I'm a BYU grad and former hater of the NY Jets. As of 8 days ago I'm a die-hard Jets fan:). Here's what I know (I'm a bit defensive about Zach/BYU so I had to give you some info about my team too):

Ohhhhhh, boy. What, it's a harmless comment. 

I always find the college football alumni love thing really weird. As in really, really weird. The whole Joe Pa thing, c'mon, who cares if he was old. It never excused him from being criminally, morally, and ethically  negligent, but some of those weirdos defended him even after he died. 

I didn't go to a football school (lol) so I think there's a lot that I'm missing . . . ? Or probably not. 

The closest thing I got to sports in college is where the Knicks practiced. Fine, I just outed myself: SUNY Poorchoice for the win! I kid, look up The Purchase Mafia.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RSJ said:

How many bot accounts are the Jets planning on setting up on this site?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Hi, my name is Bob. Long time BYU fan, and Zach fan boy. error code X-00047y8937e345: invalid directory;

Hi, my name is Bob. Long time BYU fan, and Zach fan boy. error code X-00047y8937e345: invalid directory;

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Welcome to the Green.  A few thoughts. 

"The Jets have had crappy ownership with the Johnson family for a long time."

I agree.  It is a far cry from Leon Hess.  Patton's oil man with the 3d army.  Kept us supplied with an unheard of use of hoses.  He parlayed that knowledge to purchase WW II military surplus equipment to build his gasoline empire.  The current boys inherited the platinum spoon.  Sigh.  

On being a Jet fan.   When an old friend learned I had turned my nephew into a Jet fan, he remarked "you're going to hell.  You realize this."  True story.   

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Ohhhhhh, boy. What, it's a harmless comment. 

I always find the college football alumni love thing really weird. As in really, really weird. The whole Joe Pa thing, c'mon, who cares if he was old. It never excused him from being criminally, morally, and ethically  negligent, but some of those weirdos defended him even after he died. 

I didn't go to a football school (lol) so I think there's a lot that I'm missing . . . ? Or probably not. 

The closest thing I got to sports in college is where the Knicks practiced. Fine, I just outed myself: SUNY Poorchoice for the win! I kid, look up The Purchase Mafia.

The Tebow years brought some really bizarre people out of the woodwork. They always referred to him as Timmy and the posts always seemed laden with Freudian slips.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

I've seen every Wilson game for 3 years and every BYU game since they won a national championship the day I turned 7 years old. Our fans are everywhere around the country and our QB's face enormous pressure from our fan base. People don't realize this outside of Utah. Expectations are sky high for guys like Wilson, and the criticism is crippling for some (Zach and Taysom had to deal with major pressure from the fan base).

All you can really do is pray that the GM & coaching staff have a successful plan laid out to support Wilson and that he isn’t a deuche whom his teammates hate!
(See R. Wilson) If he has the locker room and can be humble, authentic and approachable with the players from every walk of life he’s 30% home. If he has the skill set and brains, he’s 60% of the way to success. If JD/Saleh/Lefleur can get the team playing as one and stocking the cubbards with talent..... 90%

The last 10% is random luck, Divine intervention and a assortment of good bounces & calls.

PS..... see if you can strike up a friendship with Zack and get us some locker room tidbits! At least make yourself useful! You used up a lot of air so far!!

• Sympathy 1