How do you gauge your Jets fandom?

The year you were born, when you started watching, your first game, etc.  I'm curious how and when you became a fan.  For me, I was a Giants fan and myself and a few friends got tired of their then coach, Allie Sherman...he sucked!  We were 16 at the time and switched over to the Jets when they drafted JWN.  So, I count from that year ('64)...59 years come this season...how about you all.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

The year you were born, when you started watching, your first game, etc.  I'm curious how and when you became a fan.  For me, I was a Giants fan and myself and a few friends got tired of their then coach, Allie Sherman...he sucked!  We were 16 at the time and switched over to the Jets when they drafted JWN.  So, I count from that year ('64)...59 years come this season...how about you all.

Well congratulations on your patience improving with age seeing that you left the Giants because of Sherman, but you stuck with the Jets through Coslet, Holtz, Kotite, Bowles, Gase, etc…

• Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Well congratulations on your patience improving with age seeing that you left the Giants because of Sherman, but you stuck with the Jets through Coslet, Holtz, Kotite, Bowles, Gase, etc…

It's called stupidity.  That and you can never go back home.

• Haha 1

When in school went to several Titans games once the team was renamed and were relocated to Shea became much easier to attend games. At 17 (drinking age was 18)began going to Bills Medowbrook a bar outside of Hofstra training camp frequented by almost all Players including Joe Willie. Great times back then.

• Upvote 1

Jets drafted Zach.  I've never followed an NFL team closely before.  Now I'm stuck rooting for the Jets through the pain and misery.

But I feel like I got here just in time to not officially be a fair weather fan, because good times are coming.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 2

4 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

Born in the late 1960s
Starting watching ball in the 70s as a Steelers fan
Started watching Jet games in 1980 on a tiny black and white portable tv with rabbit ears under the covers on Monday night .. followed by that radio guy Steve summers fearless forecast.
Got hooked by 83 .. followed sack exchange, OB, Toon McNeil all down this path of darkness.

Come to us Mr Rodgers ... Lead us to the light .. for all you hold dear ... We deserve it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Born in the late 1960s
Starting watching ball in the 70s as a Steelers fan
Started watching Jet games in 1980 on a tiny black and white portable tv with rabbit ears under the covers on Monday night .. followed by that radio guy Steve summers fearless forecast.
Got hooked by 83 .. followed sack exchange, OB, Toon McNeil all down this path of darkness.

Come to us Mr Rodgers ... Lead us to the light .. for all you hold dear ... We deserve it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Very similar story to mine. Born in late 1967. As a kid I was a Cowboys fan. When I was a sophomore at Manhattan College, I got the chance to take over the season tickets from a guy in my fraternity. That was 1986. Thought I had hooked up with something big and then the feels fell off. But I continued the season tickets and became a fan. Stopped following the Cowboys when Jerry Jones bought team. F that guy. Been bleeding green ever since.

• Upvote 1