Are the 49ers Trying to Get the Jets to draft Justin Fields?

The NFL is big big business. What comes with big business? Plenty of cheating. Plenty of smokescreens, payoffs, spying, bluffing, lying, con games and etc. If you don't think any of this really happens you haven't been watching the Patriots for the past 20 years. It is possible that the 49ers really want Zack Wilson and are trying to convince the Jets that they really want Justin Fields so maybe the Jets start thinking about taking Fields or maybe the 49ers really want Justin Fields so they tried to convince the Jets that they want Zack Wilson to get the Jets headed in Zack Wilsons direction so they can get Fields - well that last one I mentioned worked if that was their plan. Whomever the 49ers get at 3 they will say was their target all along anyway so we may never know the real truth. If I'm the Jets I'm shutting out all of this noise and picking the player that will fit best in their new offense. Pick the player you have the most confidence in. Pick the player that his game translates best to the NFL. No pressure - right? Just careers and millions of dollars on the line. Just make the right choice for once New York Jets - Please!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If Joe Douglas is that easily hoodwinked then we have the wrong GM.

Joe Douglas isn't in charge here. According to this guy , it's Robert Saleh. Who isn't as confident or knows as much about football as the esteemed Kyle Shanahan. So Saleh will take who he think Kyle wants, which according to smokescreens was first Mac Jones, now it's Justin Fields, but it's actually Zach Wilson.

The Jets are going to feel so silly now that they didn't send Douglas and Saleh to Fields' second pro day.  

April 29th the Jets are on the clock.

Schefter - "It's going to be Zach Wilson here. The real drama starts at 3. We're hearing San Francisco have reached out to Justin Fields today..."

Cut to the Jets draft room

Douglas - "Everyone, I know we've done months and months of evaluation on these guys. But maybe San Francisco know something we don't? Rob, what you think of Justin's second pro day?"

Saleh - "I didn't go remember, you gave me the day off".

Douglas - "Damn, and I didn't go either. I had a goatee-trimming appointment the same day that I couldn't get out of. Who did we send again?".

Jay Mandolesi - "I went. The food was lovely, nice trip. i thought I was supposed to be looking at Shaun Wade".

Four minutes later

Goodell - " With the second pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select......Justin Fields, Quarterback, Ohio State". 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

Joe Douglas isn't in charge here. According to this guy , it's Robert Saleh. Who isn't as confident or knows as much about football as the esteemed Kyle Shanahan. So Saleh will take who he think Kyle wants, which according to smokescreens was first Mac Jones, now it's Justin Fields, but it's actually Zach Wilson.

The Jets are going to feel so silly now that they didn't send Douglas and Saleh to Fields' second pro day.  

April 29th the Jets are on the clock.

Schefter - "It's going to be Zach Wilson here. The real drama starts at 3. We're hearing San Francisco have reached out to Justin Fields today..."

Cut to the Jets draft room

Douglas - "Everyone, I know we've done months and months of evaluation on these guys. But maybe San Francisco know something we don't? Rob, what you think of Justin's second pro day?"

Saleh - "I didn't go remember, you gave me the day off".

Douglas - "Damn, and I didn't go either. I had a goatee-trimming appointment the same day that I couldn't get out of. Who did we send again?".

Jay Mandolesi - "I went. The food was lovely, nice trip. i thought I was supposed to be looking at Shaun Wade".

Four minutes later

Goodell - " With the second pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select......Justin Fields, Quarterback, Ohio State". 

I had to read this twice, because of the first sentence lol...

• Upvote 1

Or how about this as a possibility:

The Niners are really trying to get the Jets to take Wilson by saying they want Fields, knowing that the Jets may suspect the Niners of using the smokescreen technique...

Or maybe...

The Niners are trying to get the Jets to take Fields by saying they want Fields, knowing that the Jets may suspect the Niners of using the smokescreen technique, but the Niners know that the Jets may know they are using the smokescreen technique...

Or maybe...

• Haha 2

i certainly hope saleh and lafleur and douglas don't take a qb simply because kyle shanahan wants the guy.  so far, by most reports, wilson is the 2nd rated qb followed by fields, jones, et al.  we'll have to see.  also, it will be interesting to see what kind of deal the niners offered the jets to move up to 2.  i can't see them moving to 3 without first finding out about 2.

The Jets and 49ers are friends.  Saleh and LaFleur owe their careers to Shanahan.  The Jets made it known who they are taking to the 49ers before the 49ers traded up.  No one is getting played here. If anything it’s collusion.
SAR I
Although collusion in what way ??? I dont think so ... you can tell whoever you want who you are taking.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Or how about this as a possibility:

The Niners are really trying to get the Jets to take Wilson by saying they want Fields, knowing that the Jets may suspect the Niners of using the smokescreen technique...

Or maybe...

The Niners are trying to get the Jets to take Fields by saying they want Fields, knowing that the Jets may suspect the Niners of using the smokescreen technique, but the Niners know that the Jets may know they are using the smokescreen technique...

Or maybe...

Movie Leo GIF

• Upvote 1

This is most definitely one of the stupidest threads ever started. The guy who started it needs to go outside or get a hobby or something. He needs something else to do. It’s not rocket science. GM and his scouts put in the work, put together the board and make the picks. As fans we hope our GM knows what he’s doing and gets it right. It’s pretty safe to say Douglas isn’t curled up in the fetal position worrying he’s being played by the Niners or any other team. This thread is just laughable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

If I'm the Jets I'm shutting out all of this noise and picking the player that will fit best in their new offense. Pick the player you have the most confidence in. Pick the player that his game translates best to the NFL.

Well Done Whatever GIF by Captain Obvious

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

The NFL is big big business. What comes with big business? Plenty of cheating. Plenty of smokescreens, payoffs, spying, bluffing, lying, con games and etc. If you don't think any of this really happens you haven't been watching the Patriots for the past 20 years. It is possible that the 49ers really want Zack Wilson and are trying to convince the Jets that they really want Justin Fields so maybe the Jets start thinking about taking Fields or maybe the 49ers really want Justin Fields so they tried to convince the Jets that they want Zack Wilson to get the Jets headed in Zack Wilsons direction so they can get Fields - well that last one I mentioned worked if that was their plan. Whomever the 49ers get at 3 they will say was their target all along anyway so we may never know the real truth. If I'm the Jets I'm shutting out all of this noise and picking the player that will fit best in their new offense. Pick the player you have the most confidence in. Pick the player that his game translates best to the NFL. No pressure - right? Just careers and millions of dollars on the line. Just make the right choice for once New York Jets - Please!

Just throw a 2nd and 3rd our way and the twink is yours.

Short of a leaked video showing Wilson snorting blow off a hooker's ass an hour before the Draft, the Jets will stick with their pick.  

And a video of him inhaling pot through a gas mask wouldn't give the Jets a moment's pause.  We've learned things over the years about the Draft.