Leonard Williams contract year

Icer

1 minute ago, Icer said:

Did he play tonight? I couldn't tell with the zero plays.

Good thing Maccagnan got fired or we'd be giving this bust a huge contract.

What’s this Williams 5th Year?

I predict that by the end of it he and Adams, in 8 Years of total play between them, will have ZERO game changing plays in Total.  That’s from 2 players selected as the 6th Pick in the entire Nation, and that just CANNOT BE.

And that’s why both the picks were huge mistakes.  Actually gutless but that goes without saying by who made them.

I like Adams too as a player but not as to where he was drafted.  Williams, and I’m not asking fir big sack totals, I understand the position he plays, but just once could the guy have crashed the line, forced a fumble and had someone else pick it up and run into the end zone with a game winning score?  I’m not even asking for Williams to score himself.

Seeing Myles Garrett tonight totally manhandle Beachum with 1 arm and then bend Siemian in half with the other is a play that it sometimes expected from draft picks that high.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Icer said:

Did he play tonight? I couldn't tell with the zero plays.

Good thing Maccagnan got fired or we'd be giving this bust a huge contract.

Hey now, watch who you're talking about. He was "arguably the best player available" during the 2015 draft.

Granted, that hasnt shown up in any way as a pro, but it's still cool to say and for everyone to know. 

• Haha 2

Hes done here.  He provides nothing to this team.   His production is easily replaced by others.  Basham had more of an impact than I remember Leo having in any games in recent memory.  I'd trade him in a heart beat for a pick.  Huge disappointment.  Doesn't play like he loves this game. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Leo is a JAG. I wonder if we would notice a difference if Fatukasi was playing for Leo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatukasi made more plays than Leo last night. I only noticed Leo when he was missing tackles, getting blown out of plays, and when he was jogging several yards behind a play.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I've been quiet on Leo, silently hoping he would emerge.  After the first 2 games this season, I am done.  He has to go.   He is "just another Guy" out there and not worth the investment.  No way do the Jets pay him beyond this year.  He's probably untradeable too.  

Thanks Mac.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I've been quiet on Leo, silently hoping he would emerge.  After the first 2 games this season, I am done.  He has to go.   He is "just another Guy" out there and not worth the investment.  No way do the Jets pay him beyond this year.  He's probably untradeable too.  

Thanks Mac.  

Me too...however he is producing nothing that we can't get from 6th rounder fatukasi or some of the udfas

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Instead of trading him, after re-signing Anderson and when it was clear we were taking a DLman at slot #3, we really needed to keep him. Because let’s see how immensely he improves under Gregg Williams with the theoretical upside of offering him a $20MM/year extension.

How glorious the logic as it was explained to me. 

Of course now the hope is a 4th or 5th round compensatory pick in the 2021 draft, which has basically draft/trade zero value in comparison to the 2nd-3rd round pick (or whatever the highest offer was) that we should have taken this spring.

What kind of clown keeps a player who has not only been tremendously underperforming, but is tremendously expensive, will be even more expensive if he suddenly has a career year, and worst of all isn’t even needed in the first place? Who the hell needs a starting DL consisting of 3 DTs and a NT? 

The whole post is spot on but that last part is extremely key to me and something we don’t talk about much. When all you do is take big dudes on the DL - even if they’re athletic for their size - when you try to get the better players on the field the defense ends up slow. We’ve seen it for years now going back to the Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson days. Instead of letting the issue resolve itself when guys leave in FA, Macc continued to draft more DT’s. Infuriating.

• Upvote 1

I watched him specifically last night since nothing else was really worth paying attention to. Williams is a straight up do. Multiple plays where he literally just stood up and put his hands on the OL and just stayed put. I get that he may have an assignment to defend his area vs penetration, but at least give the O lineman a little exercise. No hustle, no motor, no drive. He’s just not very good at this point

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Instead of trading him, after re-signing Anderson and when it was clear we were taking a DLman at slot #3, we really needed to keep him. Because let’s see how immensely he improves under Gregg Williams with the theoretical upside of offering him a $20MM/year extension.

How glorious the logic as it was explained to me. 

Of course now the hope is a 4th or 5th round compensatory pick in the 2021 draft, which has basically draft/trade zero value in comparison to the 2nd-3rd round pick (or whatever the highest offer was) that we should have taken this spring.

What kind of clown keeps a player who has not only been tremendously underperforming, but is tremendously expensive, will be even more expensive if he suddenly has a career year, and worst of all isn’t even needed in the first place? Who the hell needs a starting DL consisting of 3 DTs and a NT? 

If your using your 1st rounder on a none impact/edge rushing Defensive lineman you need to be fired.

How many 3-4 DE/DT do we have to draft before it becomes clear they are waste of resources?

We are paying this guy $14 million to run stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

If your using your 1st rounder on a none impact/edge rushing Defensive lineman you need to be fired.

How many 3-4 DE/DT do we have to draft before it becomes clear they are waste of resources?

What about on a safety that can’t ball hawk?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Or no better, to see how he plays after investing massively in QW, to see if we then want to give him an $18-22MM/yr extension. 

In an unfortunate way, it’s not that terrible that QW is injured (in particular because it’s not serious), so we can see how this overhyped “best overall player in the 2015 draft” really benefitted from the coaching of Gregg Williams in his own right, rather than just benefitting from a (hopeful) difference maker drawing attention by playing next to him.

• Upvote 2