The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

/////adds  Pac on the list of posters (him and IJ) who think Perrine is getting cut by the GM that took him the same round as Carter just last season

I never said cut but certainly becomes a bubble guy.  Even if he stays on he'll take a back seat to Carter.

BTW, Trey Smith tweeted "Will never forget" about his fall in the draft.  I know lots of guys says stuff like that every year, but I feel for a guy who has such a freak medical condition ruin his draft status. He might be a huge steal for some team.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

New York Jets 2021 NFL Draft Picks:

• Round 1: No. 2 – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
  • Round 1: No. 13 (from MIN) – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
  • Round 2: No. 34 – Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
  • Round 4: No. 107 – Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina 
  • Round 4: No. 143
  • Round 5: No. 146 
  • Round 5: No. 154 
  • Round 6: No. 186 

3 picks within a 11-pick span. Pretty awesome. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Dan Mullen run game is all about outside and stretch zone schemes.  Perrine excelled.  He was an every down back, did everything, 3rd down beast, incredible out of the back field.  Seems like a much better fit from the antiquated, lack of motion, play action, style of zone scheme that Gase ran.

Excelled? Are you talking about college? Speed to the edge in college is not the same as in the NFL. He looked very slow in the NFL. Like slower than Gore. 

Late Carter thoughts. I wanted a home run hitter but Carter will create big plays - just not touchdowns. Not bad.

Other than that, the big weakness is that he needs to be a committee back. But I’d rather they use a committee anyway. And they drafted him in a great spot to add a good committee back.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

Late Carter thoughts. I wanted a home run hitter but Carter will create big plays - just not touchdowns. Not bad.

Other than that, the big weakness is that he needs to be a committee back. But I’d rather they use a committee anyway. And they drafted him in a great spot to add a good committee back.

The “system” is geared towards a committee approach.  Not surprised there will be a crowded RB room. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

BTW, Trey Smith tweeted "Will never forget" about his fall in the draft.  I know lots of guys says stuff like that every year, but I feel for a guy who has such a freak medical condition ruin his draft status. He might be a huge steal for some team.

Take a flyer on him in round six. The desperation and mental makeup of a guy who played despite having two PEs at such a young age is incredible. Hope he has a good career and stays healthy. Many players would retire. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The “system” is geared towards a committee approach.  Not surprised there will be a crowded RB room. 

I feel like the outside zone teams usually pick their guy and roll with him, even if just game by game when there are injuries in season. But I’m in on a committee.

10 Picks until we are back on the clock with 3 of the next 11

Here are 12 Possibilities I like for that little run....

1. Israel Mukuamu DB South Carolina
  2. Shakur Brown CB Michigan State
  3. Charles Snowden Edge UVA
  4. Dylan Moses LB Alabama
  5. Cameron McGrone LB Michigan
  6. Kary Vincent CB LSU
  7. Buddy Johnson LB TAMU
  8. Tyree Gillespie S Missouri
  9. Jaylen Twyman DL Pitt
  10. Kenny Yeboah TE Mississippi
  11. Stone Forsythe OL Florida
  12. Brevin Jordan TE Stanford