Saleh to Rex: “you know where to find me”

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Kind of lame Saleh stooped to Rex's level and gave the media a classic Rex type of response.  He needs to be better than that and not give them something to print.  This isnt a story if it's just Rex running his mouth, it's a story because Saleh responded and will get blown out of proportion now because it was seemingly a challenge to fisticuffs. 

If the Jets get cooked up by the Dolphins, everyone is running to Rex now and ESPN is going to be wall-to-wall Rex Ryan. Prior to today, Rex was basically collecting dust on ESPN Ocho. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Kind of lame Saleh stooped to Rex's level and gave the media a classic Rex type of response.  He needs to be better than that and not give them something to print.  This isnt a story if it's just Rex running his mouth, it's a story because Saleh responded and will get blown out of proportion now because it was seemingly a challenge to fisticuffs. 

Agreed.   This will just fuel Rex to keep running his mouth, and now Saleh’s brother chiming in will escalate it some more.   This is the last thing Saleh really needs at this point.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, Rex only fed one of them stories. Why would they side with him?

Because they were all jealous that Manish had cultivated an actual source and the word “Manish” was trending every day on Jets Twitter, while guys like Costello and Hughes couldn’t buy an retweet. This is a dead season where nobody cares about the team, especially now that the Mike White boomlet is over. But Rex v Saleh will fill up a bunch of column space.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Robert Saleh is one of the - young head coaches in the league. This is correct.

He hasn't shown anything to be classified as one of the best.

I'm convinced Joe W. Namath is either a parody account or he is an undiscovered talent as a motivational speaker on par with Tony Robbins. 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Just out of curiosity, how is he supposed to do an interview without the media?

Poorly worded post. My point is Saleh needs to just ignore what's being said about him and the team. Responding to the media, and Rex of all people isn't helping anything. Just coach the team.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because they were all jealous that Manish had cultivated an actual source and the word “Manish” was trending every day on Jets Twitter, while guys like Costello and Hughes couldn’t buy an retweet. This is a dead season where nobody cares about the team, especially now that the Mike White boomlet is over. But Rex v Saleh will fill up a bunch of column space.

Fair. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Lith said:

Saleh's best response, imo, should have been something along the lines of -- the way my team is performing, I deserve all of the criticism I get, and until we get this going in the right direction, any media criticism is fair.

Wrong, the only way to deal with a bully is to bully back. Saleh needs to fight back. His career is on the line, not Rex’s.

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Wrong, the only way to deal with a bully is to bully back. Saleh needs to fight back. His career is on the line, not Rex’s.

His career will be based on wins and losses on the field (which there have not been enough of the former and too many of the latter).  No reason to get in a pissing match with the media -- and I use that term loosely with respect to Rex.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rex Ryan is pathetic.  There is a reason no nfl team would hire him to even hand out water and Robert Saleh is one of the best, young head coaches in the league.

Rex is and always has been a total clown.  And he is still playing that part.

Saleh looks incompetent.  Period.

Stop it.

Just now, Lith said:

His career will be based on wins and losses on the field (which there have not been enough of the former and too many of the latter).  No reason to get in a pissing match with the media -- and I use that term loosely with respect to Rex.  

It’s year one. Relax. I hate watching them suck toilet water just like you.

Rookie head coach + rookie offensive coordinator + rookie defensive coordinator + rookie QB = crappy football. I wish it wasn’t.

But getting back to Saleh and Rex, it’s good to see a backbone and his brother was ? percent factual.

Remember the Snoopy bowl?

nuff said.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets get cooked up by the Dolphins, everyone is running to Rex now and ESPN is going to be wall-to-wall Rex Ryan. Prior to today, Rex was basically collecting dust on ESPN Ocho. 

I dont know what show he does, or whatever but I fully seeing them dedicating an entire bit to Rex so he can go off if this happens.