Just hire McCarthy already

Maxman

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What's your case for Gase?

Better offensive system. Has made the best out of QB’s of Tebow, Tannehil, Osweiler, Cutler, and Matt Moore. He has shown he can adjust his offense due to personnel.

He did a lot with a talent devoid Miami team.

No nonsense, in your face, lots of passion.

Hasn’t peaked yet as a coach. 

He is not without flaw. He’s gotta check his attitudea bit. But I like the fire. He cares about football. But he is a good offensive mind with expertise in the QB position. 

If I didn’t want Kingsbury, Monken, and Rhule so much, Gase would be high up on my list if this were any other year.

• Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Better offensive system. Has made the best out of QB’s of Tebow, Tannehil, Osweiler, Cutler, and Matt Moore. He has shown he can adjust his offense due to personnel.

He is not without flaw. He’s gotta check his attitudea bit. But I like the fire. He cares about football. But he is a good offensive mind with expertise in the QB position. 

If I didn’t want Kingsbury, Monken, and Rhule so much, Gase would be high up on my list if this were any other year.

Rumors now are saying Rhule as head coach, with Gase as o\c. I would love Gase in that role.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Rumors now are saying Rhule as head coach, with Gase as o\c. I would love Gase in that role.

I posted that last night. Thats been the plan all week. The only thing up in the air was Kingsbury and the Cards. Jets wanted Kingsbury as OC with Rhule if he didn’t get the job in Zona.

Gase is going to be a GREAT OC for Sam, if Gase still is down with this arrangement. If not, they’ll turn to Monken.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Where did he do that? I watched him on Undisputed right after he was fired and he actually took everything on the chin, admitting it was his fault and just wanting to get back to coaching offense. 

Its true, Hue was fired because of Hue and very much deserved to get fired but lying to justify Baker’s actions after the fact is just plain annoying.

"We played with a QB room with zero wins in the league. We played with street free agents and practice squad players in WRs. Yet our offense was the same or better than what we were doing this year. There is no way that should happen."

He was basically saying that his offense was better the last few years before they brought in all this talent and was basically blaming Haley/Kitchens for the bad offense to start the year. 

Fast forward a few months and a Rookie of the Year QB and Kitchens is the one with a HC job and Hue  is on the outside looking in. 

• Post of the Week 1

In the end, I think Jets hire McCarthy. 

But I've learned the hard lesson in life to never underestimate the incompetence of others.  As such, I would not be at all surprised if the Jets screw this up and hire someone else.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Better offensive system? His system was bland as sh*t. He didn’t use players right, didn’t listen to any input, it was his way or no way.

Secondly, Osweiler only played good against us. He did not have a good statistical outing as starting QB. Tannehill sucked just like he always had, Tebow!? Where is he right now? What did he do after Denver? We were just saying that Jeremy Bates got the most out of Cutler? C’mon. And Matt Moore? I don’t even know why this name is listed.

I think Adam Gase is the second worst option outside of Caldwell.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

"We played with a QB room with zero wins in the league. We played with street free agents and practice squad players in WRs. Yet our offense was the same or better than what we were doing this year. There is no way that should happen."

He was basically saying that his offense was better the last few years before they brought in all this talent and was basically blaming Haley/Kitchens for the bad offense to start the year. 

Fast forward a few months and a Rookie of the Year QB and Kitchens is the one with a HC job and Hue  is on the outside looking in. 

Ok. WTF are CJ and Mac doing!? They've interviewed everyone. Either hire someone or say you don't want any of them and will be scheduling more interviews. I can not take the blissful incompetence that oozes from the pores of these guys. They have no idea what they are doing and, worse yet, they have no idea that they have no idea what they are doing. Why would any of these coaches want to work with these fools? It is a miracle they had the sense to draft Sam Darnold when he fell into their lap.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Breer doesn't think McCarthy is going to get the Jets job. Said Monken and Rhule both "interviewed well" and that Gase is also still in the mix.

btw, I think everything is pointing to Rhule at this point.

Ohhhhhhh....... they interviewed well. That changes everything. Who cares about actual on the job record of achievement in winning a SB, many division titles, and grooming a young QB into a franchise QB. 

FML for being a fan of this team. Their incompetence never ceases to amaze.

15 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Breer doesn't think McCarthy is going to get the Jets job. Said Monken and Rhule both "interviewed well" and that Gase is also still in the mix.

btw, I think everything is pointing to Rhule at this point.

It's funny, I thought it would be the other way around and it would be the Jets all in on McCarthy. This is worst case scenario if true....hes there for the taking just sign the man.

27 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm certain that if McCarthy is not hired it is because his disdain for the idiots that were interviewing him was obvious, even to the idiots.

I’m thinking if McCarthy is not offered the job it would likely be resulting from the handiwork of JN contrarians and a few devastating tweets from the at large internet.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Remember when many here were dying for McCarthy because he was somehow able to win games with Aaron Rodgers:

"About once a week, a meeting would start up and McCarthy was MIA. Players weren't quite sure where he was while, for example, an assistant coach would run the team's final prep on the Saturday before a game. Eventually, word leaked that McCarthy, the one calling plays on game day, was up in his office getting a massage during those meetings.

One player had the same massage therapist, and she let it slip that McCarthy would sneak her up a back stairway to his office while the rest of the team prepared for that week's opponent. "

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Remember when many here were dying for McCarthy because he was somehow able to win games with Aaron Rodgers:

"About once a week, a meeting would start up and McCarthy was MIA. Players weren't quite sure where he was while, for example, an assistant coach would run the team's final prep on the Saturday before a game. Eventually, word leaked that McCarthy, the one calling plays on game day, was up in his office getting a massage during those meetings.

One player had the same massage therapist, and she let it slip that McCarthy would sneak her up a back stairway to his office while the rest of the team prepared for that week's opponent. "

A Kraft massage?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2019 at 8:49 PM, Maxman said:

Get it over with. No more of these inexperienced coaches. McCarthy and Darnold = 10 wins is now a bad season.

Brady and Belly will soon be riding off into the sunset. Take this division.

The Joe Benigno Solution!!!

On 1/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, TeddEY said:

If it were going to be McCarthy, is there any reason that it wouldn't have happened already?  Serious question.  He's a completely different candidate than everyone else, it's not like you're comparing him to others.  You either want him/he wants to coach here, or you don't/he doesn't.  You're not weighing the pros and cons between Mike McCarthy and Kris Richard.

Honestly, and I just said this in another thread, I'm beginning to wonder if the whole search is a charade to soften the blow of hiring the guy who just failed with the Dolphins.

Good call

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Good call

The original post, FWIW.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:33 PM, TeddEY said:

Beginning to wonder if this whole extended search is just a PR charade to sell (lessen the blow of) Gase when it's all said and done.

Unlike when the Bills hired Rex or the Browns hired Mangini, the Jets will be able to say some nonsense like:

"We interviewed so many qualified candidates, did our due diligence on all of them, we spoke to some great people with great ideas, but ultimately Adam Gase really stood out based on his past blah blah blah and his vision blah blah blah.  Mike and I believe he's the man to take this team where it needs to go."

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/8/2019 at 8:49 PM, Maxman said:

Get it over with. No more of these inexperienced coaches. McCarthy and Darnold = 10 wins is now a bad season.

Brady and Belly will soon be riding off into the sunset. Take this division.

Hey I support Gase and I will root for this team forever but I am giving this a bye week bump so we can revisit some of our thoughts early on during the coaching search.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2019 at 2:01 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Better offensive system? His system was bland as sh*t. He didn’t use players right, didn’t listen to any input, it was his way or no way.

Secondly, Osweiler only played good against us. He did not have a good statistical outing as starting QB. Tannehill sucked just like he always had, Tebow!? Where is he right now? What did he do after Denver? We were just saying that Jeremy Bates got the most out of Cutler? C’mon. And Matt Moore? I don’t even know why this name is listed.

I think Adam Gase is the second worst option outside of Caldwell.

^^^^ to recap my initial feelings.

• Upvote 1