Draft Rumors

SR24

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

F**k the f**king Johnsons.  Let Douglas do his damn job.  

They’re the common denominator throughout the years and years of rebuild cycles. Hopefully Gary Vee saves us soon 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I follow this guy too - but I'm pretty sure he's full of sh*t - hes been wrong about everything jets wise this offseason... and in general it looks like the new Jets FO is pretty locked up with regards to leaks... and at the end of the day - JD has full control of roster so ownership can't do much.

this is a great ploy by the jets if they actually do want him, this will generate offers and conversation.  gm doesn't want him, conflict, etc.

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

Ik this guy isn’t always right but he’s probably not far off here 

This is ZERO surprise for me and is what I have said for ages.  That the owners would put a stop to any such move.  The day CJ agreed to talk to jamal after last years little tantrum by Jamal you just knew CJ promised jamal he would not be traded.

It is also why the owners are by far the biggest impediment to this team.

They are totally clueless and are akin to the blanket jamal fans on here who would rather never actually get good and win than make a controversial move.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is ZERO surprise for me and is what I have said for ages.  That the owners would put a stop to any such move.  The day CJ agreed to talk to jamal after last years little tantrum by Jamal you just knew CJ promised jamal he would not be traded.

It is also why the owners are by far the biggest impediment to this team.

They are totally clueless and are akin to the blanket jamal fans on here who would rather never actually get good and win than make a controversial move.

The caveat is that if there’s a scintilla of truth to Manish’s claim that the Johnsons are hurting for cash, they should love the idea of not paying Adams this offseason. Should be an easy sell for Douglas

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

Let's hope this is truly some good cop/bad cop routine going on.

You put this out a week before the Draft.  It communicates to Dallas or anyone else interested in Adams that it will take some serious Draft capital to pry Jamal Adams out of the owner's clutch!

Joe D.:  "Hey Jerry, I'm sorry....I just can't make this happen.  It's an ownership thing.  This guy sells tickets and jerseys.  It would take a mountain to make this move."

Woody:  (chuckling in the background)

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You put this out a week before the Draft.  It communicates to Dallas or anyone else interested in Adams that it will take some serious Draft capital to pry Jamal Adams out of the owner's clutch!

Joe D.:  "Hey Jerry, I'm sorry....I just can't make this happen.  It's an ownership thing.  This guy sells tickets and jerseys.  It would take a mountain to make this move."

Our owners could never be so shrewd. 

More  likely is that they have fallen for the Jamal love narrative.

45 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Lmao I love your enthusiasm but realistically in  this scenario Joe D is negotiating the deal while simultaneously trying to stop Chris Johnson from writing his name on the wall with his tongue. Our owners are morons and are incapable of making adequate football decisions. However, If you have a rash they’re your guys 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

Well yeah.  That's his bag.  Reading the tea leaves and then putting out something that seems generally reasonable 

I could be Chad Forbes if I had the time and desire.

What I’m hearing about Jordan Love and the Dolphins

Heading into this past weekend, PFN learned that the Dolphins, like most other teams around the NFL, were holding their final draft meetings this week. During these meetings, they would start to finalize their board and close in on numerous decisions, including which quarterback they would target. And while no decision has been made, we have been able to gather pieces of information that can help shed some light on the Dolphins thought process as they search for their next franchise quarterback.

After speaking with several sources close to the situation, they re-iterated that the Dolphins do like the Utah State QB and have liked him for a while, which I have reported now for almost two years. Remember, the Dolphins were scouting Love even before he was draft-eligible. At the same time, they were also heavily scouting Oregon Ducks QB Justin Herbert.

If Love is their guy, would the Dolphins select him with their fifth pick?

However, if the Dolphins were to decide that Love could be their franchise quarterback over the likes of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert, this may not necessarily equate to them taking him with the fifth overall pick. According to those who I spoke with, they would be “absolutely shocked” if they took Love that high.

They speculate that it would either be with the 18th selection or a trade up from that spot to secure their future franchise quarterback. Of course, if the Dolphins take a position player with their fifth pick on Thursday night, their plans will become a bit more clear.

Finally, sources told me that the Dolphins have been quiet on Herbert and have given no indication that he is their target. While that can be read numerous ways and is par for the course at this time, it is something worth noting since multiple media reports and mock drafts have linked Herbert to the Dolphins.

4 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Not buying this at all. The Johnsons aren’t really the meddling type. I don’t think they care enough.

Idk man didn’t  Chris Johnson have some private meeting with Jamal after his trade deadline tantrum last year? When Jamal wasn’t talking to the F.O 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lith said:

Should make for a very interesting and entertaining Thursday and Friday nights next week.  Finally will be something sports-related on TV worth watching.

This draft will be like MLB opening day, the Stanley Cup, Wimbledon, and the Super Bowl rolled into one.

Theres literally nothing else and people are probably actually dying from sports withdrawal 

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Flipping Adams for a 1st and a 2nd or even a 1sr and 3rd would be highway robbery...in our favor.

Trade him. Take a LT & WR in the 1st.

Take an Edge, WR, CB, OL with the extra picks in the next 2 rounds.

You’re basically trading a Pro Bowler for, what, a 30% chance of landing a future pro bowler at a more premium position?  No thanks -- I’ll hang on to our face of the franchise/culture setter/top 50 player. You’re by no means assured of coming out on top when you trade proven players in their prime for draft picks, especially draft picks in the back half of the round like Dallas’.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The caveat is that if there’s a scintilla of truth to Manish’s claim that the Johnsons are hurting for cash, they should love the idea of not paying Adams this offseason. Should be an easy sell for Douglas

Neither Chad Forbes or MM are even remotely close to being correct.  There is no meddling from ownership and there was no restrictions on what Douglas was allowed to spend.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

You’re basically trading a Pro Bowler for, what, a 30% chance of landing a future pro bowler at a more premium position?  No thanks -- I’ll hang on to our face of the franchise/culture setter/top 50 player. You’re by no means assured of coming out on top when you trade proven players in their prime for draft picks, especially draft picks in the back half of the round like Dallas’.

And $17 million in cap space

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

And $17 million in cap space

Exactly what I was going to say.  I can see the argument when we have all this time left with the guy.  Maybe even this year, but next offseason this guy is going to probably be trouble and by 2022 he is either going to cost an insane amount of money, or he is going to walk.  By next offseason we have to sh*t or get off the pot and if we can get a nice deal a year early, why wait? 

• Sympathy 1