Sam Darnold elects not to thank Jets fans like most athletes do.

5 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

That was their choice, Sam chose not to.  If anything, he should send out a tweet telling Jets fans to blow him after some of the stuff I've seen posted here.  

Yes, it is their choice...and it is his choice not to. And it is our choice to discuss the fact that he is the only one not to....on a message board.....to discuss the Jets and their players, past and present. 

Poor sweet Sammy wasn't ready for the Big Apple and can do no wrong! 

• Thumb Down 1

If only Sam was as classy as Jamal Adams.  Am I seriously reading this narrative???

We have a new exciting coaching staff, a GM that finally garners respect, tons of picks the next 2 years, soon to have a shiny new QB and this is the kind of stuff some people are concerned over? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

I respect he didn’t say anything. Unless player had a great career for that team it’s all bullshit anyways. “ I could not stand playing for your team, I hated the fans, it was miserable, thanks for the memories guys, gonna miss you.” If I’m going to be lied to I prefer it be by a woman. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I respect he didn’t say anything. Unless player had a great career for that team it’s all bullsh*t anyways. “ I could not stand playing for your team, I hated the fans, it was miserable, thanks for the memories guys, gonna miss you.” If I’m going to be lied to I prefer it be by a woman. 

True. How many of us believed what Jamal said on his way out? That tweet from him was straight bullsh*t.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

https://www.instagram.com/samdarnold/

Anyone else find it weird with all the praise of what a great person Sam is that he has decided to not say a word? Usually when this happens the athlete makes some sort of statement thanking the fans of the team he is leaving and that he gave it his all and is looking forward to the new opportunity etc. Absolutely radio silence except a surprise party of him cheering the move which Mike Greenberg took advantage of to trash the organization with. Oh look how happy he is to get away from your sh*tty team says a smiling Greenberg. 

Edit as reference from a great post by jetfreak89 This is Jamal Adams, who most fans hate, goodbye after he was traded.

yeah I wish he did a fake post like that...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Don't. Really. Care. He is gone. I wish him luck.

Same for me except the luck.  I'm hoping he continues to suck/throw mind numbingly dumb INTs this season.  

Maybe the happiest I've been as a Jet fan with the jettisoning of Gase and Darnold.  It's all up from here.   We hope.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Same for me except the luck.  I'm hoping he continues to suck/throw mind numbingly dumb INTs this season.  

Maybe the happiest I've been as a Jet fan with the jettisoning of Gase and Darnold.  It's all up from here.   We hope.

You know what. Your a dickhead.

• Upvote 2

I don't really care...and why would I wish him luck?  There are only a select few that I wished luck to after they left the Jets and the only one I remember is when Broadway Joe went to the Rams.  He got us a SB...and remind me again for whatever reason did Sam do for the Jets and its fans?  Having said that, if the Jets played the Namath Rams, you can bet whatever you want, the laundry of the team I root for comes first.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Every single generation 'weepz for the children' and you'll find most studies show that each subsequent generation usually does the things the previous generations say is important to them better than those generations do..

Oh I fully agree, I remember my parents railing about The Beatles.

But it just seems to devolving more and more and getting worse and worse.  

I mean, who would have thought that Mr. Potato Head would get cancelled? 

Sam has been nothing but a class act here.  Who cares that he doesn’t post something on Social  media.  That’s never really been his thing anyway. There’s a reason why nobody has said one bad word about him.  He has never blamed anyone and always said good things about the city.  At least he isnt an attention whore like Jamal.  

• Upvote 1

Sam Darnold was a class act on and off the field for the most part. 

He played the game with no emotion and looked clueless most times on the field. 

He was a terrible QB for many reasons and seemed to not be able to handle the NY/NJ hype. 

Im so glad the NY Jets decided to move on. 

Fans as of late  have been force fed the likes of Todd Bowles,Adam Gase,Luke Falk and Sam Darnold. 

We deserve so much better. 

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Anyone else find it weird with all the praise of what a great person Sam is that he has decided to not say a word? Usually when this happens the athlete makes some sort of statement thanking the fans of the team he is leaving and that he gave it his all and is looking forward to the new opportunity etc. Absolutely radio silence except a surprise party of him cheering the move which Mike Greenberg took advantage of to trash the organization with. Oh look how happy he is to get away from your sh*tty team says a smiling Greenberg. 

Edit as reference from a great post by jetfreak89 This is Jamal Adams, who most fans hate, goodbye after he was traded.

SO what.

Jamal gave a nice social media post, and keeps ripping the Jets.  Sam doesn't and fans should act butt hurt?

An organization that got him punished, surrounded by a horrible head coach and no talent.  A fan base that wanted him gone.  He should say "Thanks!"

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

SO what.

Jamal gave a nice social media post, and keeps ripping the Jets.  Sam doesn't and fans should act butt hurt?

An organization that got him punished, surrounded by a horrible head coach and no talent.  A fan base that wanted him gone.  He should say "Thanks!"

Unfortunately in today’s society people are way too concerned and what’s said or not said on social media it’s crazy ?.  Like others have said it’s not Sans style to post things on social.  Sam had always had great things to say about the organization and the fans.  Hell he even on Gase’s back even though the dude stunted his growth the past two years.  

• Upvote 1

• Some of us may have thought that Sam was ok with the Jets internally, that they tried to support him, etc.  But in reality Mac bungled building the team before, during and after he drafted Sam, and JD did not do much better in the one full pre-season he had the opportunity to. JD did spend money on Ryan Kalil, which was wasted.  Robby, Damien Lewis/Onwenu, etc.   So, as also apparent from his Trade Party, I don't think Darnold was happy with his Jets experience (although by picking him  the Jets paid him more money), and I think in fairness that is a negative reflection on the Jets' organization.
  • This is despite JD basically saying that Darnold was QB 2 in their evaluation of QBs available for the Jets to select-keep Darnold and extend, or draft Wilson.  Lucky Wilson was there, for Darnold.
  • But Darnold is a public figure and professional.  He should have his people draw up a nice Instragram thank you.  It is good PR and a good example to set for young people.  Even Jamal knows that.  This is a mistake by Darnold and it is not too late to fix it.  
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

On the other hand, Jamal's comes off as disingenuous whereas Darnold not giving a sh*t about Jets fans seems, if nothing else, honest.

Then again, Jamal is attached to his social media, and Darnold uses his to promote product.  He's made 2 posts in 2021, and one of them was an ad.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Really?  REALLY?

Let me guess, you love Jamal Adams.

Well, personally I'm glad he's gone, and we got two firsts for him.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, genot said:

I can live with this.  I would argue that I'm just a Jet fan who was fed up with Darnold's inept play. Plus,  I'd be mollified knowing that most of us on JN were correct in our appraisal of Darnold as not being a competent NFL QB.

46 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

40 minutes ago, genot said:

Sam being terrible is good for our draft position.

As a New York Jets fan, we should all want Sam Darnold to be terrible.  So terrible, in fact, that we get the 33rd overall pick in next years draft.

• Upvote 3