Seattle eliminated during Wildcard Weekend: With the 22nd-24th overall pick; the NY Jets select...

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is no way in the world, with holes at OL, WR,  DE/edge, DB that the Jets waste an early pick on a RB. 

You were high on Bell for the same reasons you think drafting a RB would be a good idea. Signing Bell and drafting a RB with a pick are both bad strategies for a rebuilding team. 

Have you ever heard of free agency, with 100 mill in cap space. We will fill most of these holes..prior to the draft.. 

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I also wouldn’t be afraid to go cornerback there, although the draft seems pretty deep. Could be able to get a good one with our early 3rd round pick.

CB should be in the discussison too.  Whichever way we go, we should be able to get a day 1 starter at a priority position of need.  

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Say the Jets decide to move on from Sam Darnold, and trade him.  My question is would you trade this Seattle pick and Sam Darnold to a team in the top 10 of the draft and receive their pick essentially a swap of picks and the compensation is Sam?

Omg yes please

50 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Say the Jets decide to move on from Sam Darnold, and trade him.  My question is would you trade this Seattle pick and Sam Darnold to a team in the top 10 of the draft and receive their pick essentially a swap of picks and the compensation is Sam?

Yes.  Puts us in Chase/Smith/Pitts range of draft.  I would do this in a minute.  

I like Najee a lot but as others have said, with all of our holes there’s just no chance JD takes a back that high. Especially if we hire a coach like Joe Brady. He just got nice production out of Mike Davis when Mccafrey went out, so no need to invest in RB that high 

17 minutes ago, Icer said:

1st round RB is a luxury pick when you already have a stacked roster. We need to go IOL, WR, EDGE, or CB at that pick

Just not true. The correct answer is, depends on what we do in free agency. If we get Thuney and Robinson in FA, I'm all for taking Harris there. Plenty of EDGE, CB and OL to be taken witg our 2nd round pick.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

I like Najee a lot but as others have said, with all of our holes there’s just no chance JD takes a back that high. Especially if we hire a coach like Joe Brady. He just got nice production out of Mike Davis when Mccafrey went out, so no need to invest in RB that high 

If we sign Brady we probably bring in Davis .. pretty sure he’s a FA

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Najee Harris isn't just "another RB" he's an absolute freak of nature of an offensive impactful game changer. 

Something we haven't had since Curtis Martin. 

Najee Harris was not only the #1 RB recruit coming out of High School but he's one of the top 5-7 RB recruits of All-Time and also also absolutely destroyed the SEC. 

Don't  be surprised if he runs sub 4.5 in 40.

He reminds me of A. PETERSON...

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Najee Harris isn't just "another RB" he's an absolute freak of nature of an offensive impactful game changer. 

Something we haven't had since Curtis Martin. 

Najee Harris was not only the #1 RB recruit coming out of High School but he's one of the top 5-7 RB recruits of All-Time and also also absolutely destroyed the SEC. 

I’m no scout, but he looked kinda slow and plodding in that video you shared. Not being sarcastic but what does he do that’s so great (other than nicely running over a few dudes)?

5 hours ago, Lith said:

CB should be in the discussison too.  Whichever way we go, we should be able to get a day 1 starter at a priority position of need.  

My ideal first 3 picks would fall this way position wise:

#2 - QB

Seattle 1st - CB

1st pick in 2nd round - RB

This way free agency could be a big splash for a guard and wide receiver.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, shevys said:

I’m no scout, but he looked kinda slow and plodding in that video you shared. Not being sarcastic but what does he do that’s so great (other than nicely running over a few dudes)?

There are 100s of tough RBs that can run between the tackles like Sermon with our late 3rd rounder. If your going RB with 1 of those picks #35? You take Etienne! Those are the game changers once you have a wide receiver trifecta that teams need to scheme to stop! 

Look at the great offenses from the past & you find slippery guys that can catch out of the backfield & make that 1st defender miss. Guys like Tomlinson, Edgeran James, CEH. Look at the Pats & James White (and he's not elite), but when they had WRs & Gronk, he was unstoppable (Falcons Super Bowl comeback). 

I want to build an offense that Announcers talk about in their pregame discussions. I want to hear them say, " This is a tall ask to stop the Jets weapons behind this great Oline, with Allen Robinson, Mims, Crowder, (stud rookie WR), Etienne, and a good TE! Yes, I agree with RB by committee & im fine with Etienne, Ty Johnson & Perine. 

Landing Seattles #1 next year too, tells me it's always been JDs on a 2 year plan. If Etienne is sitting at #35 (I think he'll be gone), but if not? We should draft him. The guy is unbelievably elusive in the open field & has great hands. Guys like him are a nightmare as 3rd & 4th options out of the backfield. If JD gets a FA Guard (Thuney?), a FA WR (Robinson/Juju or Godwin), makes a trade with a team like the Saints for Lattimore? (I'm hoping the Aaron Glenn interview was a prelim to build a coaching staff), at that point I want to build the most explosive offense possible to surround whoever our QB is with. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

My ideal first 3 picks would fall this way position wise:

#2 - QB

Seattle 1st - CB

1st pick in 2nd round - RB

This way free agency could be a big splash for a guard and wide receiver.

Agreed.  My opinion was based on the roster as it stands today.  And as of today, I would ratehr address interior OL and WR before CB & RB.  A lot of our draft wish lists could change with free agency in March.  I sure hope they do, otherwise we will have whiffed in FA.

A culture change entails building through the draft.  That means drafting 10 year starters (or top tier backup at the very least).  Best way to find those is day one of the draft.  Let's not squander those on easy to fill short shelf life positions.   

For everyone saying draft offensive lineman you guys realize there’s legitimately like 10-15 top o lineman prospects that we can take. I think our best strategy should be to take the best skill position player with Seattle’s pick (Harris, Etienne, Olave, Bateman, Marshall Jr) and then we can grab one of these offensive lineman with our 2nd round pick 

OT

Rashawn Slater
Jalen Mayfield
Liam Eichenberg
Alex Leatherwood
Samuel Cosmi
Dillon Randunz

IOL:
Alija Vera-Tucker
Creed Humphrey
Wyatt Davis
Josh Meyers
Trey Smith

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

For everyone saying draft offensive lineman you guys realize there’s legitimately like 10-15 top o lineman prospects that we can take. I think our best strategy should be to take the best skill position player with Seattle’s pick (Harris, Etienne, Olave, Bateman, Marshall Jr) and then we can grab one of these offensive lineman with our 2nd round pick 

OT

Rashawn Slater
Jalen Mayfield
Liam Eichenberg
Alex Leatherwood
Samuel Cosmi
Dillon Randunz

IOL:
Alija Vera-Tucker
Creed Humphrey
Wyatt Davis
Josh Meyers
Trey Smith

i predict they go qb at 2, and then go pass rusher with the seattle pick.  that would leave 3 day 2 picks for OL/wr/cb.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PS17 said:

Love the Fields and Marshall picks; exactly who I want at those spots. I’d rather go best interior o-line, edge, or CB with the Seattle pick. 

Just depends on what they sign as FA.

If Douglas adds 2 legit O linemen in FA, go Harris.  I do agree with DWC, I really want him.  However you have to have a line to draft a running back.

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i predict they go qb at 2, and then go pass rusher with the seattle pick.  that would leave 3 day 2 picks for OL/wr/cb.

It’s tough to say “we’re going pass rusher with Seattle pick!” Cause there’s not too many pass rushers in this draft that warrant that pick. You have Paye and Rousseau who’ll most likely be gone by that time. The only other candidate is Ossai out of Texas 

38 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s tough to say “we’re going pass rusher with Seattle pick!” Cause there’s not too many pass rushers in this draft that warrant that pick. You have Paye and Rousseau who’ll most likely be gone by that time. The only other candidate is Ossai out of Texas 

Eh. It’s tricky for pass rushers before the combine. Physical measurements matter for their evals a lot. But beside Paye, Rousseau, and Ossai, there’s Basham, Ojulari, Sanders, Oweh, Bonnito, Weaver and Jones who can test their way into top 50.

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

OT

Rashawn Slater
Jalen Mayfield
Liam Eichenberg
Alex Leatherwood
Samuel Cosmi
Dillon Randunz

IOL:
Alija Vera-Tucker
Creed Humphrey
Wyatt Davis
Josh Meyers
Trey Smith

I haven't heard much about Vera-Tucker but is he legitimately the top IOL in this draft assuming he's moved inside in the pros?  

Also, if PIT drafts Harris, that means Conner moves on.  I wouldn't give him a big multi-year deal because of injury concerns, but I wouldn't hate plugging him in behind an improved OL and with some combination of Johnson/Adams/Perine backing him up.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I haven't heard much about Vera-Tucker but is he legitimately the top IOL in this draft assuming he's moved inside in the pros?  

Also, if PIT drafts Harris, that means Conner moves on.  I wouldn't give him a big multi-year deal because of injury concerns, but I wouldn't hate plugging him in behind an improved OL and with some combination of Johnson/Adams/Perine backing him up.

I wasn’t necessarily ranking them there, more so just listing names. I think Davis Humphrey and Vera-Tucker are all at the top of the IOL list