Stephen A joins Quinn in sh*tting on Jets

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The way to fix this is to start winning games. 

Imagine a world where we consistently win 12 or 13 games a year?   I can't.  But would kill for it.

Win all your home games.  Then win three or four away games and you're in the playoffs most years.  It's not rocket science.  Except for a few seasons, the problem for us Jet fans is that we have not had the players, coaches or especially owners to get this accomplished.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Damn.  Just thinking about all the Maria Ozawa encounters I could fund with that cash.

I just moved back to Tokyo for a job last month.  will tell her you said hi if I happen see her...although she may be looking rough all these years later lol

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm far too interested in how we'll look to care what some talking heads think in May.

Maybe some people just care too much about what media talking heads think?

Way too many people do. 

Also, it's worth pointing out that we usually suck when people expect us to be good. Although, I guess we usually suck in general . . . 

31 minutes ago, peebag said:

What did SA say that was wrong?

I don't think it's  a given the Jets finish last. Their is no guarantee the Pats improve and they will be installing a new O most likely.  There is also a year of film for Jones. I would say just about as much that has to fall into place Jets, equally need to for the Pats. The thing is the Pats had a good season until they got to the playoffs so it's easy for SAS to make this prediction 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I just moved back to Tokyo for a job last month.  will tell her you said hi if I happen see her...although she may be looking rough all these years later lol

Yeah, we all get older.  Maria will always remain one of those fantasy women.  She was just so breathtakingly beautiful.

Guess I will need to make due with a modern bevy from a top flight Osaka modeling agency. 

Seriously, best of luck with the new job.  Watch yourself and much success.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

maybe it's because there aren't any jets fans who really think stephen a is a good reporter.  he's a friggin moron and i'm sure i'm not the only who thinks so.

Actually, I think he's a genius. He manages to get talked about and gain attention which is his job. It's such a simple thing to agitate, but it's pretty tough to to turn that into money which he has managed to do with a lucrative contract. I have greater distaste for the people who just can't wait to be upset and rush to report everything these 'reporters' say so they can get their outrage attention from other fans. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't think it's  a given the Jets finish last. Their is no guarantee the Pats improve and they will be installing a new O most likely.  There is also a year of film for Jones. I would say just about as much that has to fall into place Jets, equally need to for the Pats. The thing is the Pats had a good season until they got to the playoffs so it's easy for SAS to make this prediction 

I doubt the Pats’ offense changes at all this year. Rumor is that Belichick might be his own offensive coordinator, and probably his own QB coach, too. They didn’t do much to improve on offense, though. It’s the fish who have a new head coach and will be installing a new offense that’s getting absolutely no attention that I’ve seen. The Jets actually have the most continuity in the division right now, which is extremely odd. It’ll be a disappointment if they finish last again. No, not a disappointment; demoralizing. There’s some ripeness there ready for slaughtering. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slats said:

I doubt the Pats’ offense changes at all this year. Rumor is that Belichick might be his own offensive coordinator, and probably his own QB coach, too. They didn’t do much to improve on offense, though. It’s the fish who have a new head coach and will be installing a new offense that’s getting absolutely no attention that I’ve seen. The Jets actually have the most continuity in the division right now, which is extremely odd. It’ll be a disappointment if they finish last again. No, not a disappointment; demoralizing. There’s some ripeness there ready for slaughtering. 

I was watching the NFL Network the other day and they mentioned Joe Judge acting like the QB coach and I just thought, wow, what fun people for Mac Jones to be around. Also, wasn't he a special teams coach? So yeah, not sure if they're going to improve much this year. 

Probably not a fair comment and admittedly I do not listen to his radio show but has mike Greenberg come to the jet defense in any way? 
wether it is Stephen a, cimini or other kick the jets on espn, does he refute any of it?

yes the comment is petty and more than likely Greenberg is limited by the bosses as what he can say, but you would think he would say something.

No issues with the "hate" from the media until the Jets prove themselves on the field. They have been terrible and in no way, shape, or form deserve the benefit of the doubt until they start putting up some wins.

With that said, Smith is a complete joke of an analyst. Pretty much the definition of an obnoxious clown. The Rex Ryan of sports analysis.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, slats said:

Still, if we don't  get a new and improve Matt Jones, I think that will weigh on the team like an anchor. 

Tonight, right before 2nd period starts in the Rangers game...

ESPN reporter: Coach, what made you put Frank Vatrano on the top line tonight?

Gallant: Well, he's played there most of the year, so...

It's TV for idiots. Not sorry. 

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Is it just me or extra Jet hate this year? Safe to say Stephen A is not a believer 

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/33977010?fbclid=IwAR0GHUvObnju337xLorN7Vf3fJBMj2Ww2R8_bqLnxWypx12uTdLHhhd7lU0

SAS knows Basketball. but he often steps on his own dick when commenting about anything else.  He's an entertainer, not a Nobel Laureate.  Enjoy his act for what it is.  

1 hour ago, mattg said:

First of all, what the hell does Smith really know about football? B- ball is his wheelhouse. Not to say u can't be versed in both. But football, he's irrelevant to me

Stephen A knows d1ck about football but a blind 5 year old girl could predict us winning 5 or less games next season and be correct

Is it just me or extra Jet hate this year? Safe to say Stephen A is not a believer 

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/33977010?fbclid=IwAR0GHUvObnju337xLorN7Vf3fJBMj2Ww2R8_bqLnxWypx12uTdLHhhd7lU0

Does this guy ever come up for air?  If I had a sailboat, I could hire Stephen A. to blow on my sails to power my sailboat.  He is such a windbag.  He ranted and raved, and wouldn't let the other guy have one word to respond to Stephen A. ripping apart the Jets.

Yes, if Stephen A. was talking about the 2021 Jets, then I could agree with him.  But the Jets have gone through a transformation, and before he kills the Jets for 2022, maybe he should reflect on what the Jets did to be more competitive for this next season.  But Stephen A. is like every other sports media person.  Let's just look at last year, and figure the Jets will be the exact same team this year as last year, and continue to do that until the team does something to change his opinion.  Not very hard to do.  It doesn't even require thought.  Its laziness, and all the media does the same thing. Just bash the lousy team from last year, until they become a good team, then get on the bandwagon when the team does well, and let's forget about what was said in the past.

• Upvote 1

I do care. It’s my team 

Why do you care what Smith thinks?  What does it matter (nothing)? The next time he comes off as knowledgeable about football will be the first. He accomplished what he set out to do -create controversy and clicks from some Jets fans like you that care about this offseason BS.  

2 hours ago, mattg said:

B- ball is his wheelhouse. 

I don't know that any sport, other than ranting and raving, is in his wheelhouse.

Years ago, probably close to to when he was getting started at ESPN, he was on a show doing his predictions of the NBA playoffs. He predicted every game to the finals. He picked all the winners in order by seeding all the way to the championship game, one by one. He acted so passionate and knowledgeable, but it was clear he was was just speaking smart and loud. It was silly that he didn't pick any lower seeds to win. If I remember right, most of the seeding did not play out that year. It might have been the year the Mavs lost to Golden State (1 losing to the 8). It was right around that time. 

32 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

No he doesn’t.  He loves to pretend he does but his basketball knowledge is casual fan level at best

He knows how to scream, pound the table, breath weird, and question others. The money that guys get paid to over react about sports is insane. But viewers watch. For example, Cowherd is wrong a ton of the time, but he's a multi millionaire. Skip just talks and questions stuff. So forth and so on. 

• Upvote 2