genius in this whole game right now and seeing how things are playing out I might award him GM of the year for this.  He is using the NY media well and his national contacts to promote Zach Wilson off the charts.  Building the most intrigue and hype to trade that pick.  Lets go back to Adam Schefters tweet a few weeks back before all of the wilson hype.  "The Jets are expected to make a big trade."  Moving forward the snow ball effect went into place regarding Wilson.  Daniel Jeremiah who was Douglas college roommate and long time friend and former Ravens can easily build the intrigue on a national media level.  Teams that need a QB will easily be swayed by the arm talent and interviews.  

Think about it, this year their was no on campus scouting, there was no combine and scouts and teams are clamoring for any information they could find.  Why not let the Jets feed this information to promote the kid and get a boat load of picks to trade that #2 pick and as Douglas loves to do...Build through the draft.  If San Francisco is hot for Darnold to run their offense, we will be running that same offense.  In Wilsons case, Parcells always believed that a QB needed 4 years of college to grow and develop.  Darnold who we drafted at 20 years old showed promise his rookie year and then we hired Gase and we know how that went.  Now 23 Darnold has NFL experience and will have proper coaching and an offense that fits his play.  While we have seen other players from his draft class have early success going to the playoffs, they had teams built around them with playmakers but they only got their teams so far.  Which also tells me not to look short sighted on Darnold who could have the better career out of all of the other QBs in his draft class if you build around him.

Wilson is intriguing, so was Wharfs jumping out of a pool.  Wharfs has a Super Bowl ring with a QB that was drafted in the 6th round so build that offensive line, trade your #2 pick, and go "gas and no brakes" with a Team to be proud of.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, chad2coles said:

Because it turned out that milf had a penis and that 20 year old looks like she might have an Adam’s apple. Meanwhile there’s top 5 proven grade a 25 year old vagina available. 

sure, all you gotta do is buy her a house, a corvette and put yourself in the poor house spoiling her and then she'll give you some......but she'll never really like you 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

What I can't shake is this sense that there is a massive campaign afoot to promote Wilson.  We haven't heard a WORD about Trevor Lawrence since the end of the college football season.  Yes, it's a certainty he's going to JAX but it's eerily quiet on that front.  We don't hear much about Fields...or Jones....or any other draft prospect.  But it's all-Wilson, all-day, coming from so many directions.  Something about it makes me very distrustful that the whole thing feels like 'trying too hard'.  It's probably an extension of the general oversaturation of media anyway, but I'm leery of how lopsided the coverage seems to be lately.

While this is correct from a media/fan standpoint, I really hope that JD sees about 1/10th of the hype.  Aside from having NFL network on in the building, its not like JD and the other personnel guys are reading McShay's mock draft or this message board and allowing it to influence their decision.

They part of the hype that is legitimate is that the reporters who are connected to various GMs are getting information that puts Wilson in the top 5/10.  Why its all wilson and not more fields im not sure.

8 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don't like to criticize everything Wilson does, but I honestly can't remember a prospect's dad posting videos on Twitter to drive up draft prospects. Maybe it happens frequently and I'm not aware of it, but I find it tacky as hell. 

Wait this is really happening?

5 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Welcome to the draft process in 2021. It’s all a way to build hype around a prospect. How’s this any different than a video of 300 LB lineman jumping out of a pool? This is the kind of stuff that builds a guys brand in 2021. 

Rashawn Slaters camp posted a video of him front squatting a sh*t a ton of weight from a couple of years ago for the same reasons. It’s all part of the draft

To be fair that is insane and Wirfs could be pound for pound the best athlete in the league.

The hate for this guy on the board boils down to...

His hair, he looks like a "twink", he is actually 5'9" and his pics are photoshopped, he took two girls to prom, his parents are rich, he is a snob, he wasnt a captain, he is only 220lbs... etc etc. 

...has me absolutely convinced he will turn out to be a god damn star. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Pro day is even more useless than the combine.  If you see a prospect shooting up the draft board due to pro day or the combine, it has little to do with how that prospect plays football on the field.

Watch the game tape.  If it isn't there on the game tape, it never will be.

9 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Really hard to tell from the angle, but how far was that 3rd throw? I couldn't tell if the receiver got it or how the placement was, but that throw looked really deep to me 

Would Daddy Wilson post anything that wasn’t perfect?

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Man this guy gives me Ivan Drago test tube athlete vibes.  I really don't want him.  The Jets are going to take him. 

Then I'll have to swallow my doubt and turn it inside out, find nothing but faith in nothing.

Props for the Eve6 lyrics . 

I am excited about the prospect of landing Wilson. From everything I’ve watched this kid has the skill-set to do well as a pro and hopefully as a Jet. As nice a guy as Sam is, I don’t really get the desire to hang in to him. I hope he does well elsewhere but, new coaches, new GM ... time to re-boot at QB and move forward. Adding Aaron Jones in the backfield would be nice too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

The hate for this guy on the board boils down to...

His hair, he looks like a "twink", he is actually 5'9" and his pics are photoshopped, he took two girls to prom, his parents are rich, he is a snob, he wasnt a captain, he is only 220lbs... etc etc. 

...has me absolutely convinced he will turn out to be a god damn star. 

If the Jets pass on this guy you can probably take it to the bank that he will be Rookie of the Year