Ex-NFLer says hes had 2500 concussions

Jetster

Uh, something tells me this guy has a friend who is a lawyer, lol. The NFL has a lot o money stashed away for these lawsuits. Cant say I blame him for trying, lol.

“If you’re not getting at least 10 of those a game, as a middle linebacker in the NFL, that means you didn’t play that day,” Plummer said, during an appearance on The 49ers Insider Podcast. “I played 250 games. So [with] at least 10 a game, that’s 2,500 concussions.”

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If he had 2500 concussions I doubt he'd have the capacity to say as much let alone actually remember as much.

Yeah if he had 2500 concussions he would have said:

“If you’re not getting at least 10 of those a game, as a middle linebacker in the NFL, that means you didn’t play that day,” Plummer said, during an appearance on The 49ers Insider Podcast. “I played 250 games. So [with] at least 10 a game, that’s like 120 concussions.”

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Yeah if he had 2500 concussions he would have said:

“If you’re not getting at least 10 of those a game, as a middle linebacker in the NFL, that means you didn’t play that day,” Plummer said, during an appearance on The 49ers Insider Podcast. “I played 250 games. So [with] at least 10 a game, that’s like 120 concussions.”

Post of the week..lmao! This statement alone used by a good attorney should provide him with an out of court settlement!

NFL Attorney: If we allow this to get to court & he says this under oath? Pay the man to keep his mouth shut, lol.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Uh, something tells me this guy has a friend who is a lawyer, lol. The NFL has a lot o money stashed away for these lawsuits. Cant say I blame him for trying, lol.

“If you’re not getting at least 10 of those a game, as a middle linebacker in the NFL, that means you didn’t play that day,” Plummer said, during an appearance on The 49ers Insider Podcast. “I played 250 games. So [with] at least 10 a game, that’s 2,500 concussions.”

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

The key here is the definition of the word concussion, and it's not as easy as you'd think to define

honestly, that statement isn't too outlandish if any head hit is considered a minor concussion. 

I was actually listening to a very well known orthopedic surgeon address this topic this morning.  He said much of what everyone else is saying here, if he had 2,500 concussions, he wouldnt be able to even articulate this thought.

He said the definition is when the brains smashes into the skull.  Which happens a lot in Football but the level of severity determines a "concussion" hence the sideline procedures before letting a player enter the game.  So technically, he might not be wrong but only because the level of the impact is drastically different for a concussion that keeps you out of a game. 

I think Plummer specified "Grade 1" concussions with symptoms lasting for about 15 minutes.  If you've played, you know when you smash somebody and you just see a white flash like an explosion.  I don't know if they'd be Grade 1, but most people would term them concussions now, but they just used to be good licks. 

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I wonder how many of those woman got concussions?

Lol, I can't imagine coming out of a sexual encounter with a 7'1" athlete without some serious damage. Nothing like that going on in the mod lounge. 

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I wonder how many of those woman got concussions?

Well, he did where size 15 sneakers & you know the saying. That extra 6" is usually the distance between the mattress & headboard. 

14 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Is twenty-five-hundred like the new biblical forty?  It just means a lot?

Or maybe he's completely b*tch-made and gets concussed from putting on his helmet.

Well seems Revis got fat putting on his helmet so I guess anythings possible.

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

This only entitles him to post on this board.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I was actually listening to a very well known orthopedic surgeon address this topic this morning.  He said much of what everyone else is saying here, if he had 2,500 concussions, he wouldnt be able to even articulate this thought.

He said the definition is when the brains smashes into the skull.  Which happens a lot in Football but the level of severity determines a "concussion" hence the sideline procedures before letting a player enter the game.  So technically, he might not be wrong but only because the level of the impact is drastically different for a concussion that keeps you out of a game. 

I think this is critical.  2,500 impacts, sure.  But not every impact is a concussion by a long shot.  Now when you get into the area of so-called micro-concussions, it gets murkier.  He could very well have thousands of those, and there is debate about higher numbers of those being equally dangerous and possibly related to CTE.  

12 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Is twenty-five-hundred like the new biblical forty?  It just means a lot?

Or maybe he's completely b*tch-made and gets concussed from putting on his helmet.

He prolly can’t even take a powershot.

Archived