Report: Seattle wants two first round picks for DK

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Who the hell do they think this guy is? Jamal Adams?

Think about that for a second and the impact DK can have on a game vs Jamal.

As soon as you hear two first for DK the immediate reaction mine included is no way - yet that is what we got for Jamal.

Unreal. 

• Sympathy 1

There was a time only but a couple of years ago when DK Metcalf was a very late second round pick. Personally, I'd keep the picks and build from the draft. Is Metcalf really worth a combo of, let's say, Garrett Wilson and Jermaine Johnson? Now is the time to build, not burn literally tons of guaranteed money on somebody else's solid draft pick. Buy low, sell high.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

There was a time only but a couple of years ago when DK Metcalf was a very late second round pick. Personally, I'd keep the picks and build from the draft. Is Metcalf really worth a combo of, let's say, Garrett Wilson and Jermaine Johnson? Now is the time to build, not burn literally tons of guaranteed money on somebody else's solid draft pick. Buy low, sell high.

Great post LIL, not surprised. I have waited long enough and can wait a little longer. Keep building through the draft. My quick assessment of Metcalf, very good receiver with Russell Wilson but as soon as there was a little adversity he disappeared and complained. If I were to read more into his recent interview claiming his diet is of candy and coffee I would quickly evaluate him as a potentially immature and not ready to go the extra effort when it comes to being healthy.  Is this the type player that you open the bank for and give up draft capital? I would say no

Two things:

1. We'll see what that turns into if the Seahawks are trying to trade up for Malik Willis and the Jets are offering up #4 to whoever wants him at 5, 6 or 8. The value to move up or miss out on a future Franchise QB is immeasurable depending on how you view said QB.  

2. We'll see if JD can generate more draft capital to actually feel comfortable enough to fork over x2 first rounders for DK. Let's say, for example, the Saints want to move up and fork over THEIR x2 first rounders for our #4 pick. Now we have our x3 first round picks to play around with. Plenty of draft capital to actually give up for DK- IF THAT IS WHAT JD WANTED TO DO.

One thing this tells me (if true) is that the Seahawks ARE actually willing to trade DK. Did anyone actually think he was untouchable? LOL  

23 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense. Tyreke Hill was a 5th round pick. Does that mean a team is stupid for giving up a first rounder + for him? The whole point is to get a proven young stud. When your QB is on a rookie contract, paying a WR big money doesn't really mean THAT much. Not in today's NFL.

Is Metcalf worth a combo of Wilson and JJ? Sure- if those guys end up being JAGs or taking 2-3 years to develop. Literally, unless one of them IMMEDIATELY turns into a stud players like DK, I would rather trade for DK. Could happen, but you are taking a huge risk. 

While I'm not advocating to trade the 4th and 10th picks for DK. Thats lunacy. If JD was able to generate an extra first rounder somehow I coudl potentially be on board.   

• Upvote 1