Joe Judge fired

johnnyjet

45 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Im confused. They met with him yesterday, basically announced they’d let the new GM decide, and now suddenly changed their minds? Talk about ownership without any conviction and huge rabbit ears…..

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What GM candidate worth a damn is going to take a job where they're saddled with a lame duck coach?

Absolute no brainer to get rid of Judge if Gettleman was out 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

From his actions the passed couple of weeks, it was obvious that Judge wanted to

desperately keep his job...

No need to revel in his misery...

Joe Judge is, was, and will be, a clown show. I revel in his throwback stupidity as a head coach. He deserved what he got. Perhaps the Dolphins could use him?

• Upvote 1

If I were JD and Saleh, I would not sleep easy tonight...the franchise that shares the building pulled the plug on a GM and coach after 4 years and 2 years respectively...this upcoming draft better produce impactful starters right away and the record has to be at least .500...Woody always says the arrow has to be moving up and now has cover to make moves next year if they don't meet those goals.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

OOooh ouch! This guy from the Post really digs into the owners. The Johnson brothers don't seem as bad as these guys, from this vantage point: 

Bit*hslap ... 

Considering Mara and Tisch are the equivalents of Woody's kids running the place now.  At least their fathers were football guys who knew what they were doing.  This is proof that money doesn't buy brains or skill, even with a lifetime of training and limitless money.  I'm terrified Woody will keep them in the family instead of letting some new dipstick billionaire who is willing to buy my love with titles give it a shot.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bungaman said:

OOooh ouch! This guy from the Post really digs into the owners. The Johnson brothers don't seem as bad as these guys, from this vantage point: 

Bit*hslap ... 

good article.

interesting part is how Mara butted in and stopped the rebuild. we went this far lets hope Woody doesnt do the same. 

anytime ownership forces the GM to do anything it never works.

Coming out of the 2020 season, however, the impatient Giants decided it was time to abandon the long-term plan and go for it. They overspent on Leonard Williams, Kenny Golladay, Adoree Jackson and Kyle Rudolph. They decided they could win the NFC East.

• Upvote 2

What GM candidate worth a damn is going to take a job where they're saddled with a lame duck coach?

Absolute no brainer to get rid of Judge if Gettleman was out 

Completely agree. My point was they met with him yesterday and came out of that meeting with the message they would let the new GM decide. Now they changed their mind?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Flores is a perfect fit for this job.

Damn Giants are going to luck into a good coach.

There are better openings available ... he'll likely have more than one option. Why would he choose the Giants in particular?

12 hours ago, doitny said:

i love Rex, he cant go to the Giants...

actually, i dont think they would hire someone like Rex. 

1st he is a big part of Jets History. i dont see the Giants taking an ex Jet.

2nd, after what i heard about Mara not liking How Judge called out the WFT and how he talked to the media he cant hire Rex. he is a controversy a minute. Rex acts like that all day long.

i know there is some Rex hate on this board but i dont care. i still say he is one of the best Jet HCs in history. he is ours, let the Giants get there own guy.

I would pretty much give every dollar i have ever earned to see that happen. The only better landing spot for Rex would be NE.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, doitny said:

good article.

interesting part is how Mara butted in and stopped the rebuild. we went this far lets hope Woody doesnt do the same. 

anytime ownership forces the GM to do anything it never works.

Coming out of the 2020 season, however, the impatient Giants decided it was time to abandon the long-term plan and go for it. They overspent on Leonard Williams, Kenny Golladay, Adoree Jackson and Kyle Rudolph. They decided they could win the NFC East.

The Johnsons did this already. 

This was inevitable.  The fans and media were all over it and the Giants made the right decision, even if it was 2 days late.   They probably believe it was a year premature.  But Joe Judge sucks. It was obvious.  No shrouded mystery there.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This was inevitable.  The fans and media were all over it and the Giants made the right decision, even if it was 2 days late.   They probably believe it was a year premature.  But Joe Judge sucks. It was obvious.  No shrouded mystery there.  

Agree although I really thought they were going to keep him for another year. To me, the Giants just completed the easy part.

The interesting part going forward is the two owners. Is Mara still in control from a football perspective and he decides GM/coach or was there a bit of a power struggle and Tisch finally said enough is enough and I want a say in who gets the positions. Could be a critical factor as to whether they continue with Giant's type guys or truly go outside.

I really do not want them to go this route because I want to enjoy for a few more years they being the disaster we usually are but Louis Riddick would be in for interviews already if it were me.  

On 1/11/2022 at 9:36 PM, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

If I were JD and Saleh, I would not sleep easy tonight...the franchise that shares the building pulled the plug on a GM and coach after 4 years and 2 years respectively...this upcoming draft better produce impactful starters right away and the record has to be at least .500...Woody always says the arrow has to be moving up and now has cover to make moves next year if they don't meet those goals.  

The Giants pulled the plug on Shurmur after only 2 years

The Giants pulled the plug on McAdoo after only 2 years

The Giants pulled the plug on Judge after only 2 years.

I'm seeing a pattern here.  Either their inept at hiring HCs or impatient with their hires.  Isnt a place where a Flores will run too.  And has no bearing on what the Jets are doing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Giants pulled the plug on Shurmur after only 2 years

The Giants pulled the plug on McAdoo after only 2 years

The Giants pulled the plug on Judge after only 2 years.

I'm seeing a patter here.  Either their inept at hiring HCs or impatient with their hires.  Isnt a place where a Flores will run too.  And has no bearing on what the Jets are doing.  

The Jets have had 3 head coaches in the last 6 years, 2 in the last 3 and to date Saleh hasn't proven he's any good.  Judge had the Giants looking much better at the end of 2020 than Saleh had the Jets looking at the end of this year.   With the GM leaving this is a sound move that everyone in the NFL understands.

The Giants job is a great job.  If you're a solid HC they will  stick with you for a long time.  Flores or Harbaugh would both take the job in a second. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

The Jets have had 3 head coaches in the last 6 years, 2 in the last 3 and to date Saleh hasn't proven he's any good.  Judge had the Giants looking much better at the end of 2020 than Saleh had the Jets looking at the end of this year.   With the GM leaving this is a sound move that everyone in the NFL understands.

The Giants job is a great job.  If you're a solid HC they will  stick with you for a long time.  Flores or Harbaugh would both take the job in a second. 

I like Saleh ... but i have to agree .. sucks that one of the best performances of the year was in his absence.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1