OT off-season thread: What was your first car?

44 minutes ago, greasyt said:

'81 Buick Skylark..........

I also had a Skylark as my first car.

39 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I'm older.

!966 red Ford Mustang.

I

But I am as old as this guy - it was a 1966 Skylark convertible.

image.png

• Upvote 4

image.png.6d56b5815633f95cb0111bf01e0ecb13.png

1986 Chrysler Laser which I bought in 1994 for about $500

I didn't realize until about 2 years later that the weird little aftermarket toggle switch next to the steering wheel connected to a Knight Rider type light in the front grill.  Probably spent countless hours driving around in that car with that stupid light on without knowing.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1971 Toyota Celica, light blue. Can't even find a good picture of it. Stated driving it in '74. Might have lasted had I taken even minimal care of it - told it to someone for $300, not working, in '80. I learned my lesson when I was walking or biking somewhere for the next couple of years when the guy who bought and fixed it up would pass me by on the street. I'm still a knucklehead, but at least I maintain my cars and other equipment now ...

1965 Plymouth Valient.

No power brakes, no power windows, no air conditioning, no power steering.  the trunk lock didn't work, so if you hit the back of the back seat hard enough, the trunk lid opened up. The car battery sat on a stand under the hood, and one time I went over a big bump, and the battery fell off its stand and fell onto the fan propeller.  I think there was no FM radio, just AM radio as well.

• Upvote 2