Would you welcome Jamal Adams back home as a JET (under J.D and now, coach Saleh)?

Jamal should be looked at as a 3 down running back with a lot of mileage on him.   He started 16 games in his first 2 years 14 in year 3 and 12 last year.   He's the type of player who could easily fall off a cliff like Todd Gurley or David Johnson.   In the box safeties tend to get a lot of mileage on them quickly.   I would take him back but it would not be for a big money long term deal.  I suspect he goes to Dallas if he gets through next season healthy.  

No way do I pay him big bucks long term.  He's probably got a couple of more solid years in him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

American Football GIF by New York Jets

Hey man. 

I'm an FSU fan and wanted Dalvin Cook who we passed on and went immediately after that Gator above. 

But I'm sure you wanted Patrick Mahomes over Jamal Adams. So you got me there; unless you wanted Watson who may never play again. 

But yes. I'd love love love for Marcus Maye to become 

A.) Multiple Pro Bowl Safety under Saleh. 

B.) Make multiple All Pro teams under Saleh @ Safety. 

C.) Trade Maye to a contender for TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS.

D.) In order to give ZACH WILSON more offensive weapons @ O-line and TE and use our 3rd on another WR. 

???

Got ya.

No, that ship has sailed.  Adams plays a non-premium position and wants
to be paid like a pass rusher.  He's a luxury, a properly constructed
roster will have their high paid defenders at pass rusher and CB

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow look at all these people who think Jamal Adams sucks now. What a novel and unforeseeable turn of events 

Besides paying any attention at all over the last 4 years, I don't know how anyone could have predicted it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, KRL said:

No, that ship has sailed.  Adams plays a non-premium position and wants
to be paid like a pass rusher.  He's a luxury, a properly constructed
roster will have their high paid defenders at pass rusher and CB

The market will define his next contract value. I mean I want to be paid like a CEO but it ain't happening.

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

No, he utterly disrespected the fan base and franchise. 

SOME PEOPLE NEVER LEARN:

Your reminder of the following Jamal Adams stats from the 2020 season:

• 0 INT's
  • 3 Passes Deflected
  • 59 Solo Tackles
  • 1 Forced Fumble
  • Completion % allowed:  78.3 (25th worst of any defensive player in the NFL)
  • Yards per target allowed:  9.5 (33rd worst)
  • QB Rating against:  106.3 (91st worst)

And keep in mind that his 9.5 sacks this season required 98 blitz attempts, 7th most in the NFL.  For comparison purposes, T.J. Watt blitzed 97 times, but got 15.0 Sacks.  Watt also had 1 INT and 7 Pass Deflections, plus 2 Forced Fumbles.

And unlike Watt, when Adams failed to get to the QB, he left the secondary position he was leaving exposed.  Hence a big reason why the Seattle defense allowed the 2nd most pass yards and tied for the most passing first downs allowed in the league this year.  

Two firsts and a 3rd, baby!  Pay that man his $18M per! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Jamal Adams is a GREAT player as much as I hate to admit that.  I'm happy with Vera-Tucker and a first for him but I'd love to have his talent and energy on the team.  He moves at a different speed and energy than everybody on the field.  He disrupts games and is very active and his coverage abilities were good enough and a little under rated imo.

That said, he burned the bridge down to ashes.  There's no coming back from how he exited.  He insulted JD as a man saying he lied to him which JD never did.  He's smart and is a competitor and is not a thug in the slightest but he has poor character.  He'll never be a Jet again and I'm glad for it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Jamal isn't coming back here. he wanted the jets to pay him 20 mil a year and that's the real reason he got traded.

Maybe Jamal wanted 20 mil a year so he could wash the stink away from having to play for a team that had terrible coaching and a garbage roster?

I would take Jamal back for a reasonable contract.  Reasonable for Jamal would be around $14 Million per year.  

First of all it’s kind of interesting to see how he STILL has not reached a contract extension with Seattle. He’s set to hit the open market next off-season. It’d almost be poetic justice if we somehow got him back to sign in the $8m range per season. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

First of all it’s kind of interesting to see how he STILL has not reached a contract extension with Seattle. He’s set to hit the open market next off-season. It’d almost be poetic justice if we somehow got him back to sign in the $8m range per season. 

Signing a 3 time pro bowler who is still young for $8 Mil per year is ridiculous, and of course will not happen.

Let's be real, and hopefully can get Jamal back in the $12- $14 million dollar range, although I think $14 Million is more like scenario.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Wow look at all these people who think Jamal Adams sucks now. What a novel and unforeseeable turn of events 

Now now Tom. Nobody likes an "I told you so'er"

Even if you did.

Did you happen to consider his intangibles by any chance?

• Haha 2

Funny how Adams has not received a contract extension yet from Seattle.  When is that happening?  And when is Adams going to start shooting his way out of Seattle if it doesn't come soon?  With all of the DBs the Jets just drafted, what is the justification for bringing Adams back?  And at what price?  It's not happening.  And Defense Wins Championships, you need an editor. Your posts are  just too damn long.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Funny how Adams has not received a contract extension yet from Seattle.  When is that happening?  And when is Adams going to start shooting his way out of Seattle if it doesn't come soon?  With all of the DBs the Jets just drafted, what is the justification for bringing Adams back?  And at what price?  It's not happening.  And Defense Wins Championships, you need an editor. Your posts are  just too damn long.  

The disrespect meter is nudging upwards in Jamal-land for sure.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

haha this thread op has just dropped the troliest of troll threads lol

THESE people are TRIGGERED by Jamal, its hilarious watching their meltdowns. 

And yet you turned yourself into one of "THESE people are TRIGGERED by Jamal, its hilarious"

• Upvote 1