The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I know a lot of gurus were high on Moore, but I think Jenkins, Humphrey, or an EDGE would fill more pressing holes on the roster. Just don’t get the urgency to replace Crowder.

My guess....

Douglas really wanted to go offense and he was at the top of their board.  At this point it's possible have OL wasn't on their board at 34.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Crowder is gone after this season. The Jets are building a team for the long haul, not for 2021.  You are smarter than that.

who gives a sh*t.. if there's 1 position you don't stress about a year ahead of time - it's SLOT WR

Are you kidding me? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know a lot of gurus were high on Moore, but I think Jenkins, Humphrey, or an EDGE would fill more pressing holes on the roster. Just don’t get the urgency to replace Crowder.

They’re not replacing Crowder so much as adding a playmaker. I’m not sure if they’re getting three guys they have long-term on the field but I’d guess yes. Plus think they can move Moore all over.

It’s kind of uncommon to get a guy who’s explosive and a good route runner and has hands. I think the only downside is he’s small. It’s very odd to have a pick that seems safe but runs 4.35.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

As always Jets fans underappreciate their good players. Seen it with Robby, seeing it with Crowder.

Awful fan base.

Like with seemingly everything you're really upset about it ?.... but I totally agree with you Crowder is the adult in the room. He's a solid professional who produces and is reliable. I was happy when we picked him up and I am still a fan.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

My dude... When was the last time Jets and Explosive Playmaker were in the same sentence that wasn’t joined by “need an,” “lack an,” or “signed Leveon Bell to be an?”

Just let us have this one.

no. not this one. we could have gone 10x directions, instead we drafted the only position we got production out of last year. Literally. 

• Upvote 1

PFF has Moore 22nd overall

You won’t find a slot receiver with more tough catches on tape than Moore. He hauled in 73% of his contested catch opportunities this past season during his 1,193-yard campaign. That physicality makes me think he can hack it on the outside in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Comparison isn't on height.  It's on position. 

Can't spend 11mil and a 34th overall pick on slot receiver.

You can't look at position.  He's a home run hitter that can score on any play.  He's explosive. Let's not get bogged down in position. 

I don't care where he lines up - he's going to be a playmaker that defenses will have to pay a lot of attention to.

We should get past this idea of "filling positions". It's about finding explosiveness...that's how the game is played right now.

Sludging down the field is not how you win anymore - it's hitting on big plays.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Great pick.  Wanted Javonte but Moore is a great pick.  JD drafts three first-round caliber players.  Definitely moves the offense forward.  Most likely done for tonight but tomorrow he needs to prove his chops with some solid late round additions.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

They’re not replacing Crowder so much as adding a playmaker. I’m not sure if they’re getting three guys they have long-term on the field but I’d guess yes. Plus think they can move Moore all over.

It’s kind of uncommon to get a guy who’s explosive and a good route runner and has hands. I think the only downside is he’s small. It’s very odd to have a pick that seems safe but runs 4.35.

So, I think the falloff from Elijah Moore to Rondale Moore or Dwayne Eskridge probably isn’t as steep as the falloff from Teven Jenkins to whatever RT/RG prospect will be available in 4. And you could have just rode with Crowder for one more year. Maybe E Moore is a freak like Tyreek Hill, but I was hoping for more OL

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Comparison isn't on height.  It's on position. 

Can't spend 11mil and a 34th overall pick on slot receiver.

You have more flexibility when you just drafted a rookie qb who comes with a rookie contract.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

You can't look at position.  He's a home run hitter that can score on any play.  He's explosive. Let's not get bogged down in position. 

I don't care where he lines up - he's going to be a playmaker that defenses will have to pay a lot of attention to.

We should get past this idea of "filling positions". It's about finding explosiveness...that's how the game is played right now.

Sludging down the field is not how you win anymore - it's hitting on big plays.

Sure, but I still think Crowder is gone.