Elijah Moore Week 9 Highlights

this was actually good for 2 reason.

1. as you saw in those clips he occupied 1 defender creating confusion and taking them out of the play

2. one day when they need it most they will actually target him after other teams give up on being occupied by him

who cares about his stats...I don't.....just win baby!

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, but when they finally throw it to him dude will have a walk in touchdown. Because nobody will expect it. Genius. 

Create a tendency to break a tendency for a big play. Think that's what they effectively did on Hall's 79 yarder against Miami where he was wide open.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

All kidding aside, I do hope he works his way back into the coaching staff’s good graces and earns a role moving forward 

My hope as well.

Mims has finally found a role.  I'm hopeful Moore can as well.

Both have far too much talent to waste them.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

This is a bad look for the CS,  Whether it's Zach that can't make the throws or the game plan, it will come back on them eventually.  

Mims and Moore will leave as soon as they can.

They have to get everyone involved.

its clear Zach is locked in to WR1. he rarely gets through his progression to WR2.  when Davis comes back Mims goes to 3 and Moore to 4. 

you scheme screens to your RBs, and passes to your TEs. but who schemes plays for WR3 and 4? i agree Zach has to get them more involved, there was no reason he couldnt get the ball to Moore and either of those plays.

hopefully Zach learns to spread it around or we are going to have a hard time getting a good WR3 and 4 if they get no targets.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

This is a bad look for the CS,  Whether it's Zach that can't make the throws or the game plan, it will come back on them eventually.  

Mims and Moore will leave as soon as they can.

They have to get everyone involved.

Mims is starting to get his chances - 4 targets - he did make a false start (or something penalty). He is under contract through next year.

Moore is under contract through 2024. The real question is that who is going to give a contract to a kid who can't get open, and is whining in the media? Without tape of him being successful his career is going to be over; or he will get a 1 or 2 year prove it contract. If so, he will likely be at the bottom of the depth chart. If he is smart, he will focus on making the best of his situation - it is likely the best he will get for a while.

And, while these kids have no say on where they are drafted, he is playing on a team with decent WR depth - GW and Davis are clearly on the top. Where does he want to go? Packers? Yeah, he will have Rodgers this year, but the team is going to need to reboot next year. He needs to grow up and realize that this is the best opportunity for him. GW came in and made him look pedestrian. Time to suck it up and work hard on getting out of the dog house - Mims appears to be on his way.

it's a real shame he's fallen out of favor.  i think if we took a step back we could agree maybe he did some stuff in anger that he shouldn't have.  it's not like he killed a guy.  he's got talent to elevate the O to another level. hopefully this bye week does the team well and he'll be more involved out there.  zach can't throw to just garrett every game, can he? 

The only saving grace is a humble apology to his teammates.  Be it in the locker room, individually, whatever.

He seems to be adding fuel like his comments last week after the game.

He was probably my second favorite player on the team coming into the season, now....

Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

The only saving grace is a humble apology to his teammates.  Be it in the locker room, individually, whatever.

He seems to be adding fuel like his comments last week after the game.

He was probably my second favorite player on the team coming into the season, now....

Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

If you’re called out for something and then you double down on it, you better be really really good.  Even a guy like kyrie is quickly becoming too toxic for the nba.  

My guess is that the jets trade moore leading up to the draft, assuming 1) they intend to keep davis, and 2) mims shows enough to stick around.  They can find another smallish slot wr either in FA or in the draft. 

They don't want to punish him during practice by doing laps so they make up for it by running him around the backfield.  

Wouldn't be surprised if Bill tells the defense to ignore him because Zack doesn't even look at him.  Perfect time for a big play to Moore next week.