Another Media Insult

18 minutes ago, MykePM said:

The Onion takes another easy shot at us…

https://www.theonion.com/embarrassed-man-frantically-clears-search-history-after-1848950799

Add them to the list with SNL, Ted Lasso, Curb Your Enthusiasm, sports media talking heads, and most fans of other NFL teams.

Normally I wouldn’t draw attention to crap like this, but there’s a certain novelty to digs like this for me now.  I’m optimistic that the laughingstock status will start to disappear as of this season.  Let them get their digs in now.

————————————

Embarrassed Man Frantically Clears Search History After Googling Jets’ Playoff Chances

Today 8:27AM

GALLOWAY, NJ—Cursing himself and sweating as he tried to eliminate all traces of what he’d done, embarrassed local man Chris Burnley was said to be frantically clearing his internet search history Friday after googling the New York Jets’ playoff chances. “Jesus Christ, what the **** is wrong with you? No one can know you look at demented stuff like this,” the visibly sheepish man reportedly told himself as he quickly deleted a number of compromising searches from his history, including “Jets Super Bowl odds,” “can NY Jets win AFC East?” and “Zach Wilson MVP.” “God, what if someone walked in? What if one of my kids was using the computer and found this? I’ve got to get these sick urges out of my system without using the family computer. Goddamn it, I wish my old laptop still worked.” At press time, sources confirmed Burnley was rushing to the mailbox to get his Visa statement before his wife could find out that he’d used the couple’s credit card to bet on the Jets winning the Super Bowl.

doctor conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MykePM said:

https://www.theonion.com/embarrassed-man-frantically-clears-search-history-after-1848950799

Add them to the list with SNL, Ted Lasso, Curb Your Enthusiasm, sports media talking heads, and most fans of other NFL teams.

Normally I wouldn’t draw attention to crap like this, but there’s a certain novelty to digs like this for me now.  I’m optimistic that the laughingstock status will start to disappear as of this season.  Let them get their digs in now.

————————————

Embarrassed Man Frantically Clears Search History After Googling Jets’ Playoff Chances

GALLOWAY, NJ—Cursing himself and sweating as he tried to eliminate all traces of what he’d done, embarrassed local man Chris Burnley was said to be frantically clearing his internet search history Friday after googling the New York Jets’ playoff chances. “Jesus Christ, what the **** is wrong with you? No one can know you look at demented stuff like this,” the visibly sheepish man reportedly told himself as he quickly deleted a number of compromising searches from his history, including “Jets Super Bowl odds,” “can NY Jets win AFC East?” and “Zach Wilson MVP.” “God, what if someone walked in? What if one of my kids was using the computer and found this? I’ve got to get these sick urges out of my system without using the family computer. Goddamn it, I wish my old laptop still worked.” At press time, sources confirmed Burnley was rushing to the mailbox to get his Visa statement before his wife could find out that he’d used the couple’s credit card to bet on the Jets winning the Super Bowl.

Takes a shot at  "us"

ouch

Riz Ahmed Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MykePM said:

————————————

We are a laughing stock to the entire country…..  we are the new Browns.  Woody and his brother have ruined this team, perhaps Douglas can fix it.   

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Stop trying to censor humor.

I’m not trying to censor humor, and I’ve read some clever, funny stuff in The Onion.  I want them to do better.  The cheap, throwaway Jets joke is the laziest form of sports humor.  It’s become the lowbrow equivalent of slipping on a banana peel or a pie in the face.

14 hours ago, MykePM said:

————————————

Have you considered challenging the writer to a duel with pistols to defend your honor? 

• Haha 3