Realistically speaking....do the Jets bring back Leveon Bell next season?

It's keep him or trade him. They're certainly not cutting him.

He's as good as ever, but as it turns out being the only weapon worth a damn on a team with a bad run blocking o-line and coach that doesn't seem interested in using him has hindered that talent.

He's far from a cancer though and that cap hit is too much to bare for a moderately productive player. If Gase seems to think he do without him (and I think he does) and some team puts out a decent offer he'll be gone. But otherwise he'll return to run it back, hopefully with a more stable O-line.

I could see it going either way, tbh.

i think they would trade him for right package, but there was virtually no market for him in free agency, so why should we expect that anyone would give up a decent draft pick for him now?

and if we aren’t getting at least a 3rd, why not just bring him back behind a much better OL and try again? Personally, that is what I would like to see 

• Upvote 3

Probably not 

But I still say it’s pretty dumb not to.

If you’re trading him, it probably means that you’re eating the bulk of his remaining guaranteed money, receiving no better than a 4th rounder in return, and creating yet another hole on the roster.

Both Powell and Montgomery are scheduled to be free agents.

We’d have to completely retool the entire backfield. And I’d rather keep Bell, bring back Josh Adams and spend a mid-late round pick on another back.

OL and WR should be the top priorities this offseason. Followed by CB and edgerusher. I’m not looking to dick Darnold around any further when we already have a damn good player under contract in the backfield, even if he isn’t quite the same player he was 2 years ago, aka the best RB in the league.

Bell is still beyond the parameters of “good”. Well worth the investment in 2020 coupled with an improved OL, at least as far as I’m concerned.

• Upvote 3

I dont see him going anywhere for awhile, might as well see what he can do with some decent blocking.

Im not saying he sucks, but I dont get the boner over him like some do. Hopefully its just a matter of O-line and play selection. Wait and see what happens I guess.

53 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

He's as good as ever, but as it turns out being the only weapon worth a damn on a team with a bad run blocking o-line and coach that doesn't seem interested in using him has hindered that talent

So Gase is supposed to continue to feed Bell on 1st and 2nd down when the OL can't open up a hole. All that does is put the Jets in a 3rd and long situation where the 'bad run blocking o-line' shows their other side even worse pass blocking. The terrible o-line severely limits Gases play calls.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

So Gase is supposed to continue to feed Bell on 1st and 2nd down when the OL can't open up a hole. All that does is put the Jets in a 3rd and long situation where the 'bad run blocking o-line' shows their other side even worse pass blocking. The terrible o-line severely limits Gases play calls.

How about gase actually design a running play that isn't up the gut for bell? Maybe the offensive genius can put that large brain to work for a change.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Much like Gase , you should know you can get the ball in his hand in other ways. See previous games in Pittsburgh. Or look up screen, out and wheel routes. Also Google basic zone blocking or try something like short passes to RB. I think that will help you.

There is no reason to trade Bell and if Gase does force it, the result will be him alienating the team just like he did in Miami.  Bell plays hard, practices hard and hasn't complained.  By all accounts, hes an excellent teammate who is being criminally underused.  Shipping him off because Gase "doesnt value RBs" would be a big mistake.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Much like Gase , you should know you can get the ball in his hand in other ways. See previous games in Pittsburgh. Or look up screen, out and wheel routes. Also Google basic zone blocking or try something like short passes to RB. I think that will help you.

Wow, the way to fix the OL that can't run or pass block even before all the injuries is 'basic zone blocking'. Yep, Gase is an idiot for not using google to look up 'basic zone blocking'. Hell, we'd be 10-6 if only the Jets knew about 'basic zone blocking'.