Rapoport: Carson Wentz next QB domino to drop. Colour me terrified.

T0mShane

6 hours ago, slats said:

JD and Saleh have five years under contract here, and I'm not sure that fixing the QB position first is their #1 priority. So an inexpensive trade for Wentz, or bringing back Darnold and signing a 1A backup/potential starter like Jameis Winston could be an option for their first year together. Fill out the rest of the roster, establish the program, then bring in their guy at QB if no one they've tried so far is working out. 

But yeah, like I said, I know that's not popular. 

This is the key!

JD might even move down a few slots via trade and pick up a QB they know may not be ready like Trey Lance!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

49ers have the #12 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft send them Darnold and the #23 we wind up with #2 and #12 and possibly get their 2nd round pick #44. 

JD is a very decent human being as a GM, he definitely tries and trades players to favorable situations!!!

I don't want any part of Wentz but the idea that Darnold is better or even comparable is pretty far out there.  One guy is 35-32-1 62.7% 113:50, 247 ypg 6.7 ypa.  The other is 13-25, 59.8%, 213ypg, 6.6 ypa.  Which would you take? 

And Shane, I never picture you any way other than terrified.  I'm a ******* American, I don't colour sh*t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Yikes. How does the Bears GM still have a job? Drafted Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson, traded up for the privilege to do so, then gives up more draft capital for a shot Wentz.

My God

Trash QBs are being sold and bought like hot cakes, no excuses JD I will personally start the “Fire Douglas” train you butcher this offseason ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Wentz > Darnold. No should ever argue that.

Better question:   Is Wentz > Dalton or Brissett or any UFA QB you can bring in here to compete with or replace Darnold without giving up draft capital and eating up a bunch of cap space?

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Welcome to the forum, you must be new here, and new to being a Jets fan. 

Welcome aboard!

What you are observing is the typical fan reaction to being one of, if not the, worst offensive teams in the NFL for the last 30 years. 

It is what happens when the quality of your QB play is so bad, on average, that you may well be considered the worst team in the NFL at the QB position over the past 30 years.

It is what happens when your franchises all time records for passing are at levels that are considered par for the course average annual production for most other NFL teams.

i.e. desperation is horrible thing.

Yeah, I have experiences all that yet I would never start a thread to trade even a 5th round pick for Wentz

8 hours ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Report #49ers have talked to #Jets about the availability of QB Sam Darnold. He has a very good cap number for a QB for the team to focus on other areas. This will be a situation to watch will #SanFrancisco try to bring the #USC product back to the bay area?

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

George Ofman is a reporter for 670 The Score sportsradio in Chicago.  This would be insane.  Two 1s and a player for Wentz.

Maybe we do deal Sam.

This is a classic pump and dump. JD ignited this whole thing on the 'QB bets' reddit. 

Unload Sam for the San Francisco second rounder and draft that Mormon Karate Kid #2 overall. 

Genius. 

17 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Wentz has an exorbitant contract and hasn't played well in years. The fact he is so much more sought after than Darnold makes me thing all that talk of how highly Darnold is thought of is baloney.

Disagree there

My main complaint with Wentz is that the dude is supposedly a self absorbed douchebag with a reconstructed knee and puts the ball on the ground more than anyone this side of Daniel Jones.

Many seem to have blocked out the fact that just a year ago he threw for 4,000 yards with 27 TD’s and 7 picks and had the Eagles in the playoffs.

The risk and contract just isn’t worth it to me.

I still maintain that you either make the big move for Watson or roll it back with Darnold and put him in by far the best situation he’s been in since his redshirt freshman year at USC when many (myself included) thought that he was the best QB prospect since Luck.

I know I’m in the minority but Fields left a pretty big sour taste in my mouth over the last two months and Wilson doesn’t blow my t!ts off either.

• Upvote 4