The Jets Aren't Going to be Horrible This Year

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

-Better Head Coach (Gase was the worst I've ever seen.)

-Better Offensive Coordinator (Did we even have an O-Co under Gase, really?)

-Better Offensive System (Shanny-style WCO > Gase Insanity)

-Better QB (We have to presume Wilson won't be dead last in the NFL, otherwise why would we dump Sam and draft Wilson, amirite?)

-Better at RB (No more feeding old Gore.)

-Better #1 WR (Davis over Perriman.)

-Better #2 WR (Mims healthy vs. missed most of season.)

-Not having a depth guy like Berrios be #2 in Catches at WR, lol.

-Better O-line (almost by default, Becton 2nd Year, high Draft Pick presumably)

-Better Edge (Carl Lawson)

-Better LB (Mosely back)

-Better CB (presuming we sign Sherman post-draft and/or draft a CB)

-Better play from JD 2020 Draft Class (Hall at CB fully healthy, Zuninga at Edge second year, Perine at RB, Davis at Safety 2nd year, etc).

-Presumed upgrades at a number of positions (#23 pick, #34 pick at minimum should be upgrades).

Will we win a Super Bowl in 2021?  We gonna be #1 in Offense, #1 in Defense?  Probably not, lol. ?  And no one is saying we will or should.

Should we be able to expect a competitive team that is in every game and competes and should be around .500 or better?

Hell yes we should! ?

LOL dude! 

This is my favorite time of year!

We're 0-0. I can rationalize every move as making sense, our new leadership team looks strong and aligned, the players we've kept will grow, the new guys will fill strategic holes and the draft class will be the whipped cream on top!

Lets go Jets! Cowabunga! Zach or bust!

Bills are overrated, will revert to the mean! Tua sucks! Cheatriots minus Brady are headed for 4th place in the AFC East!

• Sympathy 1

I hard not to be better than 2-14.  But what people don’t understand is that there is not much difference between 2-14 and 9-7.  There reallly isn’t.  That’s why you see teams jump all the time to that range.  I think the bigger challenge is getting form 9-7 to 12-4 and better.  But that’s why I laughed at pundits saying oh the dolphins are so much ahead of the Jets.  Do we reallly think the Jets couldn’t get to that level pretty quickly? 

I agree Jets will be better and could very easily be in that 7 or even 8 win range.

• Upvote 2

I agree. We have seen teams turn it around quickly before. Firing the worst coach in NFL history, and changing the 33rd rated QB in football to hopefully even someone in the teens should add a few wins. Add in the upgraded pass rush and hopefully hit a few picks and we can hover around .500 maybe. It will be refreshing not having to watch Gore run into Van Rottens ass for a 1 yard gain 25 times a game anymore.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

-Better QB (We have to presume Wilson won't be dead last in the NFL, otherwise why would we dump Sam and draft Wilson, amirite?)

-Better LB (Mosely back)

-Better play from JD 2020 Draft Class (Hall at CB fully healthy, Zuninga at Edge second year, Perine at RB, Davis at Safety 2nd year, etc).

-Presumed upgrades at a number of positions (#23 pick, #34 pick at minimum should be upgrades).

Will we win a Super Bowl in 2021?  We gonna be #1 in Offense, #1 in Defense?  Probably not, lol. ?  And no one is saying we will or should.

Should we be able to expect a competitive team that is in every game and competes and should be around .500 or better?

Hell yes we should! ?

Don't forget the DL over all which may be the most important part of Saleh's defense if Rankins is truly healthy and Lawson can still get in the range of 32 QB hits this DL could be off the charts. We will have a very good defense and that alone can get you wins if the Offense does not turn the ball over at an alarming rate and limits the three and outs Darnold was famous for. That's without even including the draft in which we own 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. if this team can sneak out some wins early which is very possible with what everyone feels will be a good coaching staff then as they learn the Off and Def as the years goes on they could surprise everyone.

Keys - 

1. Round out the OL via the draft 

2. Get a dynamic RB that can help the young QB

3. Maye and Joyner turn out to be a pro bowl tandem 

4. QB actually plays well and limits mistakes

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Someone wake me up when we have 3 players on our roster that another NFL team would make a starter.

SAR I

"Wake up, Mother****er!"

-Becton, Lawson, Williams, Crowder, McGovern, Maye, Hall, Mosely (He WOULD start for other teams...just not the Jets  ? )

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

-Better LB (Mosely back)

Hell yes we should! ?

yes well I don't know about the "Better #1 WR" Davis isn't really a #1, showed he couldn't be that in TN but he is better than the flash in the pan Perriman. We still need a #1 WR.... but you could have stopped after just saying we don't have the worst HC in league and possibly modern history..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

yes well I don't know about the "Better #1 WR" Davis isn't really a #1, showed he couldn't be that in TN but he is better than the flash in the pan Perriman. We still need a #1 WR.... but you could have stopped after just saying we don't have the worst HC in league and possibly modern history..

I agree completely, and have made a similar inquiry re: Davis as a legit #1.

But I would wager it's a given that Davis playing the #1 WR Position is an upgrade over Perriman playing the #1 WR position.

Two sorta separate arguments. 

Is Davis an elite, legit NFL #1?  Probably not, but we'll see, he's getting a great opportunity here.

Is he likely to be alot better and more durable and more productive than Perriman?  I'd say yes, absolutely. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Someone wake me up when we have 3 players on our roster that another NFL team would make a starter.

SAR I

On offense:  Davis, Mims, and Crowder.  Becton.

On defense: Lawson, Q.Williams, Mosley, Maye

There are more, but these are the easy ones.

• Upvote 3