Whats on the Easter menu? Easter traditions?

When growing up a giant baked glazed ham was always on the menu, mint jelly, scalloped potatoes.

My mom made these really simple but delicious desserts called Easter lilies, a kind of a small cake like thing shaped into a lily that was filled with whipped cream.

My father made these awesome huge chocolate and sweet filled Easter eggs.

What are ya'lls traditions?  Do you people have kids and Easter egg hunts and such?

What's your menu traditional items?

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

My grandson’s first Easter today. Brunch with him, my son and daughter in law followed by the 6 hour drive home.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

That's great. I have three, two boys and a 7 month old girl. We were blessed to find out three weeks ago that our youngest of three sons and his wife are expecting their first. All the best to you and your family.Happy Easter and safe travels.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

That's great. I have three, two boys and a 7 month old girl. We were blessed to find out three weeks ago that our youngest of three sons and his wife are expecting their first. All the best to you and your family.Happy Easter and safe travels.

Thanks. Happy Easter to you too. Enjoy the family.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Heading to the family farm to do an easter egg hunt and huge extended family meal. It's a pot luck deal, but ham and brisket are the main attractions.  My extended family is huge, so it will be quite the extravaganza.

My grandma passed away in August.  This is out at her farm.  Lots of great memories(easter or otherwise) for me as a kid there.  Glad my 3 kids get to enjoy it as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

A big ham, venison tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and Copes dried corn. Will have a full house today. Both boys and their wives, brother and sister in law, mom and my wife. Definitely some wine and cocktails. The last big holiday meal before being a grandfather and then having a baby to cry and scream for the future holiday family gatherings LOL

• Upvote 2

Just me, my wife and the kiddos today. I'm going to smoke pork tenderloins. I made my own pickles and pickled onions this week. I may make up some cornbread, and we go all-in on a southern style Easter dinner. 

Hoping this'll be the last lonely holiday for a while. Come Thanksgiving, and bickering about politics or whatever, I'll be wishing for quiet holidays with just the 4 of us. LOL

• Upvote 1